Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:04:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Corp Hangers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Corp Hangers  (Read 2561 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: January 16, 2006, 09:04:22 AM

Was trying to figure out the reasoning to the locations on the corporate locations. I'm sure it is mostly a case of "there are a lot of people in this area and a lot of people in this area". I'm guessing we will be establishing a manufacturing area in a lower-sec area sometime fairly soon, I like making my home base close to the corp hangers. (Had a lot of nice BP's in my last corp so I tended to hang out in the area, as it made for lots of cheap modules.) also most of the players hung out in the 5 systems surrounding as there was a nice scattering of deadspace areas there. What is the plan forward for how we handle bases? Seems like it is splitting up who is where as well.  (Half at one, half at the other and half in low-sec).

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 02:52:49 PM

Well, originally they were setup so that people could join the corp without having to do 20+ jumps to get to the corp HQ. I'd like to leave the offices we have setup now in place, but we could certainly start grouping in an area with more low-sec space available. The problem is finding a good location to do that in.

Since a lot of the folks are still newish and probably doing missions, it's harder to move away from the controlled spaces you are aligned to, as it is much harder to find agents.

I figure if we can find a location in .4 or .5 space as our 'main operating area' we would encourage folks to move out there once they are more comfortable with the game.

If someone wants to scout out a good location we are all ears. Feel free to evemail me some system names and I'll look at them and discuss with our new directors come Thursday.

- Viin
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 10:35:41 PM

I am currently running  missions from 2 level 1 agents in weld, sec 0.3. seems to be a pretty quiet low sec system, 1 jump from 0.0 if I recall right. from time to time I see some red blobs on my scanner overview when approaching a gate, but either they are not interested in taking out a small rifter, or their reflexes are so bad, that they are not able to lock on me, when I approach the gate at 800 m/s evil

the system has only 2 asteroid belts for rat hunting, but in the neighbour systems (klint for example, 0.3 as well) there are asteroid belts en mass.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 09:27:17 AM

Maybe you guys should look for a system with some Sister's of Eve agent's. Working for them raises your faction with all 4 of the nations so it won't do any damage to foreigners moving into whatever space you choose.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 09:34:26 AM

Maybe you guys should look for a system with some Sister's of Eve agent's. Working for them raises your faction with all 4 of the nations so it won't do any damage to foreigners moving into whatever space you choose.

Good to know. I was working Gallente missions and the last one had me blowing Caldari navy out of the sky. I am sure that wasn't so good for my Caldari faction =)

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Corp Hangers  
Jump to: