Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:30:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Trial of Isle newb question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trial of Isle newb question  (Read 3324 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: January 14, 2006, 07:04:56 AM

I've got an active Station account. I don't want to create a new one just to check out the Trial freebie in case I move into making it a full purchase. Any way I can link my existing account to the Trial download, or is this a question for SOE CSR?
Hartsman
Developers

Trion

Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 08:44:47 AM

I've got an active Station account. I don't want to create a new one just to check out the Trial freebie in case I move into making it a full purchase. Any way I can link my existing account to the Trial download, or is this a question for SOE CSR?

You shouldn't need to make a new account to try out the trial - If that's not obvious through the registration flow, I'd say the flow needs tweaking until it is.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 09:05:16 AM

Hey Hartsman, while we got your attention.

When LU 19 goes in and the newbie class stuff changes will there be a way for me to check it out without resubing my account or creating a new account?

What I am asking is can I do the trial of the isle with my deactivated account to see if I like the changes enough to resub?  Or will I have to do a whole new trial of the isle install/account creation?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 11:16:02 AM

Hey Hartsman, while we got your attention.

When LU 19 goes in and the newbie class stuff changes will there be a way for me to check it out without resubing my account or creating a new account?

What I am asking is can I do the trial of the isle with my deactivated account to see if I like the changes enough to resub?  Or will I have to do a whole new trial of the isle install/account creation?

SOE would have to do a "come back for 5 days free" thing. I would recommend they do.

I have never played WoW.
Hartsman
Developers

Trion

Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 11:50:05 AM

*Not an official statement - Wild assed personal guess from someone who doesn't have a promo schedule in front of him*

Between the new char progression and the opening of PvP, I can't imagine that we'd miss doing some kind of resub promo once both are out there.

I'm sure it wouldn't be day and date with PvP launch, due to load and wanting to make sure we were smooth first, but if I had to guess, one would have to be coming.

*/Not an official statement*

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 06:02:34 AM

Quote from: Hartsman
You shouldn't need to make a new account to try out the trial - If that's not obvious through the registration flow, I'd say the flow needs tweaking until it is.
I was presented two options after the initial "Play EQ2 Trial" and "Buy EQ2" screen: "Create an Account" or "Use an Existing Account". When I went to the latter, I entered my Station account name and password. It connected to the server and popped up a dialog box saying my Trial had expired, and if I'd want to buy the game, to please do so. So I created a new station account to try out the Trial. If this doesn't sound right, I'll grab a screenshot tonight and post it.

No worries though. I'm going to hold off though until the new newbie experience goes in. It sounds like it's right around the corner. Last night the only differences I noted from 14 months ago was the new intro story. That was pretty cool (though I still long for more CGI animation like the EQ2 promo movie), but thereafter, on the boat and on the Isle itself, the game was exactly the same for me.

It's not the newbie experience that'll make or break it for me, but I also don't want to make a new character in a system I already mastered and bypass the new stuff that's being worked on. Especially since it's so close anyway. I can wait.

So when Live Update 19 goes in, I'll hope for a new Trial period :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 06:04:24 AM by Darniaq »
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 08:27:10 PM

Well now, apparently it only costs $19.99 from Sony's station, just inexpensive enough to be an impulse purchase :) So I did. Hopefully I'll be on Test Server to check out the newbie stuff before business trips next week.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 08:28:04 PM

Apparently the newbie thing changes in a couple days, so I'm holding off.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Related question (I think) : I heard there is a something like a guest/friend/trial account, that players can hand out to friends to get them interested in the game. Something that allows playing  the game for more than the newbie isle.

Is this true, and if yes, how does it work and is a credit card needed ?

My eve-online trial is running out and I am going to move in 2 weeks and won't have access to the intarweb for about a month, so I do not want to subscribe to a game at the moment.

Oh, and if anyone of you does have one of those "guest accounts" I would take it  Heart

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 05:41:20 PM

Sounds like a buddy key thing.

I got my box today. Two DVDs?! The total install is less than 4.5gb, which is the standard capacity of one of the most commonly mass-produced DVDs (DVD-5). But ciest la vie. It installed, patched, and I'm loading up the Test stuff now. Paying to beta ftw!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 01:03:30 AM

Sounds like a buddy key thing.
Heart
That was the term I was looking for.

Got any ? evil

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Trial of Isle newb question  
Jump to: