Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:22:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Splitpaw Den is fucking awesome. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Splitpaw Den is fucking awesome.  (Read 3511 times)
schild
Administrator

on: January 12, 2006, 05:19:57 AM

Seriously. The caves were good other than the insane respawn rate on some ghost things. The arena was awesome - go go mushroom pet. Gonna do the rest tomorrow. It's good stuff. Maybe I'll have something interesting to say when I wake up.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 06:58:18 AM

Seriously. The caves were good other than the insane respawn rate on some ghost things. The arena was awesome - go go mushroom pet. Gonna do the rest tomorrow. It's good stuff. Maybe I'll have something interesting to say when I wake up.

Wait till you try harclaves. If you couldn't find the quest you have to go sit and listen to the Storyteller guy for about 5 minutes and you'll eventually get to the end of his story and he'll offer the quest.

Oddly enough that isn't a respawn rate on those ghosts there is just an ungodly number of them. I was curious about that as well one day and did manage to kill them all.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 09:05:40 AM

I think dungeon respawns are a bit rough overall from what I've seen. I like a bit more sedate pace...meaning I like to have time to not get killed by wanderers backfilling :( I'm not saying the half-hour timer of Guk, but sheesh.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 09:56:12 AM

Oddly enough that isn't a respawn rate on those ghosts there is just an ungodly number of them. I was curious about that as well one day and did manage to kill them all.

We killed all but one that was stuck in the floor.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 12:48:23 PM

IIRC on the gnoll ghosts, they respawn a set number of times then stop. You can clear the whole den for good, but there will be some backfill as you wander around. In my 30s on easy, it usually took me less than 2 hours to clear as a melee class and I usually walked out with 8-12 spell books and about 30g worth of loots.

I have never played WoW.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 08:11:45 AM

SPOILER/CHEAT WARNING!!!!!!!!!

EASY WAY TO DO ALL QUESTS IN SPLITPAW. Don't read if you don't want to know....

If anyone is stuck on any of the "Heroic" level quests there's an easy way to finish them all. This works on everything except the raid instance as far as I know although you probably won't get any loot drops unless you scale it exactly right to make it the lowest level green. The trick is to group with someone lower than yourself, mentor down to their level,  enter a zone, and then unmentor. Normally the zones will take the average of your group and scale to that level. If you mentor you'll drop the average level lower than normal. You should be able to either gray or green out the entire zone making those other quests very easy to finish up. You'll still get quest exp but if you gray out the zone you won't get any loot or exp from mob kills. Only the higher level member will get quest updates while doing this if the other person is more than 10 levels lower so this doesn't work in the reverse.

If you're having trouble with the Arena champion this also works for the solo instances. Group, Mentor down, zone into solo instance, unmentor and the mobs will now all be the level that you were when mentoring.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 09:29:06 AM

The system is broken if you have to pull that exploit shit to get things done.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 09:55:50 AM

I'm pretty sure he is talking about how to use the system mechanics to do quests meant for a group as a solo player.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 09:56:02 AM

You don't have to. It's just a super easy alternative.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 10:18:56 AM

I'm pretty sure he is talking about how to use the system mechanics to do quests meant for a group as a solo player.

Exactly. I know there are people that will want to see all of the content and finish all of the quests. The same people might not always have access to a full group, a full 2 groups, or a full raid. At least using what I posted you only really need 2-3 people to complete almost the entire expansion despite the fact that the entire expansion wasn't designed to be solo'd.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 11:28:13 AM

Second class citizens.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 01:05:28 PM

Second class citizens.

Yep, I also cry when I'm playing a FPS and just want to run around collecting weapons but other people constantly kill me. Very frustrating.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 02:41:46 PM

Sky succintly explained his position in /gu the other day.  Basically, it's fine that there's distinct content for groups and for soloers.  The bugger is that soloers get shitty drops thereby being penalized for playing a certain way.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 03:12:56 PM

Sky succintly explained his position in /gu the other day.  Basically, it's fine that there's distinct content for groups and for soloers.  The bugger is that soloers get shitty drops thereby being penalized for playing a certain way.

Are soloers penalized or are groupers rewarded?

Either way I'm not sure it matters that much since since you can easily harvest all day long while solo and player made gear from harvested rares is better quality than most of what you'll get while grouped. You need to raid to get the best of the best.

Are groupers penalized for not raiding?

And finally what would be the point of raiding if you could get the same stuff while solo? You have to have some sort of carrot otherwise raiding would just be the same as trying to get 24 people together to jump in the air at the same exact time to get a nice screen shot and then deciding to do it 100 more times.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 07:10:34 PM

Are soloers penalized or are groupers rewarded?
Yes.
Are groupers penalized for not raiding?

Yes.

It was designed that way a purpose.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Splitpaw Den is fucking awesome.  
Jump to: