Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:40:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Possible easy fix to crafting profession problem 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible easy fix to crafting profession problem  (Read 1961 times)
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

on: January 12, 2006, 04:48:35 AM

I don't know if this happened to you, schild, but the guy on the docks that lets you pick the tradeskill you want allows you to do so before you have reached artisan level 10. Perhaps that NPC is looking at adventuring levels instead, Hartsman? I ended up picking Scholar (which is what I wanted anyhow) when I was crafting level 4. I'm only 8 at the moment, but I imagine when I reach 10 and go to select one, no matter which I select, I will be set to Scholar. If none of this applies to what happened to you, then nevermind, but perhaps it will help. The only reason I mention it is because when swooping around Qeynos docks grabbing quests, the profession selector guy shows up as offering a quest as well when it's really just profession selection. If this post is a mess it's because it's early and I'm dead tired.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 02:04:53 PM

Maybe it happened to me as well, I was going around all the zones in the beginning grabbing quests like mad, so maybe I just kept clicking on the bubbles for the NPC and accidently chose outfitter.  I also think it doesn't make sense to choose your profession before you do quests which obviously are designed to see what profession you like the best, kind of counterintuitive to me.

It's simple really, you already have this sort of thing in place for adventuring, you can't become level 10 until you pick a profession, but you have to wait until around 9 or so in order to pick your profession.  I know this would of worked better for me, because I did not do the necessary research to see what profession I wanted to be until I thought I had to pick a specific profession.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Possible easy fix to crafting profession problem  
Jump to: