Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:23:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Support number? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Support number?  (Read 3939 times)
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

on: May 19, 2004, 08:33:36 PM

Could someone look up on support.coh.com and find out what the tech support line is? For some reason, I haven't been able to log into COH or view the COH or plaync websites since Monday night. Of course, their tech support line is listed on support.coh.com which I can't get to. Seems a bunch of people in the Houston area using SBC DSL are having the same problem. I talked to SBC and they say its COH's fault. I imagine COH will say its SBC's fault.

I've sent COH email yesterday and they replied saying they were going to escalate it but haven't heard anything since. I figured I'd try to call and bug someone in person.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 09:12:55 PM

Here is everything they seem to offer in support.   Shouldn't require a successful coH login to access, so long as you can at least pull up the web site.

From the sounds of thing, there's no phone "in game" support, for anything in game related they want you to mail support@cityofheroes.com

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 09:13:24 PM

"We offer telephone support for Billing and Tech Support issues.  You may contact a member of our Billing or Tech Support teams by calling the number below.  We do not offer general game support via telephone and as such those calls will be directed to contact us via one of the other methods listed in this document."

1-512-225-6359
Mon-Sat
1pm to 9pm Central
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 09:42:54 PM

Thanks. Guess I can't call tonight. I'll just have to wait til tomorrow.

I can't seem to reach anything in COH/PlayNC's domain (65.205.186.*) like www.plaync.com or www.playtr.com . I can ping/tracert those sites, but when I try to connect to either COH's patcher or any of the sites, I get "Cannot find server or DNS error" message.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 03:12:04 PM

Set one of your DNS server addresses to NetSol's public DNS server it is:

I have my primary set to roadrunners (my isp) main DNS server and my secondary set to NetSol's, saves a lot of hastle when ip addresses change or if my ISP is slow to update thier records (RoadRunner slow?  Say it ain't so!).

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 11:03:01 AM

Found out what the problem was. SBC got a new block of IP addresses (70.*.*.*) for public use. Unfortunately many ISPs filter that range since it's never been valid before and was often used to spoof packets for DDoS attacks. They had to contact the provider (NCSoft? who knows...) to remove the BOGON block of 70.*.*.*. It was announced that this IP block was now going to be valid on Jan 15 and I think this Bogon block thing is supposed to be automated but some providers just didn't update their entries.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10289529~mode=flat

If you were like me and wondered what the hell a Bogon block is, go to http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/ and http://www.completewhois.com/bogons/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Support number?  
Jump to: