Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: In 22 hours and 21 minutes... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In 22 hours and 21 minutes...  (Read 4478 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

on: January 11, 2006, 08:30:43 AM

I will have Learning 5 (rank 1), then all shall fear my power with multiplication tables.

The skill learning system is interesting and yet annoying since it sort of takes the MMO timesink convention to the limit.  Thank god we can do this offline.  I'm sure McQuaid would need us ATK at a forge 24/7.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 09:22:04 AM

5 is a LONG haul. Just finished 4 and am working on the rest of the stat boosts before I tackle the 5s.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 10:51:12 AM

2% Learning saves you 201 minutes on a 7 day (10080 minutes) skill.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 11:20:22 AM

I can't believe you're training the learning skills to V so early.  Don't you want to get the hell out of a frigate?  smiley
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 11:31:40 AM

For the really long ones I plan to just do them in overnight chunks when I don't have another skill I REALLY need at the moment. I figure the faster the better on the learning skills though- anything that can cut down 90 day skill gains is useful.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 12:42:22 PM

per-cisely.  I am enjoying Eve, and I'm enjoying the offline training a lot, even though its long.  For me, I rerolled my main ("Soln") and have just been training Learning to 5 before finishing the tutorial and starting again.  I started up EQ2 again the meanwhile, but I think it's a good investment (the Learning skill in Eve, that is).
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 07:19:12 PM

per-cisely.  I am enjoying Eve, and I'm enjoying the offline training a lot, even though its long.  For me, I rerolled my main ("Soln") and have just been training Learning to 5 before finishing the tutorial and starting again.  I started up EQ2 again the meanwhile, but I think it's a good investment (the Learning skill in Eve, that is).

Same - i enjoy the offline training a lot. It kind of gives the game a longer term appeal to me as i can plan out a couple months and not worry that i don't have time to log in and 'ding!'. I have all the learnings at 4 now (well, will, int, perc, memory and cha).

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 03:35:59 PM

Don't worry about Learning itself past 4, train the others (Analytical Mind and Instant Recall first, because the first-tier attribute skills all use those two) to the second tier, level 4 (Logic and Eidetic Memory for those two).  Learning is 2% across the board reduction, but the others are about 10% for the skills that use those attributes.  At tier 2 level 4, your attributes will be in the high teens to low twenties, and you'll train about twice as fast as at tier 1 level 4.  Level 4 to 5 in most skills is roughly 5 days times the rank (so I can train a racial frig skill from 0 to 5 in a little under 2 weeks).  You can cut it another third again with good implants, but those cost (you can get them from missions, though).

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 07:53:02 AM

Don't worry about Learning itself past 4, train the others (Analytical Mind and Instant Recall first, because the first-tier attribute skills all use those two) to the second tier, level 4 (Logic and Eidetic Memory for those two).  Learning is 2% across the board reduction, but the others are about 10% for the skills that use those attributes.  At tier 2 level 4, your attributes will be in the high teens to low twenties, and you'll train about twice as fast as at tier 1 level 4.  Level 4 to 5 in most skills is roughly 5 days times the rank (so I can train a racial frig skill from 0 to 5 in a little under 2 weeks).  You can cut it another third again with good implants, but those cost (you can get them from missions, though).

--Dave

Newb question:  are these extra skills available at a certain level?  What's the criteria to unlock them.  I don't have them visible to train yet is all.  Thanks for good advice.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 08:12:23 AM

You have to buy books to train any skills your character didn't start with.  Look on the market.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: In 22 hours and 21 minutes...  
Jump to: