Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:12:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.9.0 to 1.9.1 Patch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.9.0 to 1.9.1 Patch  (Read 9067 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: January 10, 2006, 03:14:31 PM

World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.9.1 (2006-1-10)

General

* Various disconnection issues have been fixed.

PvP & Battlegrounds

* You should no longer be able to cast Divine Intervention on a flag carrier in Warsong Gulch.

Druid

* Heart of the Wild - Previously, when shifting to Bear Form or Dire Bear Form, this talent would cause your current health to increase by the same amount as your max health. Now it will cause your percentage of max health to be the same before and after the shift, as well as shifting back to humanoid form. As a result, shifting in and out of these forms will no longer cause an increase in current health.
    * Druids with the Symbol of Unending Energy will now be properly awarded 30 energy if their finishing move is dodged, parried, blocked, or missed.
    * Feral Charge - Should no longer desync characters from the server when charging from land to water.

Priest

* Mind Control - Now functions properly. Previously, the person who was charmed did not appear to be moving on their screen or any other local clients.

Warrior

* Charge - Should no longer desync characters from the server when charging from land to water.

Items

* Elixir of Poison Resistance now removes up to 4 poison effects up to level 60. The immunity effect has been removed.
    * The Winter Veil Disguise Kit now has a short casting time and can only be used when not in combat.

Quests & Reputation

* Chapter 2 of the Twilight Lexicon for the quest "The Twilight Lexicon" should again drop from the appropriate NPC.
    * The "Field Duty" quest for Alliance should now work properly.

User Interface

* Using the search feature "Usable Items" no longer causes all pages on the auction house after the first to appear blank.
    * The warning regarding Full realms should now only appear if you do not have characters on said realm.
    * Various errors occurring during use of the default user interface have been fixed.
    * The /split command has been disabled.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 03:17:05 PM

Sweet.  Hopefully one of those 'default UI errors' is that scrollbar thing that's been driving me nuts.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 03:17:24 PM

Player Models

* You may notice other players seem to "Blink" or "strobe" across the screen rather then moving normally. This is working as intended because we do not properly QA our patches to our patches before pushing them live, just like the SoE of old.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 03:21:35 PM

Player Models

* You may notice other players seem to "Blink" or "strobe" across the screen rather then moving normally. This is working as intended because we do not properly QA our patches to our patches before pushing them live, just like the SoE of old.

I have not seen this issue.  I see people 'slide' as they just come into visual range, but then they start animating as soon as the engine loads the animations and get a bit closer.  it may even be a mipmap-like effect on animations, who knows.  Haven't seen any blinking or strobing people, tho.  I have noticed there are still 'stuck' mobs, that always evade every attack and don't respond to anything... Which has been there since beta.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 03:41:24 PM

Damn they didn't fix the sheep wandering bug. So no Instances for me until 1.92 or beyond.

Maybe I am paranoid but I also think that they modified quite a few of the boss encounters in dungeons. Luciferons AoE-Range has been increased (Since 1.9 I cannot stand outside of the range of his curses), Majordomo now ports the one who is on top of his aggro list so positioning somebody inside him doesn't work any longer and we wiped 6 times during the slaughterhouse event because we were getting 2-3 adds to the one abomination we had already pulled. The first wipe for nearly three months and after the 43rd Strath run.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 03:44:37 PM

Player Models

I have not seen this issue. 

Happened with today's  mini-patch. I'm seeing it all over the place, where before I just saw what you mentioned.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 03:47:23 PM

As Merusk said, it started happening after the mini-patch, when I got on a few hours ago. Happening on both our computers here as well, which are quite differently specced. Some people in IF complained of the same thing, some had no trouble, and one person said "try quitting and reloading, that fixed it for me", except it didn't fix it for either of us here.

Zane0
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 09:34:56 PM

The random BG crashes in 1.9 really hurt PvP for me.

Players skipping all to hell interspersed with random BG crashes kills it entirely. :/
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 09:59:58 PM

I have noticed there are still 'stuck' mobs, that always evade every attack and don't respond to anything... Which has been there since beta.

I forgot about that.  That's one mechanic that really irritated me.  I mean, okay, sure, to prevent blatant exploiting, I get it.  But it's implemented in such a way that strategically using the terrain isn't really an option.  I remember in the lowbie night elf (so bite me, I was an elf) spider cave... believe I was a Hunter, I stood on a ledge, there was a path below, and another ledge opposite me. I started shooting spiders at the opposite ledge, figuring they'd run down, go through the pathway, where I could continue to shoot them and probably finish them off, and perhaps they'd eventually make it to me and I could melee them from there.  But nope, not allowed. Evade, evade, evade, evade.

It's a shame when a player can't be rewarded for playing smart.  I thought that was a major part of what makes gaming fun.

Seems to me they should've used a "Can I reach the target player?" code instead of a "Can I reach the target player within X seconds?" code.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 08:02:05 AM

Same on seeing people jump around.  My friend had it also.  It can't be an isolated thing.

*Edit* As a side note, they fixed our queue issue.  Make the game run shitty enough and nobody logs in.
XMackenzie
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 08:05:35 AM

The slide thing makes the game seem almost turn-based.  PvP was a nightmare but it actually helped me kill those faggy jumping around rogue-types as it the stutter effect crap sort of neutralized it on my screen anyways.

attention span of a gnat
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 08:23:37 AM

After applying the patch, I definately noticed it.  Was worst when I did the wailing caves instance with a couple other people.  It was very odd, like they turned off the prediction code that makes people move smoothly.

As an aside, WC was kinda neat.  HUGE tho.  And that everliving guy at the end sucks.

Alkiera

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 12:14:55 PM

Four of us went in there a few weeks ago. That place is an absoloute fucking mess. After doing the rest of the place over an hour or two, we got lost on the way to trying to find the last boss up top, could not for the life of us figure out how to get there. What a fucking mess that place is. I'm never going in there again. Fuck endless caves.

On another note, I loved that werewolf/undead Haunted House place near the Undead newbie zone. We went there the same night, can't remember the name, but that was an awesomely fun zone and very atmospheric. We should have done it twice instead of going to WC.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 12:20:20 PM

On another note, I loved that werewolf/undead Haunted House place near the Undead newbie zone. We went there the same night, can't remember the name, but that was an awesomely fun zone and very atmospheric. We should have done it twice instead of going to WC.

Shadowfang Keep.  The one instance that seems to be universally enjoyed by all.

Choppiness patch was put in last night.  Annoying, but really didn't affect anything I did over the two days it was in.

-Rasix
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 12:28:35 PM

Shadowfang Keep.  The one instance that seems to be universally enjoyed by all.

Choppiness patch was put in last night.  Annoying, but really didn't affect anything I did over the two days it was in.

With instant cast spells, and the fact that I'm playing in a bg range that is suited for twinking melee characters (there are no really good ways to twink casters) combined with the chopiness last night made me literally invincible.  I did nothing but pvp, had around 500 hks, and exactly 1 death.  The chopiness really made my night, normally I die once or twice per bg, but last night no one could touch me.  I could kite people to death in just slightly more than melee range.

Was fun for a night, glad they patched it this morning (or late last night after I logged of perhaps).

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 01:07:38 PM

Dude, just get a map if you're lost.  I always liked WC because of the story and the final quest.  It spoke to my inner tree hugger.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 01:14:33 PM

Dude, just get a map if you're lost.  I always liked WC because of the story and the final quest.  It spoke to my inner tree hugger.

That's funny, because this spoke to the min/maxer in me.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 03:39:55 PM

That's funny, because this spoke to the min/maxer in me.
Yeah, that's what my warlock wants out of WC.  That thing has some sick stats... for a level 24 item.  That's the only reason I'll bother grouping instances... Phat Lewts.  It certainly isn't the absolutely crappy exp.

Alkiera

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 07:58:21 PM

I dont know about anyone else's server but since 1.9 AV has been completely broken on mine.  Literally from 7pm PST on it is as bad if not worse then the lag in the cities at launch in AO.

If I dont get exaulted this weekend because this stupid shit is still broken I'm just not re-subbing because I'm not going to suffer another fucking week (weekday AV's on my server = alliance get rolled within 1hr every time because 12+ people are just farming) of the worst "pvp system" I've ever had the displeasure of participating in.

Sorry, it was post here or actually go to the WoW general forum, and I've heard that place gives you brain cancer.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Rasix

Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 08:05:11 PM

I dont know about anyone else's server but since 1.9 AV has been completely broken on mine.  Literally from 7pm PST on it is as bad if not worse then the lag in the cities at launch in AO.

Worked on mine over the weekend, but AV is rarely up and I spent most of the time fishing anyways. ><

-Rasix
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 09:47:07 PM

I'm talking about this week, since the Tuesday downtime, I forget when 1.9 actually went live.  It was fine for me on the weekend as well.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Rasix

Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 09:52:07 PM

I'm talking about this week, since the Tuesday downtime, I forget when 1.9 actually went live.  It was fine for me on the weekend as well.

edit: reading comprehension ftw.  AV hasn't been up on my server since last week.  Being on a podunk server, my reality is rarely that of others.  Horde is small enough on my server that when AV is up only one AB is running if any.  WSG never happens but on holidays. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 10:04:03 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 10:34:17 PM

Wasn't there just a patch to stop the skipping? Huzzah!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 05:38:17 AM

Wasn't there just a patch to stop the skipping? Huzzah!

Yep, and it worked. 

Oh, and my queue was back up again.  Coincidence?  I think not.
Sunbury
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 02:22:29 PM

Four of us went in there a few weeks ago. That place is an absoloute fucking mess. After doing the rest of the place over an hour or two, we got lost on the way to trying to find the last boss up top, could not for the life of us figure out how to get there. What a fucking mess that place is. I'm never going in there again. Fuck endless caves.

lol, never play AC1 then.  Instances in WoW seem like postage stamps compared to some AC1 dungeons.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.9.0 to 1.9.1 Patch  
Jump to: