Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:14:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Any experience with Endurance from Fitness yet? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any experience with Endurance from Fitness yet?  (Read 2940 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: May 19, 2004, 07:02:52 AM

Hello my name is XT and im a Storm/Energy Defender and I'm an Endurance addict.

I'm debating my next 2 power choices.  I want to pick up Freezing Rain and Energy Torrent (for my only AoE damage), but at the same time right now Im such a freaking endurance hog I'm wondering if it would be better to grab Swift at 18 and Endurance at 20 and get the others later.  While the former two power will certainly be useful, I dont feel like I have to take them now.  I am looking forward to the Snow Storm plus Freezing Rain double whammy when teaming with AoR Blasters :)

Does anyone have the passive power Endurance yet?  And if so, is it worth it a lower levels?  Since your end total never chances, Im hoping that is Yes.

Xilren

PS Got pissed off this morning dying b/c i got one shotted while resting. Ran out of end in the middle of hit squad battle and had to fly to the top of building to recover.  Damn flying clock I didn't see chased me and zapped my resting ass for 280.  And yes, chalk up another counter on the "mission that grant temp powers also have hit squads".

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 07:42:43 AM

You need 2 powers from fitness to have access to Stamina regen (if you don't yet have swift I assume you don't yet have hurdle and health?)

So based on my guess of where you are I'd suggest...

18 : Freezing Rain
20 : Swift
22 : Health
24 : Stamina
26 : Tornado
28 : Thunderclap
30 : Energy Torrent

EDIT to elaborate:

Freezing rain is great to stack with snow storm, at least as much for it's debuffs as it's slow - I almost never use one without the other.

Stamina, high level people seem to rave about it (though to the extent it'll probably get nerfed).

Tornado, the description sounds like a fantastic power to use when it looks like the group is being overwhelmed.

Thunderclap, I was initially disappointed with this one, but using it selectively when been zerged by minions I'm starting to find it handy to followup with when freezing rain wears off.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 11:18:19 AM

I really need to stop making new characters every few days and focus on one, heh. All advanced power debates are beyond me as my highest guy, Cosmic, is 16th, from fighting with DD and Aslan like two weeks ago :P
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 02:54:22 PM

I played a storm defender up to 35 in beta and if there is one tip of advice I can give other stormers is this.

DO NOT GET TORNADO unless they change the power or unless you simply feel you must get all storm powers. It is at this time worse than useless it will work hard to train and kill you and your entire group if you use it on mobs who can actually hurt you.

Kaid
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 03:33:22 PM

I cant say about the End Regen from the fitness pool, but I have a regen scrapper, and I got End Regen at lvl 8.

Oh. My. God.

This made what was a pain in the ass character back in to a fun character.

I would run out of end after one yellow and one white con. Now I take take about three times that number before I run out of end. Also, I fully regenerate VERY fast.

Right now I have it 3 slotted with end rechargers, training.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Any experience with Endurance from Fitness yet?  
Jump to: