Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:02:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: User Interface Mods 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: User Interface Mods  (Read 3820 times)
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

on: January 09, 2006, 05:47:07 AM

So, I see that there are a couple of user interface mods out there (ThorUI and ExtremeUI were the two I saw at http://www.eq2interface.com), but I have some questions because the EQ2 Interface site sucks. Has anyone used either of these? If so, how badly do they trash the original interface once installed? Is it possible to specify interface features to use and not use every aspect of the interfaces? Any additional thoughts on them that you can provide are most appreciated. I don't really like to update an interface mod every time a game is patched so if I can live without them, I will simply do so or modify the interface myself if I become that hellbent on some particular feature. I haven't felt the need for some additional interface options yet, but I'm still a low level so that may change in the near future. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 05:54:16 AM

I looked at them back when and they look OK but they don't really add anything thats not already in the standard interface in some form.  What I am saying is that they are 99% graphical modifications, very little utility there.  Of course things may have changed in the intervening months.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 05:56:35 AM

Here's the only really useful one I saw - an auto updating EQ2MAP thing. Uploaded here so you don't have to deal with those motherfuckers at OGaming.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 06:03:59 AM

Yep, like Schild said the map updater is the only thing you really need. I find the standard ui to have more than enough customization within it already to suit my needs. From font size, icon size, chat tabs, chat windows, etc...

Make sure to get the auto-updating map though, you'll wonder how you played the game without it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 06:05:42 AM

Make sure to get the auto-updating map though, you'll wonder how you played the game without it.

I hadn't tried it yet. But I am now. And holy hell do I agree. This thing is the shiznit.

/ogamingstillsucksballs
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 07:45:49 AM

I think I use the map mod, a mod to make all the bags much smaller, and a tradeskill mod that lets me just hit enter and escape to start/stop crafting.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 07:51:12 AM

a 75% size bag mod is pretty much also required in my mind. I really liked the Fetish mod. EQ2Interfaces is a great place to learn more.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 12:04:32 PM

I think I use the map mod, a mod to make all the bags much smaller, and a tradeskill mod that lets me just hit enter and escape to start/stop crafting.

OMG I love you Miasma.  Thanks!!!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 05:13:37 PM

I am completely modded out and I couldn't live without them.  All of them.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 05:40:05 PM

Is there a damage identifier mod?

To let me know my damage stats post str/agi/weapons etc.?  So I can compare.

Yes, I'm a dirty min-maxer.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 05:42:53 PM

Is there a damage identifier mod?

To let me know my damage stats post str/agi/weapons etc.?  So I can compare.

Yes, I'm a dirty min-maxer.

We are curious as to how dual wielding damage is calculated.  Anyone want to enlighten us?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 06:59:53 PM

For dual wield, supposedly both hands are independent for autoattacking based upon their own delay. I have never seen any data that translates the DR into actual damage. Once again supposedly, if you add the DRs for your duel wielding setup and compare to your 2H option, you should go with the higher number. However, that ignores procs. Procs are based on the weapon delay - slower weapons have a greater chance to proc each swing.

For combat arts that act like procs (berserkers, e.g.), a slow weapon is huge since the the low delay also increases the chance of the combat art procs. However, CA procs are not triggered by the offhand in dual wield set-ups so if you have proccing CAs, put the slowest weapon in your primary hand when dual wielding.

For my 49 beserker, the Archons Great Flail (FABLED, DR ~55, delay 3.8 seconds, level 40) > dual wielding SBD+SSOY (LEGENDARY, DR 30 each, delay 1.5 and 1.2, level 42 and 45) because my AE attacks proc more than twice as often with the flail. In multiple mobs encounters, that means a huge DPS variance.

In one set of parses on the EQ2 forums, the Royal Great Flail (= Archons + a 200hp weapon proc) is just a smidge > dual wielding tier 6 imbued cobalt leaflblades (the slowest dual wielding option.) The RGF sells for 15-20p on my server, Permafrost. It can drop from some reasonably doable level 54epicX4 encounters in the old world that can be taken down with 8-12 people depending on how many level 60s are involved.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 07:03:09 PM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 05:45:53 AM

I thought they upped procs on dual wield in order to bring them in line with 2-handers. That was maybe 2-3 patches ago. At the same time they upped the damage ratings of most dual wield weapons.

From my understanding Damage Rating is supposed to equate to Damage/Second of your auto-attack. So, for dual wield add both weapons together to compare to a one-hander or 2-hander.

Also consider the speed of your combat abilities. Before te combat update the melee abilities used to all have about a 2 second cast time. This made the 2.1 delay weapons perfect for getting an attack in-between each combat ability. Now with how fast combat abilities fire the lower delay weapons work just as well in that regard.

Also, for a swashbuckler once you hit 50 you will always want the fastest weapons possible as we get a 100% proc we can use every 3 minutes. I think a few other classes may have something similar.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 05:55:06 AM by UD_Delt »
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 07:42:56 AM

My comments and the parese I cited are post dual wield proc changes. It was worse before.

I have never played WoW.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 01:54:24 PM

For my 49 beserker, the Archons Great Flail (FABLED, DR ~55, delay 3.8 seconds, level 40) > dual wielding SBD+SSOY (LEGENDARY, DR 30 each, delay 1.5 and 1.2, level 42 and 45) because my AE attacks proc more than twice as often with the flail. In multiple mobs encounters, that means a huge DPS variance.

Are you saying the proc occurs more than 2.5 (=3.8/1.5) times more often in the 2-hand setup than the dualwield setup? 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: User Interface Mods  
Jump to: