Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:25:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: FIREMYST GULLY, 1/6 Midnight EST 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIREMYST GULLY, 1/6 Midnight EST  (Read 11681 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: January 05, 2006, 10:10:42 PM

We are looking to do Firemyst gully Friday, 1/6 @ midnight EST.  Level req is around 15, and it takes the scythe quest (easy) to accomplish.  Anyone on Steamfont is welcome!  Talk to Schild or myself for more information.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 10:55:41 PM

Oooh can I come?

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 03:39:52 AM

Firemyst Gully was nasty to me.  I crashed zoning to it and couldn't log into my character for AGES afterwards.  It's a trap.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 05:36:32 AM

We are looking to do Firemyst gully Friday, 1/6 @ midnight EST.  Level req is around 15, and it takes the scythe quest (easy) to accomplish.  Anyone on Steamfont is welcome!  Talk to Schild or myself for more information.

how long does it  take?
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 05:38:46 AM

Couple hours. I just hit 21 tonight about 45 minutes after hitting 20. I don't know how but I'm kinda blowing through the game. I think /played has just over 3 days on it.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 05:41:53 AM

Ya, my guy is like 1/2 a level to 15 then I could do this with you all.  Reason I asked about the time was that I work tomorrow morning.

Small price to pay!
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 06:10:03 AM

While I wouldn't be that level in time anyhow, I just wanted to let y'all know I won't be on again until Sunday or Monday. Have a fun weekend!

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 06:55:50 AM

that last boss is ridiculous.  Bring healers since it becomes a mosh pit
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 07:31:48 AM

Hmm, depending on what happens tonight (i.e. if I get home before midnight and am not TOO trashed) maybe I'll log in Teucer and mentor down...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 07:33:56 AM

Hmm, depending on what happens tonight (i.e. if I get home before midnight and am not TOO trashed) maybe I'll log in Teucer and mentor down...

Yessssss.... come play with us Murgos... you know you want to!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 10:25:17 AM

Only one person needs the Scythe Quest complete for the group to enter. Kill everything in the zone that isn't grey before you take on the boss or you will get swarmed.

I have never played WoW.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 11:42:33 AM

Couple hours. I just hit 21 tonight about 45 minutes after hitting 20. I don't know how but I'm kinda blowing through the game. I think /played has just over 3 days on it.

Wow... In DAoC I could get 1-50 in about 2 days played and I thought that was a bit grindy.  I guess if the PvE here is more entertaining, it will be a much better trip.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 11:58:15 AM

Wow... In DAoC I could get 1-50 in about 2 days played and I thought that was a bit grindy.  I guess if the PvE here is more entertaining, it will be a much better trip.

Heh, I think in DAoC it would take me weeks of /played to hit 50.  Whereas my friend could do it in somewhat close to the time frame you described, however, it probably still felt like weeks due to the bland nature of the PVE in DAoC.  1-30 in WoW is about 3 days played if you don't navel gaze a lot.  Sounds like EQ2's doing something right.

-Rasix
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 12:31:58 PM

Heh, I think in DAoC it would take me weeks of /played to hit 50.  Whereas my friend could do it in somewhat close to the time frame you described, however, it probably still felt like weeks due to the bland nature of the PVE in DAoC.  1-30 in WoW is about 3 days played if you don't navel gaze a lot.  Sounds like EQ2's doing something right.

I recently started WoW, and got from 1-17 in about 25 hours /played.  And being my first horde char, I don't know any of the quests or whatnot, tho I admittedly got some semi-useful equipment around level 11 from a friend who convinced me to actually start playing.  Not that I think I really needed it, as a warlock most of the damage is absorbed by my pet demon.  Anyway, I have to agree that EQ2 is pretty good as far as expgrind goes.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 10:27:39 PM

Cheddar, just take group invis off your bar altogether. It's trouble.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 10:34:44 PM

You said you were ready.  Does not matter we had a group wipe, and that 8 hour timer is BS.  Blah.

schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 10:37:24 PM

Does not matter we had a group wipe

So I heard. Due to group invis. /irony evil
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 10:46:32 PM

Does not matter we had a group wipe

So I heard. Due to group invis. /irony evil

Heh true that.  We need voice comm before ever attempting something like that again.  I was extremely frustrated due to no communication and being lost (mentally).  I just did not show it;  I did slip a skeleton 1 silver to kill someone.  I will not say whom.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 11:03:52 PM

I think I finished a quest, but it's just confusing.  The whole thing really.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #19 on: January 07, 2006, 03:58:42 PM

I was reading this thread, and I thought of the awesome time we had in Firemyst Gully:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=combat&message.id=38365&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

schild
Administrator

Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 04:03:14 PM

Hehe.

"You log on"

Indeed. But then, I use death to travel.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #21 on: January 07, 2006, 10:25:36 PM

You know that is the quickest form of travel.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #22 on: January 08, 2006, 05:45:01 AM

Absoltuely.  And nominal, especially if you have a wand of forgiveness.

schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: January 08, 2006, 06:46:01 AM

Absoltuely.  And nominal, especially if you have a wand of forgiveness.

You get something like .8-.9% debt for a death. That's an even level heroic kill. A SINGLE even level heroic kill. I'd rather get another 12 slot bag. That wand shit is an inventory waster. For some reason I can't just bring myself to destroy it. It's comforting to know it's there.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006, 07:10:34 AM

I haven't used mine either as I've found it's extremely easy to run away from a fight when it's not going well.  I do like having my wand, though, just in case I get more clumsy than usual.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 08, 2006, 12:03:34 PM

Signe, you going monk with that brawler?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #26 on: January 08, 2006, 12:19:13 PM

Signe, you going monk with that brawler?

She has 3 months until she hits 20.  Lots of time to decide!

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 08, 2006, 12:56:36 PM

huh?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #28 on: January 08, 2006, 07:46:45 PM

huh?

3 Months ago she was level 15.  I did some quick estimates and figure it will be around 3 months before she needs to decide a class.  It was a lame attempt at humor.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 09, 2006, 05:23:34 AM

She's just waiting for me to catch up. Her unmatched psychic powers told her I would be joining the fold in the new year.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #30 on: January 10, 2006, 05:16:36 PM

Sorry, I've not been on for days.  I've contracted a mysterious illness (and no, it's not clymidia) and can hardly tolerate looking at my computer screen for more than a short time.    :-(  Today is the almost the first time in three days I've been up and walking about.  I'll be back in shortly... I've probably misses all the good xmas pressies. 

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #31 on: January 10, 2006, 05:19:54 PM

Sorry, I've not been on for days.  I've contracted a mysterious illness (and no, it's not clymidia) and can hardly tolerate looking at my computer screen for more than a short time.    :-(  Today is the almost the first time in three days I've been up and walking about.  I'll be back in shortly... I've probably misses all the good xmas pressies. 

Considering that Halloween thingies are still in game I think you still have a chance for more x-mas love.   Hello Kitty

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #32 on: January 11, 2006, 07:35:36 AM

Considering that Halloween thingies are still in game I think you still have a chance for more x-mas love.   Hello Kitty
JINGLE BELLS HAS TO GO ASAP

It's driving me fucking nuts.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 11, 2006, 07:58:24 AM

JINGLE BELLS HAS TO GO ASAP

It's driving me fucking nuts.

God yes.

Considering the quality of the music elsewhere, when I'm in town, I want to murder elves.

Well, moresoe then usual.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #34 on: January 11, 2006, 10:28:46 AM

I like Jingle Bells.  I know nearly all the words.  I just can't figure out that bit that sounds like "bells on pop pop tails ring".  I don't know what that means but I sing it anyway. 

What I mean is:  You could just turn the music off and listen to your brand new Xmas IPod instead.

Dumbasses.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: FIREMYST GULLY, 1/6 Midnight EST  
Jump to: