Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:19:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006)  (Read 83985 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #245 on: July 24, 2007, 07:07:18 AM

I agree about the Paladin and Guardian. Especially the Guardian, if you're not going to group alot, skip him. SK roxxorz.

I'm also on Oasis, in Bat Country.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #246 on: July 24, 2007, 07:46:23 AM

I have leveled my guardian to 61.  Its a tough road.  Pickup groups are scare these days. A Guardian who is not Main Tank is a Tourist.

Berserkers are slightly worse tanks and have much better damage. Not that same solo power of SK, but beserker can still MT if that is important.

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #247 on: July 24, 2007, 07:49:59 AM

I agree about the Paladin and Guardian. Especially the Guardian, if you're not going to group alot, skip him. SK roxxorz.

I'm also on Oasis, in Bat Country.

Oh good.  I'll let you join up my character.  She is a rat girl named Stabarella.  When I get sick of the new-ish evil area, I'll do the betrayal thingy if I must.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #248 on: July 24, 2007, 08:44:41 AM

So we're going to be a dozen shadowknights, taken to a remote island base and trained in commando tactics to carry out brilliant and daring missions for Bayle in return for forgiveness for our misdeeds?

I settled on Fetish Nightfall and EQ2MAP for interface mods. I'm still up in the air about characters. I made a shadowknight drow called Malaprop and its more fun right from the offset than guardian, but then the race and name seemed more suited to a wizard, so I rerolled him. I'll probably make an ogre or ratboy shadowknight - seem to be limited to the 'pure evil' races if you want to start in not-Freeport.

Looking at the character creation screen, I think the fairy boys have a little Captain in them.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #249 on: July 25, 2007, 05:09:17 AM

I shit the bed and accidentally joined Antonia Bayle.  Everyone said it was the best (and by everyone I mean two random internet dudes) but AB is full of the douchiest Arr Peers in all the land.  I've never been so talked down to in my life for merely having the nerve to say "hey guy, want to group?"  Now I'm armed with "Hail," "Aye," and "Well met" macros.  I feel like I'm starting to fit in.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: July 25, 2007, 06:45:33 AM

Seriously, you're pissed that people expected you to rp on the rp server?
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #251 on: July 25, 2007, 06:50:21 AM

In EQ2, you don't need to go to an rp server to get a way from the jackasses, most of them have long since left.  In the same way Jupiter protects Earth.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:22:49 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: July 25, 2007, 07:14:35 AM

I shit the bed and accidentally joined Antonia Bayle.  Everyone said it was the best (and by everyone I mean two random internet dudes) but AB is full of the douchiest Arr Peers in all the land.  I've never been so talked down to in my life for merely having the nerve to say "hey guy, want to group?"  Now I'm armed with "Hail," "Aye," and "Well met" macros.  I feel like I'm starting to fit in.

"Hail dusematic, bow before our greatness!"
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: July 25, 2007, 07:42:06 AM

If the level of RP on AB is too much for you, you must be pretty hateful on RPers because there's virtually no RP on the server other than a few specialized guilds.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #254 on: July 25, 2007, 07:43:46 AM

Is there anything keeping good and evil toons from grouping and such on Oasis?
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #255 on: July 25, 2007, 07:47:08 AM

Other than the guards. no. And the Guards are only an issue in the 20 something zone. Good and evil can be in the same guild as well.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: July 25, 2007, 07:58:16 AM

Is there anything keeping good and evil toons from grouping and such on Oasis?

No, just a few occasions where you have to look out for guards.  I think it's just parts of BB, TS or Antonica if your evil, nek and darklight if you are good and, of course, the cities.  Though I walked my assassin around Greater Feydark and Felwithe without too much hassle and have made ventures into Qeynos on occasion for quests and played in Thundering Steppes and Antonica routinely while leveling so even that isn't really more than a minor annoyance.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #257 on: July 25, 2007, 07:59:32 AM

Its hard for new players from opposite sides to meet up.  The run between nek doc and commonlands can be tough for low level players.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #258 on: July 25, 2007, 08:12:10 AM

What is "low level?"
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: July 25, 2007, 08:12:18 AM

Its hard for new players from opposite sides to meet up.  The run between nek doc and commonlands can be tough for low level players.

Yeah, the Griffon towers in Nek would be hard for someone in their teens to activate.  Of course, with Darklight and GFay you can level to 20 pretty easily.  I see pretty much no reason to try and group in Commonlands.  Frankly it's the least interesting and least well put together zone for the 10-20 set out of them all.

Darklight takes you to 20 in about 4 and a half hours just running the quest time line.  I assume GFay is similar as the run up to 10 is a snap but I haven't tried it past 10.  I've started a couple of humans and half-elves just by doing the newb isle and then running straight to Darklight from freeport and skipping CL altogether.  I would also stay away from Fallen Gate, and do Stormhold in Antonica instead if you really want to group in the low 20's.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: July 25, 2007, 09:08:17 AM

No, just a few occasions where you have to look out for guards.  I think it's just parts of BB, TS or Antonica if your evil, nek and darklight if you are good and, of course, the cities.  Though I walked my assassin around Greater Feydark and Felwithe without too much hassle and have made ventures into Qeynos on occasion for quests and played in Thundering Steppes and Antonica routinely while leveling so even that isn't really more than a minor annoyance.
I ran my Erudite wizard through Nektulos, doing many of the quests there. No big deal. Even went to the Ruined Knowledge Portal in Longshadow Alley in Freeport, which is RIDICULOUS for a newbie quest (Erudite newbie quest).

My SK has done a little in TS, but I've mostly stopped trying to quest there as I clean up some lvl 22 stuff (mostly Nek) before it greens out.

Yes, I'm playing again as of last night. I love this game (mostly). Still kinda bummed out by Harclave's, made it 90% of the way to the and and got wiped out by a group of yellow ^ Heroics. In a solo instance. After a couple hours of the instance. rolleyes That's one of the things I hope is fixed by that instance change upcoming: that I can just go back in and start at that group of yellows rather than waste another couple hours to get rolled over again.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: July 25, 2007, 10:13:44 AM

Supposedly some of the instances will allow you to pick them up again after you have left but I don't know what all the rules for that will be.  Harclaves, as I recall, locks you out if you die so I am not sure that mechanism is going to change.  Will be interesting to find out though as I never did finish Harclaves.  I kept getting killed at the same point.

Send me a /tell in game if you need help with a quest or something (posted the names of my characters above), I'll gladly mentor down to lend a hand.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #262 on: July 25, 2007, 10:23:14 AM

Had a hard time with my Paladin in Harclave's, even with the buff I just couldn't last long enough to make it through.  With the Ranger, it takes 6-10 minutes from start to finish.

Having the attuned Stone that teleports you to Lower Tunnels (with a quick click to TS from there) makes it worth buying an invis totem or 4 and finishing Harclave's the fast way if you aren't a stealth/invis class already.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: July 25, 2007, 10:56:06 AM

Had a hard time with my Paladin in Harclave's, even with the buff I just couldn't last long enough to make it through.  With the Ranger, it takes 6-10 minutes from start to finish.

Having the attuned Stone that teleports you to Lower Tunnels (with a quick click to TS from there) makes it worth buying an invis totem or 4 and finishing Harclave's the fast way if you aren't a stealth/invis class already.

If it still works the other "trick" (maybe bug) is that you can mentor someone before zoning into any of the solo zones in Splitpaw. Once you zone in then unmentor and you can green or grey out the zone.

You can actually do that for any instance there not just the solo ones.

IE... I'm 35 but invite a level 25 to group. I mentor the 25 and zone into Harclave. Harclave gets set as a level 25 zone. I unmentor and now I can breeze through.
Drifting DarkAngel
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: July 25, 2007, 10:59:58 AM

recently resubbed to eq2, is the bat country guild still alive?
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #265 on: July 25, 2007, 11:01:27 AM

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #266 on: July 25, 2007, 11:19:50 AM

Bat Country is sort of alive.  My characters are in, Midden, Gunda and Staberella (who I'm playing now), Sky is still playing and in but I forget his names, same with Shirley Bob, and I just added Righ's character, Smegolas.  Everyone is able to invite.  There are more in the guild but I'm pretty sure most are not playing... well, the ones left after I booted everyone because I was in a mood last year.  I only looked at members active in the last two weeks.

Drifting DarkAngel
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: July 25, 2007, 11:21:49 AM

well im gonna roll a char there tonight probly..  anyone gonna be on tonight that can invite?  Head scratch
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: July 25, 2007, 11:46:29 AM

well, the ones left after I booted everyone because I was in a mood last year. 
So...you finally admit it! I told you not to eat grunk's brain. You kept blaming it on poor Lt. Dan. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you did.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: July 25, 2007, 11:46:47 AM

well im gonna roll a char there tonight probly..  anyone gonna be on tonight that can invite?  Head scratch
Aaand...who are you?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #270 on: July 25, 2007, 12:32:09 PM

What do you have?  Some kind of fucking bionic memory or something?  Sheesh. 

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #271 on: July 25, 2007, 12:34:04 PM

Those of us caught in the swath may forgive, but we'll never forget.
Drifting DarkAngel
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: July 25, 2007, 12:36:24 PM

eh nobody, just looking for, as someone said before, a group of ... articulate gamers to game with?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #273 on: July 25, 2007, 12:47:03 PM

eh nobody, just looking for, as someone said before, a group of ... articulate gamers to game with?

Just give a shout if you see Staberella or Smegolas on.  I don't remember Sky's names, like I said.  And don't listen to those guys up there.  I have a kind disposition and good manners and I'm pretty sure Lt.Dan must have tricked me.  He's a sly one, that Lt.Dan.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: July 25, 2007, 01:56:22 PM

DDA: that's cool. I mostly solo, so I don't know how much those guys group up. My only reservation is that you're pretty new, so maybe we should withhold bank and invite rights for a while, eh? I've "known" most of these knuckleheads for years. That's kinda scary.

Just watch out for Signe, she's a zombie. She can't help it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #275 on: July 25, 2007, 02:14:16 PM

URFACEISAZOMBIE.

I primarily solo, too, although when we were all playing (you guys remember that week or so) we used to group for some stuff.  It would probably take 3 seconds to get Cheddar to re-sub.  Hal maybe, too.  They're good groupers.

Don't listen to anything Sky says.  He's a well known pervert and degenerate.  Really.  I saw it YouTube.  I don't lie.  I will leave it up to him to give you permissions.  He'll probably make you rub his smelly feet first.

schild
Administrator

Reply #276 on: July 25, 2007, 05:15:40 PM

I want to play this game with Signe. Add me to your buddy list signe.

My name is Ailes. I think.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: July 26, 2007, 02:45:48 AM

I tried talking to Signe but she never responded.  I feel ignored by a forum celebrity.  Cry
Drifting DarkAngel
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: July 26, 2007, 06:41:39 AM

DDA: that's cool. I mostly solo, so I don't know how much those guys group up. My only reservation is that you're pretty new, so maybe we should withhold bank and invite rights for a while, eh? I've "known" most of these knuckleheads for years. That's kinda scary.

Just watch out for Signe, she's a zombie. She can't help it.

what no bank rights !  Tantrum  I'll be on tonight. Who else?!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: July 26, 2007, 07:20:51 AM

Don't listen to anything Sky says.  He's a well known pervert and degenerate.  Really.  I saw it YouTube.  I don't lie. 
i'm in ur utubes playin ur guitar hero

I should really update that profile with something decent
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006)  
Jump to: