Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006)  (Read 83990 times)
Blackluck
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: June 12, 2007, 06:24:08 AM

Anyhow, anyone recommend a good melee DPS?  Reading the zerker board has me frightened as they seem to be mostly tanks, poor soloers, and using either a 2h or likely a 1h and shield.  I just wanted to maul stuff with double axes, not use a damn shield.  A nice DPS healer would be also cool. 

Edit: Heh, mainly I just want a really good soloer.  And hopefully something that isn't too fragile.  Group utility is nice, but I mostly solo (I play later at night).   It's really weird going into a DIKU like this and just being overwhelmed.

Long time F13 Lurker; been playing EQ2 on/off for three years (best MMO available IMO.)

My main is a 70 'Zerker; at later levels, they can solo fairly well, but are heavily gear dependant. The 'must have' AA ability is the stamina line, which requires a buckler. Of the fighters, bruisers/monks probably are the best soloers, with SK's right up there. Brigand is also a good choice, plus they get stealth, evac and tracking, all of which help a great deal with soloing. Just be sure to keep up on your poisons :)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: June 12, 2007, 06:26:33 AM

Melee soloer you say?  Well, listen up then because that's the path I've been down.  So far I have tried Bruiser, Assassin, Brigand, Swashbuckler, Shadowknight and Paladin.

Shadowknight rocks for soloing and grouping.  Wanted as tank and does good dps.  Life taps are awesome, whenever you get a master II choice you better be making it a lifetap or your gimping yourself.  Most of the launch BS about Paladins and SK's not being good tanks has been done away with.  So far one of the best at killing heroics (a 15^^^ at 18 was close but doable) I've played.  Killing heroics is important to me because that means you can do dungeon content at a reasonable level.  Doesn't get an invis but does eventually get feign death (35 I think?) which is obviously invaluable for soloing.  Oh, and SK's get a couple of effective PBAoE's, which, along with the lifetap damage shield means groups of blue non heroics go down like grains of wheat to a scythe.  SK is probably the best all around solo class I've tried.  My Sk is 18.

Paladin is great in a group but dead tedious as a soloer.  Slow and steady, if you fight something that has lifetaps be prepared to be there a while as you trade hit points around.  No invis, no feign, does have a lot of AoE's, even more that the SK and gets several procs vs undead.  YMMV.  My Pally is 25.

Bruiser is very good at soloing also and from what I have read on the boards gets ever better as time goes on, big avoidance means you don't take much damage against no heroic even cons and yellows (though I am having a tough time against mobs with lifetaps) and was also the best at killing green^^^ so far (probably due to very high DPS and that he just doesn't get hit by green stuff very often).   I understand that bruisers are acceptible tanks for most things but they have a stigma so it may be tough getting groups when there are options available for other classes.  My bruiser is 22 and has been the fastest to level without a doubt.

So, now for the scouts.

I like the scout playstyle most of all I've tried so far because of high damage and invis.  Brigands a swashs are two sides of the same coin.  Brigands are a little better against single mobs I think, just due to the way their special attacks work and that they get several stuns, swashes may be better against groups as they get two AoE's and a mes.  Both are welcome in groups for DPS and that they get group invis and evac.  My brigand is 17 and my swash didn't make it past 8 as just being to similar to the brig and I was more comfortable playing around freeport, neriak and the commonlands.  I have more confidence taking the brig up against yellow and orange con non-heroics than any other class I've played and also for fighting even con^ and ^^ ups (haven't tried the 15^^^ I've been testing everyone against, maybe I'll do that tonight).  The brigs mitigation is higher than the Bruisers and his avoidance is almost as high with a shield equipped.  I've heard of people using a brigand for a tank in groups (they get taunts).

The assassin is less effective than the Brig in every way.  Not as effective against single mobs due to not having a lot of stuns and not effective at all against heroics.  The assassins AOE's are only from stealth so, good luck with that.  But, that said, I play the assassin pretty much every night.  Go figure.  The assassin is 32.

I've never tried a guardian, berserker or any of the bards and have only played a wizzie up to 13 and a fury up to 10 before losing interest.  Someone else will have to help you there.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #212 on: June 12, 2007, 08:58:58 AM

Bat Country is dead.  Sky went on summer vacation and I have been migrating to a small guild called Cursed Crusaders.
Yep. I'll be around next Octoberish, but I don't group much and I'll never be high level. BC is more a social thing and resource sharing than a 'serious' guild. Which is perfectly fine by me!

My latest 'main' is an SK, level 31. Solid solo ability, since it's all I do. Can get a bit troublesome without solid gear, I have mostly non-rare imbued crafted armor (he's an armorcrafter) with a couple quest pieces that need updating (The 20AQ kinda screws you with a heroic encounter for the chest piece). Using a rare and imbued crafted sword. My gear has always sucked, because good gear is for groupers, apparently. I can usually craft better stuff. Without crafting, my SK would blow chunks.

Murgos is right on with the taps, though. I've got the one lifetap/dmg shield spell for my Master II right now, plus I've pumped AA into it and all other tap effects on my main spells. It really makes a huge difference, though the heroic stuff can still get really difficult quickly. Feign hasn't worked for shit for me, I almost never use it, though I was pumping my AA into that when I quit for the summer.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #213 on: June 12, 2007, 09:23:04 AM

I've been playing on Nagafen, which is a whole new wide world for me as far as EQ2 is concerned.

I will say this though, and that is you have to have pretty tough skin to level past the level lockers that are doing low level ganking. It's insanely prevalent at lower levels. Once you get into the higher tiers, it starts being less of a problem.

I win fights against scout classes simply by outliving them. With over 1k HP at level 18, they can't outdamage me. Having a horse helps, too. Being able to knockback and cause double vision on targets is also fun.

I'm currently rolling around with a Fury, a Shadowknight, and an Assassin.

Furies are e-mazing on the PvP server. Tier 2 DPS, and more then serviceable heals. Assassin is alright, although I wished he was a Brigand.

Shadowknight is easymode harm touch PK go.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #214 on: June 13, 2007, 10:45:07 AM

Oasis chars: Rasix - SK 8, Vindal - Inq 11, Rasi - Zerker 9 (going to delete for space if necessary)
Unrest chars: Rasix - Brawler 3 (just made to see if Nija was on)

Inquisitor is OK, it looks like you can make a pretty mean melee, point blank nuker priest. SK looks pretty damn cool so far but where the hell are my drains?  :-D

And thanks for the DCOM tip, Murgos.  I've only had one lock up since and that's where my video card seized up and gave me a BSOD choking to death on Neriak's s scenery.  Man, this game still has a ways to go in regards to performance.  I've had to make it ugly(ier).

-Rasix
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: June 13, 2007, 12:08:14 PM

Happy to help.

Have you tried turning off shadows?  I can play at MUCH higher model detail and quality with shadows off (pretty much maxed settings with an x1950 pro).

Simple shadows are to be patched in 'soon' so you shouldn't have to play too long without them.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #216 on: June 14, 2007, 09:04:36 AM

If any of you guys need a guild on Oasis, I can vouch that the Cursed Crusaders are a small, pleasant, helpful guild. 

"Me am play gods"
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #217 on: June 14, 2007, 10:11:02 AM

Good to know.  I waved at you in Klakanon the other night, and would have responded to your LFM later on if I hadn't gotten a support call.  Saw last night that Fabled was 60 now, so my stacks of status items would just go to waste there.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: June 14, 2007, 10:14:04 AM

GU36 scares me.  Hopefully rangers don't get nerfed too bad, that would bum me out.  It could work out well, though.  It'll be nice to not be restricted to daggers to keep the INT aa line useful, and I'll probably switch to Alchemy if I ever decide to grind crafting.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: June 14, 2007, 10:44:54 AM

Alchemy is easily one of the best crafting professions.  Not only your scout spells, but potions seriously rock.  Very underused, but make a massive difference when you are grouping or soloing.  Potions are your best friends when you learn how to use them effectively.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: June 14, 2007, 01:19:26 PM

I thought scout spells were under Jewelry.  Or did that change?

I remember because it made Jewelry seem like a must have for a scout.  Half your item slots AND all your spells in one trade skill?  No brainer that one.

edit:  Also, big changes coming for crafting coming: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=366825
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 01:33:20 PM by Murgos »

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: June 14, 2007, 02:05:45 PM

Shit, your right, fighter spells rather....regardless, alchemy is still sweet.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #222 on: June 28, 2007, 02:26:52 AM

Sadly, not even dark fae could keep me interested in this game.  It's slow and not exciting.

Back to DATH'REMAR I go.  My dwarf hunter HARGUK is still having a blast, and my coworker is now trying out a bizarre paladin/engineer combo that could prove interesting. 

Most fun so far:  solo-taming a RFK armored boar (the brown one, not the over-tamed black one).  Made it in, used a lesser invis potion, got insanely lucky and hearthed right the fuck out.  Much love.  He's my most favorite pet ever.

Anyway, farewell EQ2. 

Dear WOW:  Please steal collections.  They were cool.  And take a look at provisioner.  WOW cooking needs more variety.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: July 09, 2007, 06:53:45 AM

The assassin is less effective than the Brig in every way.  Not as effective against single mobs due to not having a lot of stuns and not effective at all against heroics.  The assassins AOE's are only from stealth so, good luck with that.  But, that said, I play the assassin pretty much every night.  Go figure.  The assassin is 32.

I've played the assassin up to 44 now.  Soloing is much easier now, improvements really started to be noticable around 38.  Yellow con non-heroics are not a problem and green^^^ nameds are doable.  Still has a problem with groups of mobs because all the AoE's have to be done from stealth.  The damage the assassin does is very dependent on procs though so it's pretty bursty but the proc rate is high enough to not be an issue.

Pretty much haven't played any of my other toons and just been focusing on the assassin so I have no clue if the Brig would have been able to keep up or even out pace the assassin but I'm having enough fun not to worry about 'optimal' progression.  Brigs also get a 100% chance feign death that with a maxxed AA line is usable once a minute.  I'm pretty sure that even monk FD isn't that effective.

schild
Administrator

Reply #224 on: July 22, 2007, 09:22:49 PM

Reinstalling, starting a new toon. Will check other toons for moneyz and love. What's the easiest class to solo with?
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #225 on: July 22, 2007, 09:33:40 PM

Conj/Necro

"Me am play gods"
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #226 on: July 23, 2007, 01:06:06 AM

Reinstalling, starting a new toon. Will check other toons for moneyz and love. What's the easiest class to solo with?

Night elf huntress.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: July 23, 2007, 04:25:33 AM

With how much starting cash? Right out of the box I would say Swash, Monk, Brigand or Bruiser if you have no money and no gear. Those classes can get by fine on quest gear and mostly app. 1's - app 4's.

If you can afford to at least buy adept 3 pets then conj/necro would be easier. But since they are so dependent on the pet if you don't have an upgraded pet things will suck.

Also, if you have the fae expansion start an Arasai. Darklight woods is much love when it comes to newbie quests and gear. Just do every quest you can find and you'll find yourself at level 20 and decently geared (other than skill upgrades.)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: July 23, 2007, 07:24:05 AM

I've had no trouble soloing green and blue heroics with my conjuror and an App IV tank pet. (Which are dirt cheap right now.) That's pretty fast levelling, but honestly I'm finding the class one dimension and dull both solo and in group. It's good for working of stress though.

I think the most fun I've had soloing was with a bruiser or swash. My swash is only like 20 or something, but she's been one of the most diverse and fun classes I've ever tried.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #229 on: July 23, 2007, 07:28:37 AM

You can start other races there, can't you? I'm pretty sure that's where I started an Iksar bruiser.

Those little faerie characters just bother me!

So far I've liked my shadowknight best for soloing. I've played SK and Wizard to about 30. Paladin, Ranger, Illusionist to 20ish. Wizard is actually not too bad, either, though you will die more often. Root/nuke ftw, but more downtime, the SK was pretty smooth hunting. The paladin is solid but slow as hell, ranger is fun but vulnerable, illusionist was great.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #230 on: July 23, 2007, 08:43:34 AM

Since Righ has good proper gaming kit now, he's giving this and some other crap a go.  I might start a new character, maybe a fairy to bother every one so if we chat on TS expect a very high squeaky annoying voice.  There might be some sort of flapping in the background.  That would be my wings, that would.  Possibly an emo rat now that we can do the betrayal quest any time. 

It made me misty eyed that schild decided to return to MMORPG gaming on my un-birthday.  Expect thousands of strange beta test invites in many different languages, Eric.   Heart

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: July 23, 2007, 08:50:50 AM

For soloing past level 30 or so I highly recommend getting some totems to help you out.  They last about 30 minutes and grant a substantial boost to either health or power regen.  Downtime is low with good food and drink but with a totem effect it is nonexistent even into the 50's.  You can usually get them for a handful of silver off the bazaar.  Also, there are effect specific totems to help out in for certain issues, like needing an invis or underwater breathing or run speed boost.  The totem of the Monkey is awesome simply because turning into a cheeky little monkey that dances and makes monkey noises never gets old.

Someone in my guild soloed a 34^^^ at lvl 30 yesterday with a Fury, which is pretty ridiculous.  Heals, nukes, travel, utility etc... Furies are pretty good at everything and so I have to give them the nod as to most soloable.  Add in that they are healers with great group buffs and so they are always welcome in groups too.

Wizards are great soloers as are Necros and at higher levels I am given to understand that illusionists can solo some things/areas that no one else can.  I, personally, find finger-waggler play pretty boring though.  Of the scouts I hear that Swashbucklers are the most soloable, followed closely by brigands (Both classes get Feign Death now which along with invis means they have ridiculous survivability).  Monks and bruisers always are always put near the top of the list for soloing.  Every class can solo though so if one plays more to your style then go with that one.

schild
Administrator

Reply #232 on: July 23, 2007, 08:53:58 AM

I've, uhm, never played a finger waggler in an MMOG really. I always play the rogue/archer class.

This will be my first foray into waggling. Illusionist or Necro starting in Neriak is where I'm leaning.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: July 23, 2007, 09:05:42 AM

I've, uhm, never played a finger waggler in an MMOG really. I always play the rogue/archer class.

This will be my first foray into waggling. Illusionist or Necro starting in Neriak is where I'm leaning.

Then you're playing a necro if you want to start in Neriak. Coercer is the evil illusionist and I was never able to get into the whole charm thing personally. I much prefer a persistant pet. Although for those that get good at them supposedly Coercers are awesome solo'ers as well.
schild
Administrator

Reply #234 on: July 23, 2007, 01:43:01 PM

My name is Ailes. She is a fairy thing with black and silver stuff and I did it for the no-falling damage. She is a necromancer and I will not roleplay. I am on Oasis. I have mailed myself a giant sack of cash.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: July 23, 2007, 02:09:43 PM

I have a lvl 11 Necro named Murgos there.  I'll log him in when I get home.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: July 23, 2007, 02:32:56 PM

Are you guys on the same server or spread out all over the place?  I'm strongly considering a re-sub and would prefer to go someplace where I'd have at least a small chance to chat with someone both articulate and familiar.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #237 on: July 23, 2007, 02:34:42 PM

My name is Ailes. She is a fairy thing with black and silver stuff and I did it for the no-falling damage. She is a necromancer and I will not roleplay. I am on Oasis. I have mailed myself a giant sack of cash.

But I love it when you act all dainty and girlish!  I'm a rat named Staberella on Oasis.  I can't be arsed to mail myself anything.  I still have chars in Bat Country.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: July 23, 2007, 02:55:47 PM

Are you guys on the same server or spread out all over the place?  I'm strongly considering a re-sub and would prefer to go someplace where I'd have at least a small chance to chat with someone both articulate and familiar.

We are spread out all over the place on the Oasis server, if that answers your question.

edit: lol spelling
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:07:26 PM by Sauced »
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #239 on: July 23, 2007, 03:57:47 PM

I created a guardian called Righ. The interface is annoying me, and I'm not sure that guardian is a thrill a minute. I think I'm going to go in search of UI mods then probably create some other character.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #240 on: July 23, 2007, 04:00:55 PM

I could not live without my mods and EQ2Map.

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: July 23, 2007, 04:17:03 PM

I'm on Oasis as well.
Cadwin 21 necro
Pathei 20 SK
Mathos 14 fury
Ixion 8 dirge
schild
Administrator

Reply #242 on: July 23, 2007, 10:17:50 PM

Can someone email me the EQ2map installer? (schild@f13.net). I don't want to sign up just to download that. I'll attach it to a thread if someone would be so kind... .:P

Stickied and attached EQ2Map in a new thread.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 10:48:02 PM by schild »
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: July 24, 2007, 04:13:31 AM

I created a guardian called Righ. The interface is annoying me, and I'm not sure that guardian is a thrill a minute. I think I'm going to go in search of UI mods then probably create some other character.

Oof... Skip the guardian. If you must play a plate tank type class go SK first and Bersker second. If you ever plan on soloing the guardian and paladin strategy is to attempt to bore the mob to death.

The only time I would suggest a Guardian is if you're going to have a steady trio of the Guard, a Templar/Inq, and a DPS class.

By the way the Inquisitor is getting better and better as I play it. I'm up to 34 now and have 24 AA's which means I can fully spec down the EoF battle priest line. It basically turns a lot of your spells into combat arts which means MUCH faster cast time and no more interupts.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: July 24, 2007, 06:56:44 AM

I will second that Paladins are the suxxorz for soloing.

Characters I may be using at any one time on Oasis are:
Reshe 52 Assassin
Teucer 25 Paladin
Religion 23 Bruiser
Cassa 21 Brigand
Murgos 13 Necro

I also have a wizard which I started last night and is probably going to be rerolled for a different race named Fisz.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006)  
Jump to: