Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Blaster enhancement spec questions. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blaster enhancement spec questions.  (Read 2211 times)
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

on: May 18, 2004, 06:25:53 AM

I'm currently running two blasters on Victory.  The first is an energy/energy blaster (level 10 atm) for solo play.  My plan is to focus on recharge reduction and damage enhancement.  Roll up on a group of 2-3 mobs and blow them away from a Hover before they can take advantage of my low HPs.  

The second (just 2nd level atm) blaster is Ice/Ice, and is intended for group play.  This blaster will focus on +Hold Duration (for the Ice slow effect and roots) and Endurance Reduction (for longer group fights), with some +Accuracy (for consistency).   The plan here is to for consisent, moderate damage with the helpful slow and root side-effects that will help a group wear down baddies without earning me aggro.  

Any advice with these?  As far as I can tell my plan is sound through level 10 or so, but past there is not my realm.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 07:30:27 AM

At higer levels you will be fairly ineffective without some accuracy added in there. The fastest way to move up is by fighting things a good bit over your levels within a group. Longevity in a fight is a good thing but dont downplay damage. The faster you kill it the less recovery time will be needed. Also within the group you will be assisted so longevity isnt the prime concern. Killing as fast and efficently as possible is.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 09:35:30 AM

I play an energy/energy blaster that works decently in a group. I just need to avoid my big knockback attacks when the melee folks are having a go at the mob (which I don't ALWAYS do, but I try!).

DD is right- accuracy is going to need a slot on your big powers at least. I spend too much time missing as it is even with DO enhancements.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 02:56:14 PM

On a related note, how do you spend your your enhancement slots when it comes to distributing them among powers?

I currently have on my Energy/Elec blaster (currently level 17):

Primary:
PowerBlast 5 (Damage, Damage, Range, Accuracy, Accuracy)
EnergyTorrent 5 (Damage, Accuracy, Knockback, Range, Endurance reduce)
SniperBlast 5 (damage, damage, Range, Accuracy, Endurance Reduce)
Power Burst 3 (damage, damage, accuracy)

Secondary
Electric fence 1 (damaga)
Lightning Field 1 (damage)
Buildup 1 (To Hit Buff)

Pools
Flight: Hover 2 (deffence, Deffence)
Flight: Fly 2 (Speed, Endurance reduce)
Speed: Hasten 1 (Recharge time)

Just wondering, am I loading out my primary powers too much?  Should i throw a slot or two into Hasten or Buildup?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Blaster enhancement spec questions.  
Jump to: