Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:43:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Seriously, who comes up with these mechanics? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seriously, who comes up with these mechanics?  (Read 3295 times)
schild
Administrator

on: December 28, 2005, 04:20:59 AM

So, there are veteran rewards and preorder stuff. You go into the game and /claim them. I want to delete my original character. He serves no purpose, I've pillaged his coin. But if I delete him I can't /claim the stuff for my new character? I mean shit, comeon! All those items are no-trade, no-destroy, lore items anyway. Seriously. What? Are you worried about the exclusiveness of them? I mean what the fuck was the reasoning behind this?

Wouldn't it have been a lot smarter to just make it "Only one active per account at any given time."

Oh, and now since they forgot to flag Queen Heather Graham's statue as no-trade/lore, I have it sitting in my shared mail box but can't remove it. Same with Coral coins/amulet things. Awesome. Shared bank decreased by two spots and one of them is by the disembodied voice of Heather Graham.

Shoot me now.

Oh, other than that, I'm enjoying the game. Just finished the goblin christmas quest. That was kickass. I have some screenies. Whoever wrote the dialog deserves props - specifically the person who wrote the filler on the ballots. Also, that instance is farmable, but maybe that's a feature, not a bug.

Edit: And in case it wasn't clear, this is a thread to post flabbergasting mechanics in - the shit that makes you tilt your head and say "wtf, mate?"
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 05:51:07 AM

Yeah, the rewards things being limited to the avatar you /claim them with is pure stupid.  It's fucking with people just to be fucking with them.  Sure flagging stuff to be 'account only' might take some extra effort and debugging trading the items between characters might be a minor pain in the ass but giving people rewards and then throwing them the dick by not allowing them to give the rewards to the character they actually play is the kind of small minded evil we have come to know and respect from Verant/SOE.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 07:13:11 AM

How many characters do you have?

All of the Veteran rewards can be /claimed on up to 3 characters. Veteran rewards being the exp potions, field repair kits, reforming stone, 8 slot bag, and fireworks.

The expansion stuff (Ring of T'haen and Mysterious shard) can be claimed on ALL characters.

The only thing I know of that might only be single char was the first painting you got and if you're on an EQ account the old EQ server title.

I also have not had a problem transferring the status items (relics, amulets and such) using the shared bank or email. I might be thinking of a different type of item though.

Don't forget you can also put bags/boxes in the shared bank. I have 112 shared slots on my account (4x28 slot boxes).

Edit: Math is hard
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 08:52:02 AM by UD_Delt »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 08:30:09 AM

I'd like to be able to move my jboot from character to character. Except they totally suck and if I could fart ingame it'd give me more of a speed boost via air pressure gusting from my anus.

I don't think I got the old EQ server title...

28 slot boxes!?! Holy crap.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 10:28:20 AM

Bah.

You seem to forget that not too long ago the death penalty for a group wipe was greater than the death penalty if you died soloing.  NOW that was game mechanic at its best in EQ2  rolleyes

Given that history - one would hope that any decision by EQ2, no matter now ridiculous, should not surprise.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 11:55:59 AM

Ah, I forgot about the shared death penalty. What a great concept.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 12:11:08 PM

Ughh... Yeah the shared death penatly. What a horrible idea that was. EQ2 was actually the first game I kept a written down do-not-group-with list.

I'm still not even sure why they continue to bother with the token death penalty that's in place now. It seems like it only takes about 2 kills to get past the penalty any more. Probably about time to just remove it entirely and consider the blow to your equipment penalty enough.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 12:34:43 PM

Or, you know, the whole hassle of dying.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 12:58:59 PM

Speaking of dying, SOE seems to have stealth fixed the "teleport across Feerrott by death" option. I died in Feerrott and could only respawn at the zone in side. I was in the middle of the zone when I bit it.

I have never played WoW.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 01:21:02 PM

I got to all the griffon towers in Antonica by dying and warping to the close spots. Now, I travel quickly and efficiently.

Surely there's a better way to travel than death.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 08:33:43 PM

Ughh... Yeah the shared death penatly. What a horrible idea that was. EQ2 was actually the first game I kept a written down do-not-group-with list.

lol.

The irony was delicious  - I mean if you thought "LFG" was a problem in EQ, EQ2 brought it to a whole new level there for awhile.  The shared death penalty lead to "Fuck you stranger".

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Seriously, who comes up with these mechanics?  
Jump to: