Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Related Downloads  |  Topic: Ultima 5: Lazarus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ultima 5: Lazarus  (Read 7125 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: December 23, 2005, 08:23:49 AM

Ultima V: Lazarus is an exceedingly ambitious project that will greatly improve the graphics and sound in the PC version of Ultima V. However, that's not all. Rather than releasing an "upgrade patch" as happened with U4, what we're doing is a true from-the-ground-up remake of the gaming classic, Ultima V.

It will be built in the Dungeon Siege 3D RPG engine, which you can learn more about at DUNGEONSIEGE.COM and it will have brand new graphics, CD-quality orchestral music (including re-mastered versions of the original U5 music plus some new pieces), improved and expanded dialogue, and a much more "alive" design for the Underworld, amongst other improvements.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

THE BEAUTIFUL DUNGEON SIEGE 3D ENGINE

ALL CD-QUALITY MUSIC, INCLUDING RE-MASTERED VERSIONS OF THE ORIGINAL ULTIMA V SONGS AND A VARIETY OF NEW PIECES.

3D-RENDERED INTRODUCTION, CUTSCENE, AND ENDGAME GRAPHICS.

NEW CHARACTERS.

NEW SIDE QUESTS.

DEEPER, RICHER PLOT.

ENHANCED DIALOGUE.

IMPROVED AND EXPANDED TOWN AND DUNGEON MAPS.

A MUCH MORE "ALIVE" DESIGN FOR THE UNDERWORLD.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PENTIUM CLASS 300MHz

64 MB RAM SYSTEM MEMORY

175MB FREE HARD DRIVE SPACE

3D ACCELERATION

ULTIMA V:WARRIORS OF DESTINY*

DUNGEON SIEGE (SEPARATE GAME)

LEGALITIES

Ultima V: Lazarus is being produced completely nonprofit by a group of avid Ultima fans who call themselves "Team Lazarus." Lazarus will be available for users who own a copy of Gas-Powered Games' Dungeon Siege**, the engine we're modding.

Dungeon Siege will be required because Lazarus is a Siegelet for it and we do not own the rights to the Dungeon Siege engine.

Although we have not been prohibited from creating this project, we have thus far been unable to acquire written permission for Lazarus due to the continually changing senior staff at OSI. We are proceeding with our efforts in good faith that--because of the non-profit and non-damaging nature of our project (in addition to our positive intentions toward Origin, EA, and Ultima in general)--EA will refrain from shutting us down. The sole purpose of our project is to gain a working knowledge of game development through experience, not to turn a profit.

** Dungeon Siege is developed by Gas-Powered Games (GPG).

Ultima® & Lord British® are Registered Trademarks of Origin Systems, Inc. & Richard Garriott.

Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny © 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990 Origin Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Dungeon Siege © 2002 Gas-Powered Games. All Rights Reserved.

Ultima V: Lazarus is a fan-built recreation for Ultima V and is not affiliated in any way with Origin Systems, Inc. or Gas-Powered Games.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 11:46:47 AM

Thanks, Mr. Eye. I forgot to download it over the weekend and I get great speeds from f13.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Related Downloads  |  Topic: Ultima 5: Lazarus  
Jump to: