Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: The Newbie Trial of the Isle: An EQII Newbie Writeup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Newbie Trial of the Isle: An EQII Newbie Writeup  (Read 74272 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #70 on: December 29, 2005, 09:40:24 AM

Bring Back Guk, Bitches!
DevilsAdvocate
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: December 29, 2005, 06:09:23 PM

* EQ1 at one time, but was never fully supported, and got yanked not too long after a long delayed port

Actually, last time I looked at http://www.eqmac.com, the EQ server for the Mac (Al'Kabor) was still up and running and there was still people playing it. The biggest guilds on the server are still debating whether or not to wake the Sleeper.

I stopped playing and paying for the game when WoW came out, though.
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 31, 2005, 04:24:45 PM

My first impressions after trying to TRY the trial with a couple friends are that SOE either should fix their registration or clean up their EQ2 forum handles. It seems highly unlikely that nicks such as Ballebongasdf12344321asdf and the likes already are taken.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 09, 2006, 01:18:28 PM

* EQ1 at one time, but was never fully supported, and got yanked not too long after a long delayed port

Actually, last time I looked at http://www.eqmac.com, the EQ server for the Mac (Al'Kabor) was still up and running and there was still people playing it. The biggest guilds on the server are still debating whether or not to wake the Sleeper.

I stopped playing and paying for the game when WoW came out, though.

I thought there was a bug that prevented them from waking the sleeper. A bug that they don't have anyone on staff to fix. (I understand the game has not been patched in like 2 years now).

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #74 on: January 10, 2006, 03:09:49 AM

Do they even get expansions?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
DevilsAdvocate
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: January 19, 2006, 11:13:15 PM

According to those forums, the sole coder/programmer for the server left SoE in August of last year and they haven't had one since.

Somehow the players there continue to convince themselves that playing that game is fun.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #76 on: January 20, 2006, 08:10:23 AM

So does Apple's announcement about using Intel chipsets mean that Mac people can play with Windows people or does it just mean faster Macs? Assuming only the latter, this would be a good time to bruch off the Mac marketing team at SOE. There cannot be that many MMOGs for Macs.

I have never played WoW.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: January 20, 2006, 08:31:31 AM

Well, except the 800 million ton gorilla.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #78 on: January 20, 2006, 09:16:39 AM

I'm betting on slower macs.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #79 on: January 20, 2006, 10:16:54 AM

WoW for Macs? Did not know that.

I have never played WoW.
schild
Administrator

Reply #80 on: January 20, 2006, 10:19:58 AM

Every Blizzard game, afaik comes with Mac binaries. I think Diablo 2 was the last one that had both a mac and windows variant. Or maybe it was diablo 1. Anyway, hybrid discs ftw.
DevilsAdvocate
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: January 20, 2006, 06:32:41 PM

Lol, it's right on the box you bought. Did you even buy a box? Hmm, hmm!

The only SoE MMO for Mac is EQ 1. Vendetta works pretty good on my Mac. Minions of Mirth played OK. Dofus worked very well.

That's pretty much it as far as I have seen. I had hoped SWG was going to be on the Mac, but perhaps fortuitously it never came to be.

Someone asked if the Mac version of EQ got any more expansions since it was released. The answer is: No. The last expansion the Mac got was Planes of Power and it was part of the initial release. For awhile, the top guild in the game had major flagging and keying issues, but most of those were fixed by the sole programmer before his departure.
schild
Administrator

Reply #82 on: January 20, 2006, 08:02:21 PM

Dofus isn't even a real game. I mean, it is. But everything i so weee tiny on my screen. It's Shockwave/flash, so it'll work on anything with a modern web browser.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #83 on: January 22, 2006, 01:33:42 PM

Jeez, I posted a list of Mac MMOGs in another thread, and yet people keep bleating the same tosh in every other place, like its interesting to pick the few Mac MMORPGs out repeatedly one or two games per comment. Search is your friend. This thread is about EQ2, which isn't on MacOS or XBox 360 or PSP.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 02, 2006, 12:14:10 PM

EQ1 for the Mac is a free download from Sony now btw.

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: February 03, 2006, 07:09:58 AM

It's anathema to think of Mac users in EQ doing such tasks as:

/location

/follow

/assist

and so on... tongue

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: February 03, 2006, 08:12:02 AM

Is that a command line slight? For the last six years, the mac has been more command-line friendly than Windows, ya know.
WayAbvPar

Reply #87 on: February 03, 2006, 09:40:39 AM

And now you can right click!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 03, 2006, 10:14:25 AM

Been able to right click for as long as I've used macs. Just don't use their crappy first party mice. Apple bashing is so lame.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #89 on: February 03, 2006, 10:20:46 AM

Is that a command line slight? For the last six years, the mac has been more command-line friendly than Windows, ya know.

I've used OS X's command line.  Lies.  All lies.  :(

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: The Newbie Trial of the Isle: An EQII Newbie Writeup  
Jump to: