Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:31:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Can't stop screwing with things, can you Yoko? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can't stop screwing with things, can you Yoko?  (Read 909 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: December 16, 2005, 04:44:51 PM

Quote from: Reuters
Talking John Lennon doll coming soon

Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:25 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Imagine this: a talking John Lennon doll.

The Web site for the National Entertainment Collectibles Association (http://www.necaonline.com) has unveiled pictures of a new John Lennon action figure that is expected to arrive in stores in the spring.

The 18-inch doll, dubbed "The New York Years" John Lennon, will utter "authentic" phrases used by Lennon, according to the Web site.

A spokesman for Lennon's wife, Yoko Ono, could not be reached for comment, nor could officials for National Entertainment Collectibles.

A picture of the figurine, patterned after the former peace activist, appears on the association's Web site next to a bloody figurine and a picture from slasher flick "The Devil's Rejects," a movie about serial killers.

As a solo artist, Lennon wrote songs like "Imagine," which asked listeners to consider a world with "nothing to kill or die for." His hits with the Beatles included "All You Need is Love."

Earlier this month, Lennon fans gathered around the world to remember him on the 25th anniversary of his death. He was shot and killed in 1980, at age 40, outside his New York apartment.

Ono marked the occasion by laying a bouquet of white peonies on the "Imagine" mosaic in New York's Central Park and blowing kisses to the crowd, which numbered around 200.

No word yet on what quotes will be included, but I'm guessing "Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity." isn't going to make the cut.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 09:34:09 AM

If it was realistic, it would say things like "STFU, Yoko!", "Never sing again, Yoko." and "Owww! Quit fucking shooting me!".

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 08:48:37 AM

It should say "Imagine no possessions."

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 08:54:43 AM

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Can't stop screwing with things, can you Yoko?  
Jump to: