Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:47:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: "Attention Students, please try to refrain from thumbing anuses." 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Attention Students, please try to refrain from thumbing anuses."  (Read 2535 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: December 16, 2005, 04:35:33 PM

Quote from: Ashland Daily Tidings
Books closed on Phoenix High sexual ‘horseplay’

December 15, 2005

By Paris Achen
For the Tidings

The Jackson County District Attorney’s Office has declined to file charges in a case in which a Phoenix High School student claimed a fellow student sexually abused him Oct. 21 inside the school’s weight room.

The victim complained to Ben Bergreen, superintendent of the Phoenix-Talent School District, that the student pushed his thumb into the victim’s anus through clothing.

Bergreen reported the incident Nov. 11 to the Phoenix Police Department, spurring an investigation that involved interviews with about 40 students, said Chief Bob Kershaw.

“Initially when it came to us it sounded like something sexual was involved,” Kershaw said. “What it amounted to was inappropriate horseplay in the weight room, but it was not just one incident.”

The information was forwarded to David Hoppe, deputy district attorney, for consideration.

“We declined to file charges because we couldn’t determine who had, in fact, done the harassment,” Hoppe said. “Because it happened from behind, the victim couldn’t determine who did it.”

Harassment is a misdemeanor, he said. There were at least six incidents of the practice at the school in October and November committed by about 10 students, including members of the football team, based on student interviews, Kershaw said.

“The guys on the football team didn’t see anything inappropriate about it,” Kershaw said. “They weren’t thinking about what would happen if someone was offended by it.”

Kershaw said it is up to the school administration to determine whether the students involved will be disciplined.

Principal Jani Hale said confidentiality laws prohibit her from discussing any possible disciplinary actions taken against students.

However, the school has started an effort to try to make students more aware of bullying, the consequences of it and appropriate behavior, Hale said. Hale said she also assigned a teacher’s aide to the locker room to monitor student behavior.

“After this incident, it brought a greater need to address how people treat each other,” Hale said.

Here's a tip: if someone is putting their thumb up your ass, turn around.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 04:38:17 PM

However, the school has started an effort to try to make students more aware of bullying, the consequences of it and appropriate behavior, Hale said. Hale said she also

lolz, how Ironic.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 07:21:30 AM

“The guys on the football team didn’t see anything inappropriate about it,”
Jocks scare me.

SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 07:24:23 AM

I just have to ask how long it takes you to find these little stories, Mr.Eye?

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 07:29:59 AM

I just have to ask how long it takes you to find these little stories, Mr.Eye?

Not very long. Each day brings a new bounty of uselessness.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 08:45:03 AM

Is he sure it was a thumb?

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 08:47:35 AM

Is he sure it was a thumb?

I spose for all he knew it could've been a big toe. Or worse, a toe thumb.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: "Attention Students, please try to refrain from thumbing anuses."  
Jump to: