Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:36:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: She certainly doesn't know when to quit. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: She certainly doesn't know when to quit.  (Read 842 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: December 16, 2005, 04:22:13 PM

Quote from: Courier-Mail
Thief adds mugshot camera to swag
Jasmin Lill
17dec05

A WOMAN who was being charged after she stole presents for Christmas later stole the police camera used to take her photo at the station.

Lucella Bridget Gorman, 38, of Banyo, appeared in the Brisbane Magistrate's Court yesterday where she pleaded guilty to two counts of stealing and one charge of unauthorised dealing with shop goods.

The court was told Gorman stole $134 worth of fruit and chocolate from a Herston service station in October.

Then last month, she went to a city department store and stole four Barbie dolls, toys, batteries, electronics, beauty products and earrings.

She was caught and taken to the city police station so she could be fingerprinted and photographed.

Then, when inside the Brisbane city police fingerprint room, police said Gorman stole their digital camera while an officer's back was turned.

He quickly found what was missing and retrieved it from Gorman's bag, before she was charged with another count of stealing.

All the property taken by Gorman was recovered by police, but it prompted Magistrate Alan Comans to ask her what caused her behaviour.

"I didn't have enough money for Christmas and I thought that would be an easy way of getting things," she said.

Gorman was put on a 12-month good behaviour bond and no convictions were recorded.

Mr Comans warned if she came back to court in that time, she could be re-sentenced for these charges and ordered to pay $500.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: She certainly doesn't know when to quit.  
Jump to: