Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:34:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: All things EVE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All things EVE  (Read 137306 times)
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #420 on: January 30, 2006, 10:24:52 AM

I have to say, this is close to the epitome of the casual's game.  I can log on, start training a skill, and log off, do something else, spend time with spouse, work around the house, whatever.  Have a long trip for an agent?  Set autopilot, and go out to wash the car.  Come in halfway thru washing car, say hi to agent, set destination, autopilot, go back to finish the car.

I'm typically pretty busy at work, I don't have time to sit and focus on a game for even 5-10 minutes.  But I can VNC to my home machine long enough to log in, pick the next skill to train, and log out.  Especially as a newer character, that's pretty useful, to help broaden my skill base.

I still want CCP to write Fantasy EVE...  or license the engine to someone who will.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
addryc
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: January 30, 2006, 04:05:38 PM

Heh - autopilot can get you in trouble though Alkiera - make sure and watch your route to destination - any red systems and you could be in trouble from pirates - I learnt that to my cost!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #422 on: January 31, 2006, 12:36:41 PM

Evegeek link in another thread led me to this:

http://eve-central.com/home/

The trade route finder is a very very cool idea, almost feels like cheating somehow, but free isk is free isk   cheesy

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #423 on: January 31, 2006, 01:39:40 PM

Grey area, I suppose, since I could just jump to the nearby regions, dump a text file and figure this out myself.  I won't be doing any long-haul work anyway.  I will probably be using this a bit... it's still an ass-pain for me to haul in quantity.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: January 31, 2006, 02:29:49 PM

Looks like there is no data for the Kor-Azor area in the past long time.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: January 31, 2006, 02:43:54 PM

Did you try using that tool to upload info? Of course, there could be no *good* trade routes. Though you might try the other way (say, Domain to Kor-Azor) too.

- Viin
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: January 31, 2006, 03:20:44 PM

Did you try using that tool to upload info?

Hello - that would be work....

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: January 31, 2006, 03:33:17 PM

Oh I know, but *someone* needs to try it and see if there's anything good!

- Viin
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #428 on: February 01, 2006, 12:57:28 PM

You can do half the work, get prices in two systems from the tool and compare to a manual dump from Kor-Azor.  Yeah, I know, it's work, but I am in Claulenne for the time being.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #429 on: February 05, 2006, 06:00:38 PM

Ok I'd like to learn more. 

Where can I find out about how people are setting up bases, which I presume are the equivalent of player cities?

Is there any info on 0.0, which I presume is a "wild zone", anyone can build a starbase there?

Just like to learn a bit about how certain corps are claiming areas of space and maybe the player-content-creation game.

Pretty impressed with Eve the more I learn.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #430 on: February 05, 2006, 06:25:58 PM

I am a stinking noob. Having said that, all of 0.0 is claimed by someone. Thats not to say a corp with strength couldn't but the easy way is to allay with existing forces. There are members on this board way more knowageable than I but that seems the short answer. Eve has been out for years now. Its the land of player made content and to the extent I can see it its cool and aggravating and all like that.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: February 06, 2006, 06:55:41 AM

0.0 appears to be largely empty

While all of it may have been 'claimed' by one alliance or the other theres a big difference between it being 'claimed' and 'settled'

Looking at the political map that was linked to [in this thread I hope] most of the claimed space boundaries are where the choke points are (i.e. systems with only 2 gate, one in one out) which make it much easier for the 'owners' to exert control over the space contained behind it.

Theres nothing stopping you [besides cost and time] getting your own station, wandering out to some distant 0.0 sector (usually in the very early morning when less people are on) and popping it down - the problem is that you'd need to be able to defend it from destruction by the 'owners' of the region you just built it in (which is where the plan goes horribly wrong)

Unfortunately it does seem to be the case that, if you want a slice of 0.0 action, you need to sell your soul to one of the existing alliances with some control out here (or alternatively join some new alliance which is gaining enough momentum to be able to establish itself in 0.0 soon - lots of PvP in that route before you get to play space station manager)

I've been looking at the options of joining a '0.0 alliance' for my corp - unfortunately some of them have rediculous (for my corp) membership criteria (ISS for example want 25mil joining fee, plus 25mil per month (more if you have more than 10 members) plus your own station within 2 weeks of joining (they dont appear to offer any help getting that up))
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: February 06, 2006, 06:59:59 AM

Isn't there a new sector coming soon?  Like sometime this month?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #433 on: February 06, 2006, 07:27:19 AM

Isn't there a new sector coming soon?  Like sometime this month?

There are new servers coming up, to better run the existing stuff, from what I understood.  It's to help fix some of the server-side lag and other similar issues they've been experiencing since they started growing lately.

At least, that's what I got out of the text they've had up on the launcher lately.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #434 on: February 06, 2006, 07:45:49 AM

From whore'ing it up on the eve-online forums how I understand it is there are several parts of 0.0 where you could get in and try to exist.  But those are the areas where several smaller alliances are all duking it out.  The large alliances exist because they are in a way a necessity.  Complete chaos ensues if no one faction can actually lock down the area, I think that is the situation in Curse atm for example.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: February 10, 2006, 06:01:32 AM

Sorry about last vasishing last night.  Internet connection died for some reason. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #436 on: February 10, 2006, 08:47:48 AM

I had mine die for just long enough to make me log in again.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: All things EVE  
Jump to: