Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:53:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EA cracks down on stolen gametime codes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EA cracks down on stolen gametime codes  (Read 4565 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: May 15, 2004, 02:22:38 PM

Rumor has it that EA just banned or disabled 3000 UO accounts. This is the word being told in several UO related forums. To us this comes as no surprise as we have been tracking this problem since before the turn of the year.

http://www.markeedragon.com/u/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=uonews&Number=17617&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Interesting little read I thought I'd share.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 09:18:12 AM

Other than the violence-inducingly bad grammar, and the self-righteous indignation of someone who is quite obviously a cancer on online games in general by providing the Ebay service, that article brought a smile to my face.

EA bans some thieves or people who bought game codes for what were obviously stolen prices. Yay for them.

Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 09:50:27 AM

Rumor was for a long time that someone on the "inside" at EA was stealing the codes. It's was a logical explanation. But I could never find anything to prove this. This was not what was going on though. Yes the codes were being stolen but it was via a different method that I will leave unsaid because there is no 100% solution for it yet. It's 95% under control but there is still another 5% that needs to be worked on. If it gets resolved in the future I may tell how it was done. But only if it can no longer be repeated in any form.

I gave up reading after this paragraph because I only speak English. Someone with time might translate for me.

unbannable
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 10:09:52 AM

Translation: "Sum bad people do'em bad things, mon. We stop'em most of them."

Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 10:49:24 AM

there was a lot more mathematics in the original version, and something about how this virus was only partially contained and the rest of us need to continue to pray to Marquee the Son of Mary to save us.

unbannable
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EA cracks down on stolen gametime codes  
Jump to: