Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Event on Thursday - The d20 of Many Things! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Event on Thursday - The d20 of Many Things!  (Read 16691 times)
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

on: December 06, 2005, 07:46:47 PM

Greetings Stormreach Residents!

The streets and taverns of Stormreach are abuzz with the news of a successful  expedition to the interior of Xen’drik by House Phiarlan, the elven House of  Shadow. Word has it that their journey yielded several ancient and powerful  artifcats, not the least of which is the legendary d20 of Many Things*. An  unassuming object of almost otherworldly power that the giants used in epic  games where they gambled with fate itself, the d20 was believed to have been  lost 40,000 years ago during the severing of Dal Quor, the Plane of Dreams, and  the ensuing cataclysm.

In order to celebrate their discovery, the scions of House Phiarlan have  announced that house entertainers will be demonstrating the power of the d20 to  the adventurers of Stormreach this coming Thursday, December 8th, from 8 p.m. to  10 p.m. Eastern time. The lucky adventurers that House Phiarlan “finds” in the  dungeons of Stormreach will receive great experience and wealth, as dictated by  the d20 itself.

So come on out this Thursday and see if you get lucky.

* - d20 of Many Things is not actually in game

==================================================

We will be holding a player event this Thursday, December 8th, from 8 p.m. to  10 p.m. Eastern time. During this time, Turbine admins will be logged in to the  Beta and looking for players who are adventuring in dungeons.

If we find you in a dungeon, you and everyone in your party will be given  bonus experience points, and a chance for some cool items. What kind of cool  items? Only the d20 of Many Things knows! Once we’ve found an eligible party, we  will roll a d20 (only one roll per party, please) to determine the exact  experience amount and type of items rewarded. The best rolls will come with some  kind of challenge, with bonus rewards commensurate to the difficulty of the  challenge. The die rolls and corresponding rewards are posted below.

Only players who are adventuring in a dungeon or another instanced area will  be eligible. We expect to give out approximately 200 - 300 rewards, so not  everyone will get the bonuses, many of you will! The only way to have a chance  is to be logged in and adventuring in a dungeon, so don’t be late!

Note that we expect to be giving players a LOT of experience points, in many  cases a level’s worth or more. If we need to do the character wipe before this  event, we will be giving out even more XP – enough to bring your character up to  level 5! Also, please understand that one of the goals of this event is to  stress our servers under the new Beta 3.5 build. As such, please keep in mind  that you may experience server connectivity and stability issues. If any  significant issues arise we will update the launcher and post on the forums.

We hope to see all of you there and look forward to giving out lots of XP and  loot!

Table 1-1: d20 of Many Things
1. Six good items. Defeat a kobold to make a Turbine employee dance!
2. Seven good items, with an emphasis on wondrous items.
3. Seven good items, with an emphasis on armor.
4. Seven good items, with an emphasis on weapons.
5. Nine good items.
6. Eight excellent items, with an emphasis on armor and wondrous items.
7. Eight excellent items, with an emphasis on weapons and wondrous items.
8. Eight excellent items, with an emphasis on weapons and armor.
9. Nine excellent items.
10. Eight superior items, with an emphasis on armor and wondrous items.
11. Eight superior items, with an emphasis on weapons and wondrous items.
12. Eight superior items, with an emphasis on weapons and armor.
13. Nine superior items.
14. Seven superior items, with an emphasis on wondrous items. Defeat a  challenging encounter to receive an extraordinary wondrous item.
15. Seven superior items, with an emphasis on wondrous items. Defeat a  challenging encounter to receive an extraordinary suit of armor.
16. Seven superior items, with an emphasis on weapons. Defeat a difficult  encounter to receive an extraordinary weapon.
17. Eight superior items, with an emphasis on armor and wondrous items. Defeat a  difficult encounter to receive a pair of extraordinary wondrous items.
18. Eight superior items, with an emphasis on weapons and wondrous items. Defeat  a difficult encounter to receive a pair of extraordinary suits of armor.
19. Eight superior items, with an emphasis on weapons and armor. Defeat a deadly  encounter to receive a pair of extraordinary weapons.
20. Nine superior items. Defeat a suicidal encounter to receive three extraordinary items.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 08:11:27 PM

Snazzy!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 09:11:49 PM

I have already posted this in a sekret place.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 06:30:22 AM

Is that like when girls tuck money in their bra?

They never find me in dungeons, I think they know it's me. Maybe I should have used a pseudonym!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 12:13:47 PM

Today is Thursday.  This is a reminder for PopTart.  Everyone else can just fuck right off.

schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 12:16:02 PM

Alright alright, I'll download the client.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 12:31:24 PM

Everyone else can just fuck right off.
WOOHOO!!

I should roll an elf named Buddy!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 12:53:12 PM

I guess I should delete my noncey elf named Schild.  I'll miss him and his girlish airs.   cry

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 01:39:32 PM

I see you lurking there, Cal.  I hope you're wearing your dancing shoes.

Calandryll
Developers

Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 01:45:37 PM

I never roll 1s. Ever.

Btw, what characters will you all be playing? ;)
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 01:47:51 PM

I never roll 1s. Ever.

I'll be playing a schild if it's available. If not I'll go for some wonky name. What's your characters name. I want to harass you in real time.
Calandryll
Developers

Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 01:49:01 PM

I never roll 1s. Ever.

I'll be playing a schild if it's available. If not I'll go for some wonky name. What's your characters name. I want to harass you in real time.
I'll be "+Calandryll".  The + is for admins. I'll be the one making stupid jokes in broadcast chat trying to get people to get in dungeons.
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 01:55:34 PM

I will try to get in tonight- won't get home until the event is half over  cry

Should be playing Khorak (dwarven fighter) or I might roll a n00b wizard (Antolin).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 02:05:13 PM

I'll be Helga.  I was going to play Twee but her clothing keeps falling off.   :-(  When I made her an elf, I didn't realise she would be that sort of elf!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 02:17:13 PM

If I'm able to get in, it'll be as Hamish the rogue. He of the hammy good looks. But it's maybe 50/50 on me getting the time tonight.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 02:24:25 PM

I never roll 1s. Ever.

Either Xilren, Nerlix, or possibly, Portable Battery my lvl 1 warforged wiz. :)

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Fenom
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 02:36:05 PM

I'll be Helga.  I was going to play Twee but her clothing keeps falling off.   :-(  When I made her an elf, I didn't realise she would be that sort of elf!

shocked   Waht? 

This is my Reality.  If you don't like it, let's go back to my place and do naughty things.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 04:20:18 PM

Everytime I make an elf, their clothes fall off.  I put her away when I leave the game and when I come back, she's in her underwear.  I don't understand it either. 

Fenom
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 05:25:47 PM

I am not complaining... that sounds like a good bug  tongue  And i want to give a round of applaus for the way they handled the server lag tonight .. So far so good!! Woot!  :0

This is my Reality.  If you don't like it, let's go back to my place and do naughty things.
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 07:33:20 PM

And I just missed this shit because of the time difference. Goddamnit.

Edit: BUt I'll be on til 9:30 or so uhhhh Arizona time. So mountain or whatever.
WayAbvPar

Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 08:27:38 PM

Amazingly, I remembered to log in before it ended. Cal stopped by and showered my with trinkets and (more importantly) experience. With a couple of levels under my belt, I was able to solo one of the non-n00b area quests, so it was pretty cool!

Had some wonkiness at the start screen- I created a new character (Antolin), but was unable to select him. Logged in several times as the top character on my list (Finn), but finally had to settle for Khorak. Pity- all the extra XP would have made a new wizard fun as hell to play!

Looks like guilds are working, but guild chat was not, at least not very well. I was able to use it when I first joined, but then not after that.

Lag was not too bad at all, even with a record number of log ins.

Holla if you need any of the following-
+1 scale
+1 Chain
Robe of Shield
A few wands (secret doors, magic missiles, and one other I think)

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 08:29:50 PM

I need +1 Calandryll.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 08:37:06 PM

It was good fun!  First, I have to thank Xilren for getting me through that horrendously long, many segmented, waterworks quest from the harbourmaster.  I don't think it used to be that long.   I now have my writ and can go to the marketplace!  Woo hoo!

Second, big special thanks to that Mr. Rollin' 20, Cal.  I had so much stuff, I couldn't move.  I have things with the weirdest names... +1 Greatsword of Montrous Humanoid Bane... wtf?  Got two levels, also.  I'm now a level 3 fighter/level 1 rogue.  I got tired of being killed by traps.

One thing I'm confused about... can we only have 4 feats? When I level, before I can choose a new one, I have to give back one I already have.  It doesn't matter so much if I'm trading in Cleave 1 for Cleave II, but I don't want to give up stuff like Dwarven Search and Poison Resistance.  Is this a bug or is it insanity?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: December 08, 2005, 08:37:49 PM

I need +1 Calandryll.

I saw him first.  MINE.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #24 on: December 08, 2005, 09:06:05 PM

It was good fun!  First, I have to thank Xilren for getting me through that horrendously long, many segmented, waterworks quest from the harbourmaster.  I don't think it used to be that long.   I now have my writ and can go to the marketplace!  Woo hoo!

Second, big special thanks to that Mr. Rollin' 20, Cal.  I had so much stuff, I couldn't move.  I have things with the weirdest names... +1 Greatsword of Montrous Humanoid Bane... wtf?  Got two levels, also.  I'm now a level 3 fighter/level 1 rogue.  I got tired of being killed by traps.

One thing I'm confused about... can we only have 4 feats? When I level, before I can choose a new one, I have to give back one I already have.  It doesn't matter so much if I'm trading in Cleave 1 for Cleave II, but I don't want to give up stuff like Dwarven Search and Poison Resistance.  Is this a bug or is it insanity?

Heh, i think Cal rolled us a 20 b/c he was afraid of your dancing queen agenda!

Random answers:  you can only have 4 action point upgrades active at once, Feats you can earn as you level and you keep all of those.  I expect choosing action point upgrades when you multiclass is going to be a tougher decision :)

The marketplace access quest has always been that long, I just had forgotten pieces of it. It's really about 4 in a row.

Bane weapons are love but sometimes it's tough to remember what monster types something is without inspecting it.  i.e. Mephits are Outsiders.  Cant recall what monstrous humanoirds are off the top of my head.

For my stuff, the new helmet is much less dorky than my old one, new belt of Disease Immunity and Fortification is nice, plus i traded in some of the stuff Cal gave us and got a +1 Flaming Bastard Sword of Evil Outsider Bane and a Ring of Poison Immunity.  Take that you dirty spiders!

Xilren
PS Holy Crap, Signe is level 4! Notify the press!

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 09:52:45 PM

No, I'm level 3 and 1 which I don't think makes 4.   undecided

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 10:07:45 PM

Bah, humbug.
Fenom
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 08, 2005, 10:07:57 PM

It was really lots of fun.  We rolled a 15 +2 for answering a trivia question correctly.  Unfortunately a CL 18 Delara proved too much for the band of level 3s I was with :)  Lots of fun!  Calandryll  give SIG huge huggles from me and my party!

schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 10:09:03 PM

Huggles? What?
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 10:33:40 PM

Huggles is an extreme hug.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: December 08, 2005, 11:06:47 PM

Huggles is a word I never want to see again. It makes me hurt. And bleed. From my eyes.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #31 on: December 08, 2005, 11:10:14 PM

Good. Bleed heavy. I blame you for calling me a stubby shortling.

HUGGLES

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Fenom
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 08, 2005, 11:46:22 PM

*Huggles everyone*  cept that guy bleeing from his eyes... cuz that is gross.

schild
Administrator

Reply #33 on: December 08, 2005, 11:57:20 PM

that guy

If you weren't new here, Alice.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #34 on: December 09, 2005, 05:25:31 AM

This thread has turned warm and fuzzy.  I likes it.  We should have a GROUP HUGGLES!

If I were to see the bleeding eye man irl, I would huggle him so hard he would POP!

It was good fun.  I was actually exhausted after the two hour dungeon crawl with Xilren... I think he even had to go nap afterwards.  He sure rolls around fast for a stumpy shortiling.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Event on Thursday - The d20 of Many Things!  
Jump to: