Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:04:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: MMOG News 5/13/04: E3 Redux 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMOG News 5/13/04: E3 Redux  (Read 5356 times)
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

on: May 13, 2004, 02:27:06 PM

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 02:33:50 PM

I'd like to roll for a bootlegger reverse please. And I believe 2 of my tires are blown.

You mean City of Hero's isnt the Matrix online? Dammit!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 02:44:37 PM

iEntertainment boasts a game called "Splatberry Pie" on their website. I was too cowed in fear to investigate further, but it sounds like what the developers will be eating when this game flops. Along with crow, for ever claiming to have "Internet smoothing technology." If they manage to sell that, I have some "anti-assmuncher debugging software" for sale.

Sega publishing Matrix Online. So now a developer with no experience in MMOG's is being published by a publisher with no experience in MMOG's. OY.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 02:57:48 PM

I updated the article to include some CoH news that SonicPurge and Signe linked to in other threads.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 05:29:03 PM

I know I'm putting myself at risk here by sayin' this...But the Matrix Online actually seems impressive (and no, I absolutely fucking hate the movies). I've been dogging it since Day 1, but after taking a closer look: If they deliver what they say they will, then the combat system will definitely be a step up (some non-combat stuff looks pretty cool too, like the stealther missions, hacking, the sheer size of the game world, the ability to move inside any building, etc.).
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 08:22:24 PM

Yeah, I'll second stray.  It sounds... hopeful.  It's the type of thing you could go all fanboi over, or crap over, and with about the same weight of argument.  They could just duplicate everything already done... but in a virtual virtual anime world.  They could really change how advancement and such are handled, with the fact that you can instantly learn skills (as in the movie) - or that skill advancement is placed with "available points" advancement, and you just get UO with auto-respec.

Again, too little info to know.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 11:42:39 PM

Did anyone here besides Schild sign up for beta? I was tempted but didn't.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 12:29:10 AM

I signed up mostly because it looks like an urban combat sort of MMO so I"m curious as to how it plays.  Don't really care one way or the other about the movies.  Even if the game doesn't suck I'm probably not too likely to play it come retail, but it could end up surprising me.
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 07:01:08 AM

Quote from: Riggswolfe

I wasn't even tempted, but who knows, if I hear fun things about it from people already in the beta, I might give it a shot.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 07:38:30 AM

Quote from: Riggswolfe

I sign up for every beta.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: MMOG News 5/13/04: E3 Redux  
Jump to: