Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Seer Marino (Spoiler) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seer Marino (Spoiler)  (Read 2357 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

on: November 22, 2005, 07:13:27 AM

OMFG!
This story was the dumbest ever.
a> Why are we helping the Seer again? I am a villian I don't give crap about her brother
b> A love triangle between a super villian, a low ranking villian, and zombie. WTF
c> Its the a dumb plan, you think Arachnos' right-hand gal is going bumped of like chump?
d> A blind person could see the betrayal coming.
e> Last and worst of all, even if the plan had gone perfectly and you weren't caught, it wouldn't have worked.  Arachnos isn't gonna promote you, a low level villian, to take Ghost Widow's place.  So you jepardize your place for nothing!

It's just silly.

"Me am play gods"
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 09:44:29 AM

a> Why are we helping the Seer again? I am a villian I don't give crap about her brother
Money and power.

b> A love triangle between a super villian, a low ranking villian, and zombie. WTF

Did you read it?  It's not a love triangle.  Marino's not low-ranking, she's a Fortunata and holds a lot of respect, and Wretch isn't a zombie- he's alive and could be cured if he'd let anyone do that.

c> Its the a dumb plan, you think Arachnos' right-hand gal is going bumped of like chump?

What? I didn't understand this.

d> A blind person could see the betrayal coming.

Not initially.  Only just before it's revealed that they are gonna betray you are you given hints about it.  But initially, those guys seem like they're really on your side.

e> Last and worst of all, even if the plan had gone perfectly and you weren't caught, it wouldn't have worked.  Arachnos isn't gonna promote you, a low level villian, to take Ghost Widow's place.  So you jepardize your place for nothing!

Why the hell not?  Arachnos is an organization built entirely around social Darwinism.  If you took out Ghost Widow, they would absolutely look at you and think "Damn, that guy knows what he's doing."  Remember, in-character they don't see the "level 18" marker.  Even at this level, you've already managed to impress a lot of people in Arachnos and make quite a name for yourself in the Rogue Isles.  You're an up-and-comer, why wouldn't Arachnos recruit you and give you some more training/tech to make you stronger if you've proven that you can outsmart someone like Ghost Widow?

It's just silly.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 09:47:34 AM by Llava »

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 10:35:40 AM

OMFG!
Yeah, I know! I mean, it's not like there are four other contacts who give missions at that level, or an open PvP zone with infinite side-missions, or a system where you could, I dunno, click on something under your contacts tab and get something to do...

You didn't want to accept the story, so you didn't accept the story. Surprise surprise.

--GF

"So I'm still riding Gwaihir, the giant eagle who picked me off of Saruman's tower, right? Okay! I stop by Bree, pick up Frodo, then strafe Mount Doom and drop in the ring! I mean, let's face it, Sauron doesn't have much in the way of aerial troops, the volcano's accessible from the air, and NOBODY notices the freaking GIANT EAGLES!"
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 11:52:35 AM

OMFG!
Yeah, I know! I mean, it's not like there are four other contacts who give missions at that level, or an open PvP zone with infinite side-missions, or a system where you could, I dunno, click on something under your contacts tab and get something to do...

You didn't want to accept the story, so you didn't accept the story. Surprise surprise.

--GF

"So I'm still riding Gwaihir, the giant eagle who picked me off of Saruman's tower, right? Okay! I stop by Bree, pick up Frodo, then strafe Mount Doom and drop in the ring! I mean, let's face it, Sauron doesn't have much in the way of aerial troops, the volcano's accessible from the air, and NOBODY notices the freaking GIANT EAGLES!"
Didn't know it was dumb 'till after I was half way through. I figured I'd finish just to see it through. DO at end was not too bad.  I could ignore missions but that wouldn't change anything, now would it? Just like missing an episode of West Wing doesn't mean that episode didn't happen.

Socail Darwinism:  On this mission especially, there are  mixed signals.  If Arachnos is okay with my villian's attempts to assasinate Ghost Widow, why would my villian be put on trial and marked for death by Arbitor Diaz?

"Me am play gods"
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 12:35:10 PM

Socail Darwinism:  On this mission especially, there are  mixed signals.  If Arachnos is okay with my villian's attempts to assasinate Ghost Widow, why would my villian be put on trial and marked for death by Arbitor Diaz?
Because they framed you for offing another arbiter. That's the entire point of the mission where you're supposed to 'rescue' Ohanko. Mu'Rakir has decided you need to go, so he makes the arbiter's body look like you tore it up, and Ohanko has decided that Marino needs to go, so he planted evidence to make it look like she ordered it. Neither of them know that you two are working together - when Mu'Rakir asks Marino to extract the dead Arbiter he doesn't know she'll send you, and when Ohanko blabs about how Marino's going down, he doesn't know you're her agent.

Even among Arachnos the Arbiters are inviolate, which is one of the first things Kalinda says when you hop off the chopper.

--GF
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 03:27:19 AM

Its a dumb plan

Of course it's a fricking dumb plan.

Dumb plans is what villians *do*.

If a villianous plan didn't have huge critical flaws it would be out of character and what, exactly, would be the point?

Sheesh.

You're new to this villany thing I guess. Critical flaws in evil plans is pretty much page one in the big book of 'what villians do'.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Seer Marino (Spoiler)  
Jump to: