Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:33:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Integrated Voice chat feedback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Integrated Voice chat feedback  (Read 2712 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: November 21, 2005, 11:20:24 AM

On the whole, I think it works pretty well.  Just did a lunchtime group and 3 of us used it, the others listened and typed along.  Made party directions and combat flow changes much more manageable, and didn't impact performance as far as any of us could see.  Course, also helps if you have a group of intelligent folks who can pick a leader and don't mind listening to someone give instructions.

Anyone else had a chance to try it yet?

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 11:24:36 AM

Yes, finally got it to work.  I had problems at first, but they were all on my side.  It works fine but I still hate having anything in or around my ears.  I'll probably have it hooked into my speakers and just use the mic seperately.   The only suggestion I have is that the colour green they use to indicate who is speaking be intensified.  I can hardly see the difference.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Fenom
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 11:36:10 AM

My group used it initially, but began to run into issues. First, it seems buggy if you try to enable the voice chat while already in the party. Often times at least one person will not hear the others even though we can hear them and this is not always resolved even with a relog.  The other is that since you cannot yet save keybinds you sometimes make the error of setting the keybind after entering a party which can cause the before mentioned bug.  In the end it has slowed the group formation process and we have reverted to giving those who wish to voice our ventrilo info to save time.  I do believe it will be a valuable tool if the bugs can be worked out which is asking a lot because some of this is probably user error.  The only other thing I noticed is that the voice quality is not terrific and could be overlooked if there was a way to amplify the mic further. Some people are just too quiet and I dont know anyone that has had to reduce the mic gain at all.

This is my Reality.  If you don't like it, let's go back to my place and do naughty things.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Integrated Voice chat feedback  
Jump to: