Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Bat Country guild in DDO 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country guild in DDO  (Read 5575 times)
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

on: November 18, 2005, 07:44:27 AM

Xilren was able to invite me into the guild. So that seems to be there.

Guild chat is done via /gu [text].

Played for a bit this morning (5am - 7am CST) and everything was silky smooth. Of course that means there were probably fewer than 50 people on the sever, and unless Turbine wants DDO servers looking like the populations of AC2 servers, I hope they figure out how to handle higher levels of server load.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 09:47:27 AM

Unfortunately, he wasn't able to invite my newbie character, Gunda, to the guild.  I guess he has to see me or at least be in the same area?  Anyway, more importantly... is your avatar you in your underwear?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 10:34:35 AM

I think you have to be visible to him -- as soon as he could click on me I was invited.

There's some of me in the avatar -- roughly same proportions and hairy chested, not that you really wanted that much information.

It's from the web site of a UK rugby player, Ben Cohen, who does underwear ads. Vin will be back. I just wanted something comparable to Hat's sexy new avatar, but in the male variety.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 03:44:00 PM

I miss UK underwear adverts.   cry

Xilren's Twin

Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 08:55:44 PM

Sorry SuperPopTart, when i tried to switch to Harbor2 from Harbor1, my entire computer hardlocked.  Had to power it off after trying anything and everything, and now the sucker wont boot. :(

Not an auspicious sign.

This old comp can/t run DDO so ill have to fool with my main one and try to get back up.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 09:19:03 PM

That's about how my video card died, except I was playing the Movies.  Screen locked up, rebooted, and when Windows came up my monitor turned off (no signal from the video card).   huh  Hardware death sucks.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 08:19:02 PM

/wave
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 07:56:40 AM

Hey!  It's MrHat!  Hey, MrHat!

(When I say that, I say it in the voice of that Gomez Pile guy from some incredibly old TV show.  I think he was Forrest Gumps great grandfather)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 07:58:26 AM by Signe »

Xilren's Twin

Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 09:07:58 AM

The good news is, after a weekend of frustration, i finally got my comp working again.  The bad news is, it wasn't working well enough over the weekend to keep me online to invite SuperPopTart again.  I'm 0-2.

On the plus side, it looks like they added a new Action Point enhancement for clerics that makes my lvl 1 and 2 healing spells more effective, which is nice.

Xilren

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 09:53:06 AM

Hey!  It's MrHat!  Hey, MrHat!

(When I say that, I say it in the voice of that Gomez Pile guy from some incredibly old TV show.  I think he was Forrest Gumps great grandfather)
Is that Gomer Pyle's hispanic cousin?

From the show...err...Gomer Pyle.

:-D
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 10:09:20 AM

oops.  I was close, though.  At least someone understood what I meant.

Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 10:50:37 AM

On the plus side, it looks like they added a new Action Point enhancement for clerics that makes my lvl 1 and 2 healing spells more effective, which is nice.
Xilren

Took it on my Cleric but hasn't been too noticeable. (Also have the empower healing feat.) Not sure a 20% boost for level 1 healing is all that great given healing is 1d8+1 at 1st level. Let's see...

level 1 = 1d8+1 = 2-9, with boost becomes 2.4 - 10.8
level 5 = 1d8+5 = 6-13, with boost becomes 7.2 - 15.6

May be a nice differentiator if they also offer it for the higher level healing spells.

What was best about hitting level 2 in cleric was the increase in spell points and extra spell slot.

After taking 10,000 xp to hit level 2, it takes an additional 20,000 xp to get a third level. Given how long it took to get to level 2, I am having a new respect for those folks I see running around at level 6.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 11:13:50 AM

What was best about hitting level 2 in cleric was the increase in spell points and extra spell slot.

After taking 10,000 xp to hit level 2, it takes an additional 20,000 xp to get a third level. Given how long it took to get to level 2, I am having a new respect for those folks I see running around at level 6.

You get more spell point on even levels when you dont get new spells.  And hitting level 3 is VERY nice for 2 main reasons: Bull's Strength and Hold Person.  Being able to fight with 18 Str makes soloing as a cleric a lot better, and a held foe is critically hit every time you swing at them (assuming they fail their saving throw).  Course, turnabout is fair play too  smiley

Xilren

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 12:02:34 PM

Hold Person makes my barbarian a sad panda.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Bat Country guild in DDO  
Jump to: