Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:25:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoV Link: This get looked at yet? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoV Link: This get looked at yet?  (Read 2057 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: May 12, 2004, 06:43:09 PM

Website..

http://www.cityofvillains.com/

Didn't notice this before:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=villains

*Sigh* I can't believe people are still bitching about it..The stupidity displayed in the link above kinda makes me wish it was, in fact, Open PvP.

On a side note, since this hasn't been discussed: Any opinions on the "CoH playerbase" thus far?

I'm not necessarily referring to anti-PvPers when I say this, but the CoH "community", on the boards and in-game, is the worst I've ever seen (I've never played EQ, so maybe these are the same people?). This game has attracted so many shitheads and dimwits that I'd never want to really hang out with...Yet, here I am.

So far though, it's still a pretty fun game, despite all that. Go figure.

I may be wrong: Time spent in the L2 beta seemed to be far more disenchanting. Or am I just not fit for Massive Online Gaming?
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 07:04:18 PM

Hmmm. Links to that shit are on the front page. On another note, I like the CoH playerbase. Errrrrm, I like the way I can judge them without them talking by looking at their name and char. I have broadcast turned off on most of my toons so I havent noticed idiocy otherwise.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 07:48:07 PM

Quote from: schild
I like the way I can judge them without them talking by looking at their name and char.

That is dead on.  If they have a name in CAPITALS, or couldn't get a name they want so they spelt it uber, ruiner = RU1NER or some shit like that, it throws up a warning in my head.

Also, I like to start my own groups to kick out the dumb shits.  Like this guy who was trying to preach strategy to us (he was L2 in an L8 group, was doing him a favor).  He's like, pull this, sleep this, then focus fire.  I was like, shut up dude, we're doing fine just having a blast killing whatever.  Then when we decided to use a strat, he fucking AE's the slept dudes.  Say goodbye Wang Chung.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 12:24:40 AM

It could be because I play at weird hours in a timezone where the game isn't available for retail....

But I've found to in game community in CoH to be rather better than other MMOGs.

And as others have mentioned running your own group (even the pick up sort) eliminates most of teh stupid.

The official forum is, as always, a long way beyond help. But I long ago learned that my head hurts when I look at official forums for MMOGs - so I stopped doing that.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 10:09:13 AM

Since the only people I generally play with are Bat Country, I only visit the boards to see what the devs say and not to listen to the fucking stupid, and I turned off broadcast and request the day of release, I don't have much of a problem with the player base. It seems as full of stupid as any other SUCCESSFUL MMOG.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoV Link: This get looked at yet?  
Jump to: