Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: One of new Classes is Assassin. No Details yet. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One of new Classes is Assassin. No Details yet.  (Read 10731 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

on: November 15, 2005, 07:48:44 PM

New Profession Revealed     15 November 2005

Play Magazine's third annual edition of the "Girls of Gaming" series features an exclusive on one of the new Guild Wars professions, including concept art, a bit of background, and a piece of in-game lore. Learn more about Nika, a Guild Wars Assassin, in the Play special edition, which you will find on newsstands now.
Grrr....

"Me am play gods"
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 10:48:13 PM

kek

Didn't someone say in another thread that they should put in a "stealth class" to broaden the appeal? Just wait, it'll be elves next.

- meg

p.s.

On a completely unrelated (and retardationingly stupificatord) note, the first two characters i saw when i first logged into GW - Legolas and Von Gandalf. I  Heart the internets.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 10:54:09 PM

Even if Launch-to-Stealth becomes the MMORPG version of Old Man Murray's Start-to-Crate rating system, Guild Wars was still admirable in waiting longer than most before introducing it. Sad nonetheless that they have run out of new ideas. The other class will probably involve a summonable pet of some sort... just to round things out.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 12:14:45 PM

I'd guess elf as the next new class.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:40:36 PM

GW needs a class that can fill the monks role, so monks are no longer a manditory class.
About pets, they need to make hunter's pet not suck.
Don't need an elf class, just a potion that turns you into a bikini-elf, you could work it in as part evil Alchemist's Laboratory with potions as green drops.  The mangina's will eat that shit up and you don't have to worry balance.

"Me am play gods"
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 01:32:40 PM

They also need an ugly class. Cause everyone in that game is too pretty. Even the necros. Trolls. Or maybe gummi bears.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 01:41:28 PM

Maybe Gwen. Gwen would be a fun class.

You could have powers like Annoy. or Gimmie Stuff. Or talk about my parents.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 02:46:33 PM

Maybe Gwen. Gwen would be a fun class.

You could have powers like Annoy. or Gimmie Stuff. Or talk about my parents.

Hey, HEY! You are treading on a thin line there buddy. Best non-partymember partymember evar.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 02:49:50 PM

Who's Gwen?

Anyways, I would definitely play the game if I could be ugly. I have two problems with this game, and "faggy" is one of them. The other being that I'm not a big fan of instancing, but I could probably overlook that.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 11:26:41 PM

Male mesmers have purple underwear... with tassles.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 05:06:47 PM

That's the male assassin.

Okay, it's the female.  Would be funny, though.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 03:20:06 PM

BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK

Ok, ok... they did make Diablo2, so i guess it's ok. What are the bets that she'll be able to open chests without using keys?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 03:59:01 AM

I'm struggling to imagine what a stealth class would be good for in your typical 8v8 GW battle? Anyone?

(I'm assuming this is an unimaginative retread of 'class that is mostly invisible, walks slowly, does good melee damage and has no significant defence, all in all is excellent 1v1 but less good in group v group'?)

The structure where battles don't last very long, and there is lots of running about would presumably preclude the kind of setup a stealther usually needs?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 01:50:34 PM

I'm struggling to imagine what a stealth class would be good for in your typical 8v8 GW battle? Anyone?

Yeah, I can see some use.  I never got past the 4v4 pickup arenas, but stealth in those games would be maddening.  Game runs until everyone on one team dies, so if you've got a guy who can turn invisible... these battles are going to drag on for a LONG time.  Plus, if assassins get stealth abilities, an assassin/monk sounds like it would be an absolute nightmare.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 07:29:20 PM

There is the possibility, unlikely as it now seems, that the assassin won't actually have stealth. It may operate a lot like the assassin from Diablo II and have some sort of "combo point"/"finishing move" system... more specific than the Warrior's adrenalin. Also perhaps a lot of ways to increase run speed and attack speed, but without the warrior's sturdyness (perhaps these skills would hide in class-unique abilities to avoid unbalancing the W/A). A fast, damage-heavy, defense-light melee killer... who ISN'T invisible.

All of which makes me consider the eighth class as some sort of shapeshifter, like the Diablo II druid.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 10:51:05 AM

They are trying to jump the shark with ninjas and elves?  Damn that was a lot quicker than I thought it would take.  Too bad.

Actually, I'm interested in seeing what they do.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 06:35:00 AM

Damn...no pirates!   :-D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: One of new Classes is Assassin. No Details yet.  
Jump to: