Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:33:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Beta 3.0 Publish 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beta 3.0 Publish  (Read 5722 times)
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

on: November 15, 2005, 02:06:39 PM

Scheduled for this Thursday.

http://betaforums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=2181

Note, that the integrated voice chat has not been publicly announced yet. Should be announced by next week.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 02:20:54 PM

I hear stupid people?  evil

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 02:24:46 PM

Looks good!  Kudos on the integrated voice chat, that's been long overdue in MMOGs.

I didn't see any mention there of the borked quest XP, but I'm sure that'll be fixed too, right?   wink

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Calandryll
Developers

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 02:34:23 PM

Looks good!  Kudos on the integrated voice chat, that's been long overdue in MMOGs.

I didn't see any mention there of the borked quest XP, but I'm sure that'll be fixed too, right?   wink
Yea, not in this update. We'll be fixing the quests over time, starting in the next update or the one after that. We definitely agree that the XP gain at the low level is too small though.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 02:49:10 PM by Calandryll »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 02:37:29 PM

rolleyes

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 03:18:18 PM

Don't worry, Sam... I'm sure he meant to say "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too small."  I would ask when my chat bubbles and pocket rest shrine will be included, but I'm afraid I might be pushing Cal's good nature to it's limit.  So I'll behave.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 03:26:41 PM

And 'in the next update or the one after that" is code for "two weeks ago", right?   wink  Really, just go in and add a zero to the end of the XP granted for those quests.  Or maybe two zeroes.  Nobody else will notice, they're all just running Inlet over and over anyway.   :-D

Calandryll
Developers

Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 03:42:17 PM

And 'in the next update or the one after that" is code for "two weeks ago", right?
Maybe it's the fact that my brain is fried from the aptly named "stress" test this week, but you've successfully confused me. As a reward, you get chat bubbles for your character. ;)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 03:43:09 PM

And 'in the next update or the one after that" is code for "two weeks ago", right?
Maybe it's the fact that my brain is fried from the aptly named "stress" test this week, but you've successfully confused me. As a reward, you get chat bubbles for your character. ;)

Chat bubbles? Really? You're pulling our e-legs, aren't you?
Calandryll
Developers

Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 03:46:31 PM

Chat bubbles? Really? You're pulling our e-legs, aren't you?
That was supposed to be a joke. I probably should have put that in green or something. :(
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 03:48:25 PM by Calandryll »
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 03:48:42 PM

That was supposed to be a joke. I probably should have put that in green or something.

Oh. Damn. I got excited there. I guess I'll have to go back to playing the latest Cabela hunting game.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 04:42:03 PM

I don't care what colour the chat bubbles are... green, red, purple... but I HAVE to have them or I'll die.  Really.  I will and then you'll be sorry.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Beta 3.0 Publish  
Jump to: