Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:12:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Hero and/or Villain Builders? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hero and/or Villain Builders?  (Read 2242 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: November 01, 2005, 05:27:50 PM

Anyone want to share their favorite hero builder tools?

Anyone know of any villain builders yet?

TIA.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 05:50:04 PM

I like Joe Chott's CoH Planner. It doesn't have some of the fancy number crunching modes that some of the other ones have but the expert mode actually works which makes it easier to swap powers around. People have been submitting data files for the CoV ATs to the various forums in a piecemeal fashion (I grabbed the MM one when I got into the CoV beta) but they haven't been bundled up and made available in one updated package at the above download site.
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 02:44:11 AM

I've been using this one lately : CoH / CoV Character Builder

It has support for villains as well. Touch on the flakey side, doesn't crash but sometimes behaves a bit oddly. Also, don't put too much stock in it's details on each power, the database it uses isn't 100% correct.

For character planning/slotting it works fine, it's just a few things like exact defense/resistance values that aren't correct. Also I'm not sure if it includes the ED changes and haven't really been interested enough to check.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 05:31:55 AM

Also, don't put too much stock in it's details on each power, the database it uses isn't 100% correct.

For character planning/slotting it works fine, it's just a few things like exact defense/resistance values that aren't correct. Also I'm not sure if it includes the ED changes and haven't really been interested enough to check.

Those caveats are true of Chott's planner as well, which I tend to use.  The data files are just plain text, tho, so if you see a number you know is wrong, just close the program, open the data file for that AT, and change the number.  I fixed a few things with scrapper/Invuln and scrapper/Dark Mastery when I got the i5 data files for it.  As far as ED...  just don't slot more than 3 of the same SO enhancer, and the numbers will be only a bit on the high side.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 10:19:55 AM

I got mine from here:

http://home.comcast.net/~SherkSilver/index.html

It seems to work ok for me.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Hero and/or Villain Builders?  
Jump to: