Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:46:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New Zelda says goodbye to cel-shaders 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Zelda says goodbye to cel-shaders  (Read 3305 times)
Glamdring
Terracotta Army

on: May 11, 2004, 02:24:09 PM

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=54610f14-1826-4d46-9981-8f72874aee2e&

If the gameplay is nearly as impressive as the screenshots then we'll all have at least one game to play in 2005.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 02:36:46 PM

I must admit, I saw that and was excited to see a game for Gamecube that is a must have.

Depending on what I hear about gameplay, I'll be there.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 02:50:38 PM

You know.. I really liked the art direction in Windwaker.  I don't think the game could have been pulled off in a better fashion.  It had style, and a great cartoony feel. (Didn't hurt that the game kicked ass)  

That being said, YEEE HAW.  A reason to plug in my Gamecube and Xbox at the same time (gamecube offerings have been a tad sparse lately).

-Rasix
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 08:06:01 PM

Holy... those are screenshots??  That kicks ass

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 08:18:07 AM

Screenies look great, though I still dig the cel-shading look of the last Zelda game. I've been considering buying a Cube when I have some money to blow just for the party type games like Mario Kart that my fiancee loves. If I get a Cube, I'd get this game.

daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 08:55:27 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
If I get a Cube, I'd get this game.

Only way I'm getting a cube is if they redesign their controller, this time using that ergonomics thing.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 09:32:40 AM

Woops, posted in another thread here:

The new Zelda...ecch...I don't mind playing a cartoony little guy with pointy ears and ghey green tights (much) in a cartoony little world. But a realistic little ghey elf? Erg. Not to mention if you take Link out of the screen shots, it could be any of dozens of games in the pipe or out now, but if you take Link out of a Wind Waker shot, you still know it's Wind Waker.

Thumbs down imo.
Neph
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 11:03:00 AM

Quote from: Sky
Woops, posted in another thread here:

The new Zelda...ecch...I don't mind playing a cartoony little guy with pointy ears and ghey green tights (much) in a cartoony little world. But a realistic little ghey elf? Erg. Not to mention if you take Link out of the screen shots, it could be any of dozens of games in the pipe or out now, but if you take Link out of a Wind Waker shot, you still know it's Wind Waker.

Thumbs down imo.

You obviously never played OoT and didn't see the fucking Spaceworld demo around 2000 to know that this was the original direction for the game. Plus we have only seen a little bit of the world, mainly just fighting. Right from the get-go you could tell it was Zelda game based on the music.

It's funny and kind of ironic that back when Wind Waker was being pimped to the masses, everyone was crying that it was such a travesty, but people got used to it and it turned out to be a good game. Now that Nintendo is listening to the loud majority who wanted this style, it's suddenly shit.

Make up your godamn minds.

Your nightmares are real.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 12:13:46 PM

Quote from: Neph

I haven't liked Zelda since the Super Nintendo. Wind Waker was just a lot of pussy footing around and sailing to me. If this new one plays like Ninja Gaiden, maybe - just MAYBE, it'll be worth the time to play.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 12:18:48 PM

I played OOT (it came free with WW, duh), and saw the original art direction for the game. I also applauded the cel shading for style and also for immersiveness.

You are tossing around a lot of prejudged ideas, there, Tonto, that do not apply to me whatsoever. My mind is made up in exactly the same way it was before I ever touched a Zelda game (OOT or WW).

Your tenor seems darker since we last inhabited the same forum spaces, Nephren.
Glamdring
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004, 12:19:01 PM

Quote from: schild
Quote from: Neph

I haven't liked Zelda since the Super Nintendo. Wind Waker was just a lot of pussy footing around and sailing to me. If this new one plays like Ninja Gaiden, maybe - just MAYBE, it'll be worth the time to play.

Only if the camera is less annoying.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New Zelda says goodbye to cel-shaders  
Jump to: