Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 08:46:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Stupid Irestone Inlet... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stupid Irestone Inlet...  (Read 3218 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: October 30, 2005, 01:49:50 AM

Every pickup group I've joined in the last few days was doing a steady stream of elite Irestone Inlet runs.  I like easy XP and loot as much as the next guy, but come on - this is one of the most brainless quests in the game, it's not really fun to do it five times in a row.  I'm also seeing more and more people with high-end loot, presumably farmed on these runs.

Anyone else been noticing an unpleasant trend here?  I really wouldn't mind seeing harsher XP/loot cuts for quest repeats in cases where the entire group has already done the quest multiple times.  It might cut back on some of this crap.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 01:03:05 AM

The first time I entered the game I saw people with high-end loot. It's soul-crushing. Also, people were selling it. That turned the spot where my soul once was...blacker.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 06:25:14 AM

Agreed, as I've mentioned elsewhere :).  That particular one is loot farm ground zero because 1) it 's a low level quest, thus it's entirely possible to do it on elite with relatively low level characters (like 2&3s), and 2) the sheer number of chests in it (8 captives, 2 mini bosses, 1 boss plus 1 extra), and 3) it's short if you know what to already do.  The few higher level Hazard quests i've done from the market simply don't have the chests thus, no reason to farm. I'm not sure if the "redhills" excavation quest is a Hazard zone one, but that one was much harder, longer and thus not as easily farmable despite it having a lot of chest spots too.

Perhaps the 4 times and your done for loot shouldn't recycle on hazard zones...

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 11:26:05 AM

A couple of points:

We're planning on spending a LOT of time looking for quests that may unbalance the game from either an XP or a reward standpoint. We have a pretty good system for tracking how often quests are used so we can see which quests are being utilized to farm xp/items and which ones aren't being used. Miller's quest is a good example of that.

Also, we've given out a ton of loot during the last few events. Something we more than likely won't due when the game goes live.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:21:48 PM by Calandryll »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Stupid Irestone Inlet...  
Jump to: