Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:21:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Tradeskills simplified again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tradeskills simplified again  (Read 2660 times)
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

on: October 25, 2005, 06:33:39 AM

Tradeskill exp has again been doubled for any of you considering trying out a tradeskill.

I experimented a bit w/ 2 chars.

First my level 58 alchemist. I got him to level 59 and then tracked how long it took to get to 60 (max level). Each first time combine (discovery exp) yielded just under 5%. It took 21 combines to gain the full level and just under 45 minutes.

Second my 21 Sage. Luckily I had leftover inks from my alchemist when he was leveling so most subcombines were done already. I concentrated again on the first time combines for extra exp. At level 21 I was gaining 14% exp per combine and gaining a level about every 15-20 minutes. By level 28 I was gaining about 12% exp and that's where I ran out of vitality.

Depending on the tradeskill class you pick and the number of new combines per level it should now be pretty trivial to max a tradeskill in around a month (probably around 60 hours total playtime). Classes like Sage, Alchemist, Jeweler, and Provisioner will be much easier since they have many more new combines each level than the rest which means more discovery exp.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 07:43:36 AM

But fast exp gain doesn't remove the tediousness of making 40 food and 40 drink for myself. I would have preferred the same exp rate with batch combines. This won't bring me back to tradeskilling.

I have never played WoW.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 08:54:44 AM

40 food and drink? I've been using the same stack of 20  5 hour food & 3 hour drink for like the last month.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 12:58:34 PM

Is that level 60 food/drink? My main is only a level 21 prov. Drinks last 30 minutes, maybe an hour. Maybe things have changed since I stopped crafting months ago, but the cheapest non-grey drinks for my 43 bezerker are 20s a pop and last 1hr20min. Not bad, but not 5 hours either.

I have never played WoW.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 05:22:45 AM

So they have removed the treadmill of tradeskills in the hope of increasing its appeal. 

It sounds like more effort to mimic WoW in a game where it is painfully obvious it does not fit with the original design intent.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 07:06:32 AM

Is that level 60 food/drink? My main is only a level 21 prov. Drinks last 30 minutes, maybe an hour. Maybe things have changed since I stopped crafting months ago, but the cheapest non-grey drinks for my 43 bezerker are 20s a pop and last 1hr20min. Not bad, but not 5 hours either.

There are 5 hour drinks in t2, t4, and t6. Each one of those is made at the x9 provisioner level (19,39,59). Every other tier has 3 hour 22 minute drinks. Usually the first one of those in a tier is at x5 provisioner level (25,35,45, etc...).

The easiest 3 hour drink to make is usually fruity-tea (fayberry tea, wild apple tea, etc...). Those require a tea and a fruit juice to be combined.

As far as your 43 you're probably screwed and will have to buy drinks until you get your provisioner to 45. I do agree that drinks are overly expensive if you buy from the broker and 20s actually isn't bad for a level 40 1.5 hr drink compared to Grobb where the same would go for at least 40s.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 12:19:47 PM

I paid 2g+ ea for some 5 hour drinks last night. Will see how it goes.

I have never played WoW.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Tradeskills simplified again  
Jump to: