Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:59:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Europa Universalis I & II 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Europa Universalis I & II  (Read 967 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

on: October 24, 2005, 02:40:51 PM

I managed to dig out my copies of EU I & II,  and would really like to get back into it.  I'm having various problems getting it to work on Windows XP.  The latest is that saving or trying to load a saved game crashes me.

Anyone have advice on settings/patches/what not to get it working?
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 02:53:00 PM

I managed to dig out my copies of EU I & II,  and would really like to get back into it.  I'm having various problems getting it to work on Windows XP.  The latest is that saving or trying to load a saved game crashes me.

Anyone have advice on settings/patches/what not to get it working?

Never had any of those issues...  Have you installed Paradox's patches for the game(s)?  BTW, you might as well just skip EU1 if you already have EU2.  EU2 really makes the first game completely obsolete by adding on all kinds of good stuff and absolutely nothing bad.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 03:12:19 PM

Never had any of those issues...  Have you installed Paradox's patches for the game(s)?  BTW, you might as well just skip EU1 if you already have EU2.  EU2 really makes the first game completely obsolete by adding on all kinds of good stuff and absolutely nothing bad.

I did, but I'll try reinstalling.

I know I should start with EU II,  but I really wanted to capture the nostalgia in EU before I jumped to EU II. 

I have a hankering to kick the damn Brits out of North America....  and feel guilty that I keep eyeing the lands of the Iroquoi Confederacy...
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 06:45:12 PM

Play the 1492 scenario in EU2. It's EU1, with less bugs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Europa Universalis I & II  
Jump to: