Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:59:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Welcome! Character names and playtimes.. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome! Character names and playtimes..  (Read 17025 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: October 19, 2005, 06:46:03 AM

Well, since I know some more of you fine folks got invited, make with the info.

I've gotten to the point where it's becoming tough to solo certain quests, not impossible, but still it's a little frustrating to spend 30-45 mins carefully working through one to die due to a mob swarm ambush or not having a good counter (i.e. wraiths being incorpreal and thus immune to regular weapon damage).  I like the challenge, but realizing you earned no experience (actually took a small hit from the death) and having to repeat the whole thing is taking a certain adjustment of mindset.

I tend to play maybe 30-45 mins early am or lunchtimes, plus 10pm of after EST.

Xilren lvl 1 wiz
Nerlix lvl 3 cleric

Xilren
PS Two things to keep in mind; rate of leveling is slow compared to typical mmorpgs b/c there are only 10 levels, and right now the action style of combat makes missle > melee > spellcasting...

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 08:25:13 AM

I'm obviously Haemish, a lvl 1 Rogue because I'm unoriginal and what not. I also won't be playing til next week when my new computer arrives.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 08:25:59 AM

I'm obviously Haemish, a lvl 1 Rogue because I'm unoriginal and what not. I also won't be playing til next week when my new computer arrives.

Then you break it and have to wait another week for it to get fixed.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 10:43:31 AM

Denver, lvl 1 rogue.  The bulk of my playtime will probably be after 9 PM PST.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 10:50:13 AM

Oh... I missed this thread.  Twee.  Cookie Cutter Fighter.  I don't think I'll keep this character long, however.  Fighters are just easy to suss when you first start a game.

How do I get a cape?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 03:41:53 PM

Well, despite not having a lot of playtime, I now remember why I haven't played at all. I keep getting these patcher errors, the dialog box says unknown error (thanks, heh), but the patcher in the background says error reading dat files. It's happened the last few patches that I'm aware of, I've played once since the last wipe, iirc.

So...oh well. It's alpha, no support. I'll drink some beer, that should fix it.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 03:56:35 PM

Re-install.

While drunk.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 08:52:52 AM

I'd have to download the whole thing over again. That's a lot of work for a mmorpg imo.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 09:42:57 AM

You are very lazy and you don't deserve to have fingers.

Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 10:58:52 AM

Well, despite not having a lot of playtime, I now remember why I haven't played at all. I keep getting these patcher errors, the dialog box says unknown error (thanks, heh), but the patcher in the background says error reading dat files. It's happened the last few patches that I'm aware of, I've played once since the last wipe, iirc.

So...oh well. It's alpha, no support. I'll drink some beer, that should fix it.
I forwarded this to our team. I haven't heard of any ongoing patching problems, but if they give me any information I'll pass it along.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 11:11:23 AM

Do guilds work?  If so, could we set one up so as to be able to find each other easier?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 11:13:13 AM

Hey, thanks Cal. I didn't expect any support, I just give 'er a try every few days.
You are very lazy and you don't deserve to have fingers.
I'd agree, except that you haven't heard me play guitar yet. Hey, that'd be fun on TS...why isn't Sky tanking that mob? *guitar squeal*

But yeah, I've been egregiously slacking with this game :(
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 11:54:31 AM

When I used to play Planetside we had someone in our Outfit that would play the guitar in the background while waiting to respawn. Since he only did it after he died, he figured it would make us try harder to keep him alive. Kinda backfired though once we learned we didn't get grief points for TKing squadmates. ;)

Guilds are not implimented yet. They are planned though.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 12:08:59 PM

Guilds are not implimented yet. They are planned though.

That makes me feel better, I was wondering why I couldn't get that tab to do anything useful.   smiley

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 03:44:03 PM

Ok, I finally realized what name I used to register for the alpha. I was trying to use my non-alpha login and was getting irritated that I couldn't log in. Yes, I'm a moron.

With that said, I will try to play a bit tonight.
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 03:47:20 PM

Ok, I finally realized what name I used to register for the alpha. I was trying to use my non-alpha login and was getting irritated that I couldn't log in. Yes, I'm a moron.

After you fix the forums. I have to redownload and install all my games anyway.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 04:10:47 PM

After you fix the forums. I have to redownload and install all my games anyway.

Fix what? They work fine! Oh, you mean re-arrange.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 09:49:12 PM

Can't log in at the moment, so I made a second character: Samwise (lvl 1 bard).

Before I got booted out I spent about five minutes dancing around in front of Signe, but she didn't seem impressed.   :-(

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 10:31:07 PM

I guess I was daydreaming.  By the way, The Wayward Lobster no longer heals me.  Well, it wasn't... I had to WALK all the way to that other pub.  It was FAR!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 10:59:05 PM

If a tavern isn't healing you, have some food.  Enigmatic beef stew is great.

I'd also like to comment that /lfh is the best emote EVER.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 11:55:20 PM

Well, it heals me sometimes, I've found and sometimes it doesn't... food doesn't seem to matter.  It's only after I die.  If I have more than 1 hp the inn heals me, otherwise I have to go to another inn.  I thought lfh was a good one, too.  I have to complain about the dance, however.  It makes me look even more stoned than I usually am.  It's the goofiest dance ever... it's what Elaine would have looked like if she had smoked crack before dancing.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 04:23:56 PM

Foozle, level 1 ranger.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 07:13:56 AM

Mixolydian lvl 1 bard
Corellon lvl 1 thief

Signe, have you tried a bard? Jack of all trades, light tank, some thiefyness, some clericality, some magerization. Mixo is an elven bard with the dual wield feat and I took Cure Light Wounds as his first tune. I call it "Freebird", since I imagine it might get a lot of requests. He can sneak a little, he's fast with the dual wield, and with 80 spell points, that's 8 Freebird renditions between rests (plus the three CLW potions he's found in 3 newbie dungeons).
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 09:45:32 AM

I've only played fighter so far... mainly just to become familiar with the game.  I nearly always find it the easiest, if the sometimes the most boring, class in the beginning.  I'll give other classes a go shortly, including bard which sounds fun and I've never played one in an MMO,  right after I get Twee (which sounds more bardy than fighty) to level 2... that's about 1100 points.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 05:29:38 PM

DING!

The lost brothers quest is AWESOME.   :-D  Stealthed my way through the whole thing.

schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 06:00:30 PM

im gonna redownload this and roll a new thief. It'll be good times. I'll probably play all night. Keke.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 12:52:17 AM

Took me ages to remember Samwise was Denver... he had me so confused.  But I'm glad I did... definitely HAVE to have a rogue when you quest in this game.  Regardless of what some people are saying, they are necessary!  Twee took a level of Cleric, as everyone suggested, and it definitely makes a difference.  One of the biggest advantages is you spend very little time in the inn... mana regens much faster than hps so you can heal yourself and by the time you're done, your mana is full.  Who needs food?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 01:49:08 AM

Yeah, grouping is much more fun than soloing.  I had a blast tumbling around the bad guys to distract them while Signe beat them up.  It was also nice that I could run ahead and grab keys from side branches of the dungeon so we could skip right to the main objective.

I'm pretty certain that sneak attacks do work, but I'm still not sure if I get sneak attacks for flanking, or just for my first attack against an unaware opponent.  I did find that it was pretty effective to let the bad guys run past me to Signe and then poke them from behind.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 07:07:50 AM

eek!  Somehow I feel as if I've contributed to your dirty pleasures now! Dammit!  tongue

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #29 on: October 24, 2005, 09:57:48 AM

How exactly does one perform a tumble?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #30 on: October 24, 2005, 10:11:45 AM

Hold down Shift and then any direction (WSAD).  If you have the Tumbling skill, you'll do a tumble in that direction.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #31 on: October 24, 2005, 11:56:30 AM

You guys should choreograph your tumbling, make up a routine and perform!   Thumbs up!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #32 on: October 24, 2005, 12:31:19 PM

Player-created content FTW!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #33 on: October 24, 2005, 12:54:01 PM

Busteth a move!

THOU GOT SERVED!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #34 on: October 28, 2005, 02:47:04 AM

Samwise the bard is now lvl 2.  I like bard.  It sucks solo, but really shines in groups.

I was getting tired of picking up all these cool-sounding weapons and wondering what it'd be like to actually get to use them, so I made a barbarian: Stoney the Angry Dwarf.

I'm looking forward to guilds being implemented.  It'll be so much easier to keep track of everyone.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Welcome! Character names and playtimes..  
Jump to: