Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:51:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Back to work = back to the forums. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back to work = back to the forums.  (Read 3007 times)
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

on: October 18, 2005, 10:17:44 AM

Hey all. Took a hiatus from the forums while I was at home recovering from back surgery. Usually forum time is reserved for when I'm bored at work and not at home where there are games to be played...

I'm still in EQ2 and the last 6 weeks of disability have consisted of heavy duty cat-assing...

If anyone wants to know anything about the game I have a decent knowledge of the game in general and an excelent knowledge of the tradeskills. Since the combat changes and expansion I've only really played my main the swashbuckler so I don't really know first hand how the other classes were affected by that patch.

Chars:

54 Swashbuckler / 57 Alchemist
23 Guardian / 57 Weaponsmith
13 Templar / 60 Jeweler
26 Conjurer / 53 Woodworker
20 Illusionist / 52 Provisioner
And a 42 Armorer
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 11:36:45 AM

I have to say EQ2 has really been fun lately. In a good exp group I can earn 40% of a level in less than 3 hours (with full vitality.) I recently acquired a bo staff as my berzerker's 2H weapon and the combat animations are just sweet. In the last week I have seen a bunch of new zones: Tower of Drafling, Cazic Thule and Everfrost. I just don't understand why SOE desgins such boring zones (Antonica, Snye, CoB etc) for the early levels.

The biggest problem recently is that the old world raids were ever adjusted for the combat changes so they are completely overpowered. This has made certain quests unfinishable. A fix is supposedly on the way, though.

I have never played WoW.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:59:02 AM

So ummm - I don't suppose your weaponsmith and woodworker are on AB?

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 12:00:21 PM

Yep, so far our guild has held off on raiding old world content for the most part. We've redone some of the easy stuff like the Angler, Drayeks and a few of the easy Drakotas (deception quest) but haven't really attempted Darathar yet. With a 58 tank those raids weren't bad but still tougher than before with a 50 tank which just isn't right...

I aggree with them having put some boring ass zones in between the cool zones. I would highly recommend a trip deep into Sol Eye to fight fire giants. Turn your graphics up as high as you can before you go in there. I was completely blown away when I first saw that zone. If you're fighting in CT with any sort of ease you should be capable of handling Sol Eye, probably a full group of 43-45's would be good. If trio'd down that far when I was 48ish.

So far Desert of Flames zones have been just ok. Outdoor zones are more of the same as what we're used to but at least they put a carpet system in that will usually take you to 3-4 key points within the zone after visiting that spot the first time. The dungeon zones are decent but so far nothing nerely as nice as Sol Eye.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 12:00:49 PM

So ummm - I don't suppose your weaponsmith and woodworker are on AB?

Sorry all my chars are on Grobb.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 12:14:51 PM

So much for an affordable ironwood bo for my monk.

I competed the first few missions of the bloodlines chronicles a few weeks ago. They grant you an added ability - for the monk. It's call the I win button - ok - its called devistation fist. Every 7 minutes you get the ability to instakill a normal mob. It's very satisfying.

I still find the game very enjoyable. One think I dislike about the desert of flames missions strings is the first few seem to be fairly challenging, then the next one is a big pain that requires a full group then easy.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 12:18:54 PM by Furiously »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Back to work = back to the forums.  
Jump to: