Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:01:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: They nerfed Kill-stealing! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: They nerfed Kill-stealing!  (Read 2643 times)
Lanei
Terracotta Army

on: May 10, 2004, 11:24:51 AM

* A hero will now get defeat task credit for any villain defeat where his team did at least 25% of the damage to the villain and they are within 200 ft of the villain when the villain is defeated. This is to minimize the potential impact that "kill stealing" may have on the completion of defeat tasks.

Source 1:
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=379438&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Apparently this patch was rolled-back pending investigation of why it broke some unrelated functionality.  Devs have already posted to the effect that:
* Yes we know we need a public test server
* The hardware that was going to be a public test server became a live server instead
* The new hardware that will be the test server will hopefully be set up this week, unless E3 pulls people away from doing that
* If the test server gets put up, the patch may go on that for testing until after E3

Source 2: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=379627&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 11:27:26 AM

Wow, they're working on patches.   For a moment I was wondering if they were too busy giving themselves a pat on the back to continue work on CoH.

Technically this wouldn't be a kill stealing nerf so much as crediting all involved players with a mission kill count so long as they're still within close proximity and have done at least 25% damage.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 11:38:43 AM

No - they were too busy nerfing Hasten...

geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 11:44:04 AM

Bah!  They've already nerfed Hasten to 33% in the last pre-release patch. Granted, if any power is nerf-worthy, it'd be Hasten.  Nonetheless, the Nanites has hasten.  I want my power pick back if they pull that shiznit again.

Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 12:05:48 PM

Quote from: geldonyetich

Technically this wouldn't be a kill stealing nerf so much as crediting all involved players with a mission kill count so long as they're still within close proximity and have done at least 25% damage.

Right, thus greatly reducing the incidences of someone actually depriving you of anything at all when they ks one of your mobs.  This is a good thing, in mine sight.  Calling it a nerf of KSing was an attempt at humor.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 12:07:30 PM

In related news everyone appears to be rolling up a character that can charm.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 12:14:10 PM

I'm glad to see them say that the machine they were going to use for a test server had to become a live server instead. Meaning their inital projections were surpassed by at least one server's population.

And because the more populated servers don't need anymore people on them.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: They nerfed Kill-stealing!  
Jump to: