Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:38:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Everyone alive out there? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone alive out there?  (Read 6657 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 09, 2004, 11:12:52 PM

I haven't seen many people in Teamspeak lately, just wondering - I know I haven't had time. But for when I grouped it was great.

So how has everyones life been? :p <- unnecessary emoticon.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 12:27:22 AM

Fine, if a little busy with lab reports on plant sex, presentations on fly sex, and grad school research.

I was hoping for a Synapse TF this weekend, but peeps of the appropriate level were rarely on.  Anyone up for a TF next Saturday?  Either the 16+ or 21+ one, depending on what level I am :).

P.S.  Still no luck on the crahsing problem, though I'm working on it.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 06:16:08 AM

New machine showed up friday, gonna get teamspeak on it tonight or tomorrow, depends on how late the paper group goes.  Also, I need to buy a mic.  I hear that helps.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 06:33:08 AM

I was scarce last week because I was so damn busy. I'll be lucky if I can get on before Thursday of this week, but I'm still playing.  ;)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 07:31:22 AM

I was actually with a GIRL this weekend.  Shocking, I know, I still can't believe it.  But I should be back to the safe confines of nerddom this week, starting tonight, I hope.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 10:17:17 AM

I never play on the weekends as thats mommas time. and if momma aint happy... noboby lives. Im strictly a Monday-Thursday kinda guys at the moment. End of the month I'm taking vacation to head to Michigan for a magazine writeup on our rac engines and stuff so I will be incommunicado for about a week.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 10:19:35 AM

NOOOOO!  Who will save my bacon fat from the fires of evil if Dark isn't around to take the aggro for me??  *sob*
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 10:33:12 AM

Have been buisy building my new system. Got it finished and benchmarked last night. Pretty happy with the resaults (Except for Hitman Contracts).

I will probably be in tonight, also, will be bringing my GF in game as soon as I get a monitor for her. (Whitesmith is going to lend me one).
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 11:40:51 AM

I've been around.    Hey, I've even got my mic working again.   I've a friend of mine who I've been kabitzing with lately over Teamspeak, and unfortunately it's a one or the other thing.

Population level has been low in the game as well as out.    The honeymoon isn't over yet, is it?   Content seems to open up a bit more at about the 15-20ish point, judging by this high tech facility I ran across in a mission.   Also, the mission storylines are really kinda compelling.   So this and other things might entice some people to come back.

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 11:43:46 AM

I wasn't worried about people quitting, I was just wondering if people's lives were as busy as mine had been these last few weeks.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 11:54:11 AM

Spent the last week studying for my final exam in criminal procedure.

Crim pro involved about oh, I dunno, 120-200 cases that I had to read and know and be able to discuss 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th amendment (both equal protection and due process) theory in a relatively intelligent manner.

Saturday is my commercial transactions law final (sales, bills of lading & warehouse receipts, payment systems, and secured transactions) and then, assuming I passed both of these classes, I'm graduated.

Of course, June 1 starts bar exam prep time and I'll probably have about 3 hours or maybe 4 a night if I'm lucky.  

So yeah, I won't get to do any more serious playing until the end of July.  Well, and May 15-June 1.  

I definitely won't play May 19, because it's my birthday and I'm celebrating that and my graduation on the same night.  It should get ugly.  At least, if it's a good party and all.

So yeah, there's everything you never really wanted to know about my non-playingness for the last while and upcoming non-playingness periods.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 12:17:48 PM

Shit, I was on 10 hours on Saturday doing that Positron TF mission. I was even on TS for about half that time and only one person came on. I had to quit TS as my machine was running like shit and I couldn't take the time to reboot it because I was the leader of the TF.

BTW, if your hard drive thrases a shitton (like if you only have 256 MB RAM, and your machine has been on for 24 hours straight with Win98SE), you can be disconnected simply because your goddamn HD is locking you up so long the server forgets where you are. Mental note.... get more fucking RAM.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 01:38:13 PM

I haven't been busy a bit.  I've been snubbing you lot... that's all.  I have a pleasant date with my doctor tonight... if it goes well and I'm in a good mood, I might drop in TS this week and let you all mock me back into my usual, morose, gothy self.

Why are there not more girls on TS?  I could use the support.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 01:52:25 PM

I've been graduating, having post graduation parties, buying furniture, packing, etc. I log onto TS occasionally, see noone I know, and go play WoW.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 02:39:00 PM

I do wish they filtered in more maps before the 20+ stage of the game.  Get tired of sewers/office buildings/warehouses/caves when playing a lot of alts.  The other maps are all so much better.  I know they are there, I have freaking seen them in beta, but they just don't show up till later.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 03:58:22 PM

Quote from: Signe

I could talk in a higher pitched voice and say girlish things if you'd count that as support.
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 04:08:00 PM

I try to get in an hour or  two every night (with admitedly limited success). But I rarely see anyone on. Do people generally play during the days or something?

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 04:13:09 PM

Quote from: Daeven
I try to get in an hour or  two every night (with admitedly limited success). But I rarely see anyone on. Do people generally play during the days or something?

That's why I asked if everyone was alive. I know the fun is still there, but the people don't seem to be. I was worried about a mass suicide or something.

Paging Mr. Applegate.
Kyper
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 05:06:21 PM

I've been pretty busy lately.  Family in town for a few days, GF here on the weekends.  

My GF lives an hour and a half away and we alternate visiting each other each weekend.  Even when she's here, I have to avoid computer games to prevent her from freaking out ("Not another game!  Don't you love me?").  

My playtimes are basically Monday-Thursday with maybe a little time on Sunday afternoons if the GF is out of the way.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #19 on: May 10, 2004, 06:03:58 PM

Quote from: schild
Quote from: Daeven

That's why I asked if everyone was alive. I know the fun is still there, but the people don't seem to be. I was worried about a mass suicide or something.

Paging Mr. Applegate.

Looks to me like most people want to play but are having schedule problems, and while CoH was high on the list of things to do when it first game out, it looks to have progressed to the second stage of MMOG addiction for most of us.  People think they 'Must play CoH as long as it doesn't jeopardize work/school/sex' instead of 'Must play CoH.  Period.'

My guess is that things will pick up at the end of May/early June as school starts to let up.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: May 10, 2004, 06:42:22 PM

Quote from: SonicPurge
Quote from: Signe

I could talk in a higher pitched voice and say girlish things if you'd count that as support.

Yes, please.  Thank you.  Do you think you might speak with an Eric Idle type accent.  I quite enjoy that sort of thing.

schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: May 10, 2004, 06:53:21 PM

Your husband has an almost english accent. He's closer than Sonic will be.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #22 on: May 10, 2004, 08:40:25 PM

My husband has a perfectly clipped BBC English accent.  Quite extroidinary for a Scot.  Unfortunately, boarding school will do that to you.  Anyway, he sucks at speaking as a woman... and Sonic offered.

Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 10, 2004, 08:48:19 PM

Quote from: schild

Hmmm. This calls for a new Super Group:

Judean People's Suicide Squad!
Or would that be Suicide Squad of the Judean Peoples Front.

No, that's the Popular Front.

What?

My guess is that things will pick up at the end of May/early June as school starts to let up.

Goddamn children. GET A REAL JOB IN INDIA YOU LOOSERS!

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 11, 2004, 06:12:23 AM

Quote from: Riggswolfe
and go play WoW.

Tease

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 11, 2004, 08:01:14 AM

Quote from: Soukyan
Quote from: Riggswolfe
and go play WoW.

Tease

Yes I am. And utterly addicted to WoW as well.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Everyone alive out there?  
Jump to: