Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:58:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: My Turn for Computer Help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Turn for Computer Help  (Read 1501 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: May 09, 2004, 12:41:40 PM

Ok, I have just finished building my first computer.

P4 3.2
1 gig ddr400 pc3200 RAM
80 gig HD
GeForce FX5700 Ultra 128mb
CD-Burner
DVD-Rom
Gigabyte i875p MoBo.
Raidmax case with 430w Power Supply, and 4 fans.
Win XP Pro

I installed all the drivers, and got all the updated drivers from the web, I also updated my BIOS.

I use Sisoftware "Sandra" to check my system a lot.

I put it all together and it seems to be running pretty smooth, but I have a few things I was wondering about.

1) I am using onboard sound. It supports 6.1, so I figure that should be good enough for my 4.1 sound system. I dont need many bells and whistles. In some of my games, the FX sounds are VERY low, but the ambiant music is fine. Also, the Voice sounds are non existant. This is not all games. UT2k4 ran with out a hitch (does any game run better?). Hitman Contracts is one of the games that has no voice and low FX. Also, hitman still wont run smoothly over 800x600. I was very disapointed in this.

2) I ran the mother board diagnostics from Sandra, and EVERY time I do, my system alarm goes off. The only alarms I have set in the BIOS are CPU fan and system temp. I looked n the case and the cpu fan was running, also the system temp is still very low. Does any one have any idea why running a MoBo diagnostic would set of my system alarm? When the alarm goes off, its a constant Beep...beep...beep...beep...beep... until I restart my system. This sis going to drive me crazy if I cant figure out whats making the alarm go off.
My friend said it might be my CPU fan slowing down, but would a Mobo diagnostic make that happen? and wouldnt the cpu fan speed up again once the diagnostic had run?

PLEASE HELP!!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 07:34:03 PM

Well, I found what was causing Hitman Contracts to run like total ass. There is a setting in graphics settings called Post Filter, if you turn this off, OMG the difference. You dont get the unhealthy green fog any more, but I can now run very smoothly at almost all other settings maxed.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 07:34:41 PM

Just tried it. True that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: My Turn for Computer Help  
Jump to: