Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:24:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Story Arcs, Souvenirs, Badges 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Story Arcs, Souvenirs, Badges  (Read 2349 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: October 06, 2005, 10:07:43 AM

Sometimes I just don't get the rest of the story arc from my contact.  When that leads to a badge, how do I go about getting the badge?

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 10:27:12 AM

Contacts should never stop your progression in a story arc, even if you started the arc at level 5, went away and levelled to 50, and came back- it should be waiting right where you left off.  If the progression does stop, you should /petition it.

If you're looking for individual badges that give missions, it's not a bad idea to go to an area that's level appropriate for people who will get that mission (for instance- the mission that gives the Spelunker badge is given in Steel Canyon, and you will frequently see people broadcasting there that they're looking for that mission or that they have that mission).  Sometimes people charge influence, sometimes they don't but they accept "donations", either way you generally don't have to give too much (most folks just want some fuel to fix themselves up with DOs).  The mission in question is the infamous "Save fortune teller from Circle" mission.  I believe it's required for the Atlas Medallion Accolade.

To which specific badge are you referring in this case?

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 05:11:21 PM

Actually, it's story arcs.  I am not getting some of the 25-29 arcs from contacts.  Did all the Striga missions and Croatoa missions, got those fine.  It's the others.

What determines whether one gets particular arcs?  Luck?
Llava
Contributor

Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 06:06:45 PM

The best way to make sure that you get to do every single arc is to do at least one mission for every contact you get.  If you have done one mission for the contact, and they have a story arc in them, they'll give it to you no matter what level you are (but the missions will still be about the same level- you won't be fighting level 50 skulls/hellions if you go back to do that arc).  However, if you outlevel them without doing one mission, they won't give you anything.

Contact selection has something to do with story arcs as well.  For instance, if you always go for Circle of Thorns contacts, then sure you'll get all the CoT story arcs, but maybe that last CoT contact you picked up would've only given access to a story arc your other contact already gave you, while that Freakshow contact would've given you a brand new Freakshow arc.

So if you want to do all the arcs, it's important to make sure to diversify your contacts, try to keep track of who handles what so you can get all the villain groups and, therefore, all the arcs.

But chances are, even with that, you'll miss out on one or two just due to bad luck with contact selection, and the options you're given.  I believe that when a contact of yours says "Would you like to meet X or Y?" they are randomly selected from a list, so it's possible you might never get a chance to be introduced to a contact with a particular mission.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 05:58:01 AM

But chances are, even with that, you'll miss out on one or two just due to bad luck with contact selection, and the options you're given.  I believe that when a contact of yours says "Would you like to meet X or Y?" they are randomly selected from a list, so it's possible you might never get a chance to be introduced to a contact with a particular mission.
If you keep following up your contacts you'll eventually get one contact for each origin, for each band of 5 levels - 5 to 9, 10 to 14, et cetera. With the exception of Dr. Science at level 35 and the Rikti In Black at 40, these five "origin contacts" will between them offer all possible missions and storyarcs. Sometimes more than once.

--GF
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 12:02:59 PM

Hmm.  I did all missions I got from my contacts, but then a storyline crapped out.  Never could get the Iron Hand's Badge arc.

Now I am not getting the Scroll of Tiliekekekekekekekekeke or whatever it's called, from Miriam Blocher (sp?).  Just random CoT missions.

I think I'll forget about those and just do what I want.  I'm really not OCD, really, I'm not.  Really, I don't need EVERY souvenir or badge or story arc, do I?  No, I don't.

(But if I wasn't at least a little OCD would I even play these games?)
Llava
Contributor

Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 01:58:00 PM

Personally, I'm happy having done every story arc across my account, I don't need each individual character to do them all.  There are some, however, that really fit individual concepts so I try to make sure those ones get done on that character.

But even if you do them all, it's not like badges- there's no way to show off your souvenirs.

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 01:01:48 PM

Hmm.  I did all missions I got from my contacts, but then a storyline crapped out.  Never could get the Iron Hand's Badge arc.

Now I am not getting the Scroll of Tiliekekekekekekekekeke or whatever it's called, from Miriam Blocher (sp?).  Just random CoT missions.

I think I'll forget about those and just do what I want.  I'm really not OCD, really, I'm not.  Really, I don't need EVERY souvenir or badge or story arc, do I?  No, I don't.

(But if I wasn't at least a little OCD would I even play these games?)
You're limited to having two storyarcs open at any one time.

You're guaranteed to have one story arc on offer at any one time.

Check your clues tab. If there's persistent stuff in there that's not talking about the language of the Igneous, you've got a storyarc in progress already (and you might want to report what it is so I can tell you who to go back and talk to).

Yes, this means you have to finish storyarcs you don't want before you can do a storyarc you do want.

--GF
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Story Arcs, Souvenirs, Badges  
Jump to: