Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2173250 times)
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #1260 on: June 23, 2009, 03:56:55 AM

I'm fucking around in CoD4, TF2 and L4D (still), I'm waiting until I come back from USA to buy more games.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1261 on: June 23, 2009, 04:12:38 AM

I'm hoping for the "Summoned Demons From Hell won't die" factor.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1262 on: June 24, 2009, 08:58:05 AM

OK, I'll go ahead and admit that I have been playing a lot of Star Ocean: The Last Hope.  This is because of the wife.  In any case I have put about 100 hours into it and am nearing the end.  Three of the four main characters have four +20% XP traits on their weapons while the fourth one has three.  They also have necklaces with two +20% XP traits; I'd have three on there but I ran out of materials and patience.  I consider this necessary; currently the main party of four (Edge, Bacchus, Arumat, Meracle) are all around level 110, and if they somehow get to around level 130 before I reach the end, I'll go back to the arena with them.  Currently fighting moon-monsters in a drive to what I hope is the final boss.  After this, the wife wants to play Infinite Undiscovery.  I'm planning on suggesting we play Shadowhearts: Covenant instead.

In Persona 4, I'm grinding in the bath house.  The problem with grinding in the bath house is the number (more than zero) of enemies that are strong versus physical, which means no matter how good my team gets they will eventually run out of SP and I'll have to go back to the real world.  Actually I'm studying the feasibility of paying the fox to restore my SP, but the economics of it are razor-edge and very easily blown by summoning persona from the compendium (which I have to do after some fusions).  Man, I love that game.

LotRO just released Book 8 and the Summer Festival (and a shit-ton of other Things and Fixes), so that's going to take up a lot of my time.  The festival is going to interrupt my leveling charge, but if I get a funny hat or a racial dance out of it, it's all good.  I hear there are keg races over at Thorin's Hall, so I'll be taking my dwarf back home for that.  I'll also see about getting him in the Inn League, too.

I'll probably also buy Anno soon and lose a few days to it, thanks to some fucking bastard motherfucker on these forums.

The boy is getting fairly good at a game I cannot stand: Loco Roco Coccorecho.  I might be spelling that incorrectly.  He calls it Loco Roco On The TV.  I call it God Damned Bullshit.

The wife is getting much better at putting textures into The Sims 3, although I think she is still having trouble with the alpha-channel bit and is sticking with three-color textures.  Other than that I just see two guys sitting on a sofa watching TV, so don't ask me what's up with that game.  My experience with TS3 mostly consists of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and The GIMP.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1263 on: June 24, 2009, 09:24:37 AM

Nearly everyday you come up with at least one different game you're playing, Yeg.  Do you finish most of them?  I don't - which makes me unhappy.  For some reason, I enjoy playing something I haven't played before to finishing stuff I've started.  The problem I have is that it's hard for me to go back to a game I've set aside and start playing again - even if I really enjoyed it.  I kind of envy people who can start a game and carry on until it's done and people who can easily go back to a game and pick up where they left off.  I have bajillions of really good, unfinished games because I have no discipline.   

Right now, though not too often at the moment:

Sims 3
Free Realms
Aion when it feels accomodating
A few  NDA
and about 300,000 unfinished PC and console games.   ACK!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1264 on: June 24, 2009, 09:49:29 AM

Nearly everyday you come up with at least one different game you're playing, Yeg.  Do you finish most of them?  I don't - which makes me unhappy. 
Over the last couple years I've become much better about sticking with a game until I finish it. Which sucks for this thread, since it takes me forever to finish a game. I'm planning on picking up the last Anno gold version at some point, after I finish Drakensang and GTA4. For now, still playing Drakensang.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1265 on: June 24, 2009, 10:17:37 AM

OK, I'll go ahead and admit that I have been playing a lot of Star Ocean: The Last Hope. 

What's the deal with this game, anyway?  By the sound of it, you are only grudgingly playing it because your wife wants you to (sounds of whips cracking in the background), but I find it hard to believe that it doesn't have some redeeming qualities if you've spent nigh on a 100 hours on the thing?

I ask because I see it in the stores and am mildly intrigued, but never hear anything about it.  Geniune interest, in other words.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1266 on: June 24, 2009, 10:28:29 AM

I don't finish games, usually.  I am easily distracted, also I don't really want to finish them due to some deep-seated mental issues.  Having put so much time into Star Ocean is really killing me.  I did finish Uncharted, Folklore and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.  I finished The Maw (XBLA).  I probably finished the main questline of Oblivion, but not sure.  I finished Shadowhearts, Final Fantasy XII and SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1.  I even took down all but one of the optional bosses in Digital Devil Saga: the one you have to play through the New Game+ to reach, but that took me 140 hours or something.  I finished Half-Life 1,2,ep1, ep2.  I finished Portal.  Thief 1&2.  Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.  Also Final Fantasy I and IV and VII and VIII and IX.  Blaster Master, at least twice.  Resident Evil 4.  Radiata Stories (both endings).  Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past & Ocarina of Time & Wind Waker.  Probably not many I have forgotten about, so that's a very close approximation of the games I have finished in my entire life.

Recently I got the Bad Ending of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, which may or may not count.  Some games, I don't even get past the beginning, and many that I dabble in are not even posted in here.  For example, I played a little more Rocket Slime last week but not enough to mention in here.  I played a little more Patapon, until I got to the part where I have to cross the desert and decided never to boot it up again.  I played about ten minutes of Call of Duty: World at War before I got sick of it; I should have deinstalled as soon as I saw WWII footage.  Some games only get an installation, like how I keep reinstalling The Witcher but not really playing it.

OK, I'll go ahead and admit that I have been playing a lot of Star Ocean: The Last Hope. 
What's the deal with this game, anyway?  By the sound of it, you are only grudgingly playing it because your wife wants you to (sounds of whips cracking in the background), but I find it hard to believe that it doesn't have some redeeming qualities if you've spent nigh on a 100 hours on the thing?

I ask because I see it in the stores and am mildly intrigued, but never hear anything about it.  Geniune interest, in other words.

Eh, alright, let me think of good things to say.  The combat isn't as bad as Till The End of Time, but the characters are thirteen times as annoying.  You can turn off the combat chatter.  The crafting isn't completely jacked up, but it's crappy how I can make so much useless shit.  I just got to the point where I can get runic metal on a reliable basis, however the armor/weapons I can make with it are now crap for me.  You can collect a lot of shit.

I'm almost enjoying myself with the combat (not that it's good, mind you, but my bar is Shin Megami Tensei so YMMV) and fedex quests (not as well-done as any MMO), many of which can involve crafting but most which involve resource gathering.  I'm also interested in collecting things, but my patience for that has run WAY the fuck out.  There's a whole lot of shit I could be collecting, so if you like that you might give it a try.  Also if you are a Japanese teenage otaku with any common anime fetish, you might like it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1267 on: June 24, 2009, 11:31:31 AM

Thank you for saving me the 50 clams.  Not my bag.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
WayAbvPar

Reply #1268 on: June 24, 2009, 04:30:56 PM

After getting caught up on this thread I really wanna play BG2 and ToEE again. Wish I could find the CDs!

My playlist for the past couple of weeks-

EVE
Browser games
FIFA 09
Poker
Mount & Blade (PoP mod)
Master of Magic
Darklands
Autoduel

I downloaded DOSBox to play Wizard's Crown a couple of months ago. As you can see from my list, I have expanded my Dosgames folder. I registered an account @ abandonia.com and favorited about 25 games. Not sure I will get through all of them, but I am having a blast with the ones I have chosen so far. Only hiccup is that I can't get sounds to work. Since the first thing I do when I install a game is turn the music off, I am not missing it as much as you might think.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1269 on: June 24, 2009, 10:22:27 PM

I'd love to play more of my own DOS titles, but for some reason DOSBox and my Mac don't quite get along on the CDROM front, keeping me from Xeen saga, Crusader, Wing Commander 3, Shadowcaster, and Ravenloft.

Course I keep switching games and going OOH SHINEY for a week then on to something else.  I'm suprised how long I have been keeping Super Robot Taisen 4 going.

Mainly since I have been a good boy and haven't bought a new game in a while.  Not even a portable Atlus title even though those things have shit print runs!

(I'm thinking Ghostbusters and Transformers are better served as budget releases for me, so I can wait on both of those.  Might get DS TF, and GB for the Wii.  But I think I can wait 6 months.)
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #1270 on: June 25, 2009, 11:12:36 AM

Overlord 2. Just got it but as much fun as the first instalment so far.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1271 on: June 30, 2009, 12:40:18 PM

LotRO
Persona 4
Devil Summoner 1 (shush)
Dawn of Discovery
Age of Conan trial... sort of
Last Remnant

In related news, my GameCube memory card has become corrupted and I need to take it from the boy and see if I can fix it, or at least copy the saves off (if possible), else I'll lose some treasured items like my RE4 bottlecaps and my Eternal Darkness save.  I am thinking of bringing the GC downstairs and reattaching it because the boy has been on a hard GC kick lately: Pikmin and Mario Sunshine in particular, with a dash of Chibi Robo.

The wife is still playing The Sims 3, making textures and houses... or something.  Apparently no one in the community has been able to make a piece of furniture for the game yet, which I find annoying even though I don't play it.  My wife, of course, got all of the for-sale stuff in the EA store without paying, but it's still a crap maneuver by EA.

Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #1272 on: June 30, 2009, 01:03:15 PM

I bought Zeno Clash and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic over the weekend.

Zeno Clash really highlights how Dark Messiah suck (and it do suck, I don't think I'll finish it). Zeno Clash is awesoem, especially the characters. Some of the mad forest creatures you meet are just  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I'm working on finishing the top levels in the challenge mode, you can only fight so many elephants/man eating pigs/giant ferrets before you learn their combat pattern and it gets dull. Especially since there only is one way to kill them. The new challenge levels in the DLC are much more entertaining. The light platforming and stuff are pretty hilarious. Especially throwing golden robot-people of cliffs.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1273 on: June 30, 2009, 01:35:30 PM

Still haven't finished the Dragon Quests in Drakensang, and it's the only game I've played since I mentioned getting it.
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #1274 on: June 30, 2009, 01:39:10 PM

Still haven't finished the Dragon Quests in Drakensang, and it's the only game I've played since I mentioned getting it.

How is Drakensang, I still haven't decided if I should get that title or not.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1275 on: June 30, 2009, 02:20:07 PM

I like eurorpgs and have a high tolerance for their oddities, I'm not the best person to ask.

It's a bit linear but still enjoyable. I prefer the Gothic series, but I like it better than the last couple Elder Scrolls. I also paid $5 shipped with an amazon coupon, so that helps.

Crafted arrows seem way overpowered.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1276 on: June 30, 2009, 03:08:00 PM

Ive started playing Wesnoth.  Its really damned good.  Picked a great time too.  They just updated it. 

It looks good, it plays good, and its basically open source DARK FUCKING WIZARD.

That kicks ass.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1277 on: June 30, 2009, 03:34:51 PM

Well, I'm letting WoW lapse again.   

So on my list of stuff I'm playing at least a little bit daily or every other day is:

Team Fortress 2
Fallout 3

Stuff that gets played less often, but still worth having installed

GTA IV
Call of Duty: World at War

Currently waiting on:

Champions Online (have a group of friends lined up to play with, which I hope will make the game worth it, even in the face of a game that doesn't look exceptionally amazing).

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1278 on: July 01, 2009, 02:43:31 PM

A lot of LotRO due to the summer festival (over 20 hours in the last week, which hasn't happened for a while), skirmishes vs. AI in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade when I want to see something blow up, and Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

CoC is nicely atmospheric, but essentially a rail shooter with no shooting, and frequent interruptions by non-interactive dialogue and cutscenes. I'm finding this combination surprisingly irritating. Also, I'm not reacting well to the complete lack of a HUD. More immersive, sure, but I shouldn't need NPCs to tell me that I'm wounded and need bandages.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1279 on: July 01, 2009, 02:49:23 PM

I'm playing "the baby wakes up as soon as I launch any game". 

Occasionally I get a couple of fights in playing UFC 2009, but it's at the sacrifice of sleep.  I imagine the Baby Bjorn will prove handy at some point.

-Rasix
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #1280 on: July 01, 2009, 03:00:32 PM

WUA's thread and over a year of running D&D without playing have driven me to Neverwinter Nights 2 in desperation for an RPG fix. Going to Comicon in 3 weeks so no new games for awhile.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #1281 on: July 01, 2009, 03:06:32 PM

Dungeon Siege 2
KOTOR
KOTOR 2
DoW
DoW 2
Warhammer Battlemarch
Battle for Wesnoth
Diablo 2
Penumbra
Dead Space
Oblivion

Make of it what you will.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1282 on: July 02, 2009, 12:05:07 AM

Dawn of War 2 Demo (Seriously thinking about buying it)
Duel of the Planeswalkers.
iCascade (my Iphone obsession of the week)
Storms of Zehir (had to restart due to some party composition errors, getting rapidly bored)

Waiting for Ghostbusters to arrive via mail. I even wrote Sony Europe that they can go fuck themself and I will give my money to Sony US from now on. Not that they care, but I feel better now.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1283 on: July 02, 2009, 12:54:56 AM

Point Lookout, it was way too short. I'm not really sure what is next, maybe I'll try out DDO for the first time since beta.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #1284 on: July 02, 2009, 06:08:34 AM

Waiting for Ghostbusters to arrive via mail. I even wrote Sony Europe that they can go fuck themself and I will give my money to Sony US from now on. Not that they care, but I feel better now.

Why not just buy it on Steam?  Is that restricted where you live or some other shenanigans?

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1285 on: July 02, 2009, 06:44:39 AM

Indeed, its US only (or North America only, I couldn't see well through the red haze).
Jonesky

Email
Reply #1286 on: July 03, 2009, 08:02:12 AM

I also play this harvest moon. Now i play the new version of pokemon.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

*spammage snipped*
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:12:05 AM by Rasix »
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1287 on: July 05, 2009, 04:41:04 AM

I was playing some Red Faction: Guerilla.
Last weekend though, I unwrapped Fallout 3 which had been in shrinkwrap in my shelf behind me since release.

Aside from friends coming over twice for some LAN-Titan Quest, I haven't played anything else. Might do some Rock Band tonight, though...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1288 on: July 05, 2009, 09:44:44 AM

Inspired by the (sadly failed) Battlefield Heroes experiment, I bought Call of Duty: World at War for the PC. It's an amusing rollercoaster, and the multiplayer should hold my interest for a while. I'm also debating with myself over whether or not to start playing Dawn of War 2 again with the 1.4 beta patch. Finally, I have Tiger Woods 10 to play on the old 360, but for some reason I can't bring myself to even unwrap the box.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1289 on: July 06, 2009, 06:54:13 AM

Point Lookout. It's good. Not great.
Started Force Unleashed again. It's fine, I guess. It's an odd game. I don't hate it, I don't love it. Has just enough pull that I'll go back to it now and again and advance just a bit. Normally when I'm done with something I'm done with it.
Started The Witcher again.

Meaning to play Mount & Blade again, with mods.

Toying with going back into Conan.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1290 on: July 06, 2009, 07:01:21 AM

Finally, I have Tiger Woods 10 to play on the old 360, but for some reason I can't bring myself to even unwrap the box.

Your hesitation might stem from the fact that not playing Tiger Woods 10 on the Wii is a big mistake.  It's your subconscious mind telling you to return the box to the store, and procure the Wii version with Motion Plus without delay, because surely that's what you meant to do all along.

Unless of course you don't have a Wii, in which case you can carry on about your business.

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #1291 on: July 06, 2009, 07:18:20 AM

Anno 1404. Good times, I wonder how long it will hold my attention after I finish the campaign.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1292 on: July 06, 2009, 08:41:09 AM

Finally finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.  Great game, not sure I'm totally behind the run & gun wtfaliens ending, but it wouldn't be Indy Jones inspired without it I guess.  Properly looking forward to the sequel.

Maybe I'll ride this wave and play some more console games this week.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1293 on: July 06, 2009, 10:04:35 AM

I seem to have lost interest in everything! 

I should go hang out on a Luddite website.   swamp poop

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1294 on: July 06, 2009, 10:54:00 AM

It seems the so called US version of Ghostbusters I bought  is actually a German version. So I have to hope I can send it back and they return my money.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: