Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 06:28:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2184953 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #525 on: October 23, 2008, 06:04:51 AM

I was restricting myself to the 360.  I agree with your statements, although I'm not sure about Fable II.  He might be more into Too Human if he finds the loot and fighting interesting.

Dead Space is the answer, though.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #526 on: October 23, 2008, 08:42:30 AM

Chaps, it's not for me.  I'm being asked my opinion by the girl of a friend and, well, I don't have a 360.  Hence my total lack of helpfulness for her.

So, you're helping by proxy.  I'll get her to check out the suggestions thus far.

Cheers.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #527 on: October 23, 2008, 11:29:08 AM

You left me with little choice but to make assumptions.  I might have said NHL 09. awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #528 on: October 23, 2008, 08:56:36 PM

Been playing Call of Duty 4
just hit 55 not too long ago.

Also, warhammer online from time to time
MerseyMal
Terracotta Army

Reply #529 on: October 24, 2008, 03:06:25 AM

Warhammer Online - though I seem to not be playing it as intensively as previous MMOGs. I suspect I've caught a bug called "a life".

Crysis Warhead - finding this much more enjoyable than its predecessor

Want to get my mitts on Far Cry 2 and Dead Space.  Both on the PC; not sure what exclusive to console titles I particularly fancy atm.

Currently playing STO, DA:O, L4D2 & TF2. Ex-WAR/WoW/LotRO/EVE/CoH/DAoC. http://www.xfire.com/profile/malkomm/
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #530 on: October 24, 2008, 09:34:38 AM

Halo 3 that I borrowed from a friend.  Just about to beat it unless there are a bunch of false endings.  Not a bad game, I just don't get the hype.  I probably made my experience worse by the having questions of "why is this considered good? isn't this just a shooter?" going through my head the entire time. 

Presentation is well done, the music is pretty good, and it's has a reasonable degree of difficulty.  Ally AI is atrocious in parts, especially when driving.  Not sure how that got past QA.  I mean, they simply cannot drive past some areas and just get stuck.

Heh, at least I'm finishing it.  Can't stay I even try that with most standard shooters.

-Rasix
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #531 on: October 24, 2008, 04:32:18 PM

Playing Silent Storm again.

Fuck, it's only THE BEST turn based strategy thing EVAR.

Yes, it shits on X-Com on the tactical part.  I kinda wish they'd taken it to the logical conclusion, sorted out the wee niggly issues and released an alien one.

Those who wish to bring up Panzerkleins, just don't.

I just had a few games enjoyed it thus far I love the physics engine, but I have hit a stumbling block. The team I have assembled for the last four missions seems to have lower attributes than the guys that haven't even been on a mission, and to boot they are a level lower. I liked the idea in x-com that the amount of involvement a soldier had in a mission improved his skills beyond his compatriots, know any way to fix this?. Plus for me tactically it's only a slight step up from I can just load up all my guys with HMGs and blow the crap out of everything not exactly tactically astute but it sure is a blast.

EDIT: I found a cheat that lets me set my player levels gives them all good stats ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 05:16:41 PM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #532 on: October 26, 2008, 10:39:39 AM

I might have said NHL 09. awesome, for real

Don't you be trashing my precious NHL 09.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #533 on: October 26, 2008, 06:16:48 PM

I might have said NHL 09. awesome, for real

Don't you be trashing my precious NHL 09.
I heard the new online league thingie owns face.
Strazos

Reply #534 on: October 26, 2008, 09:20:09 PM

This is true, but that game is far from perfect:

Too many cheese goals. Really EA, you need to work on the goalie angles AI. Way too easy to dangle out on the forehand, and pull the shot back across the net with the goalie leaning. Also some misc. other cheese crap, like coming in at the goal along the goalline is way too fucking easy to score.

Also....not enough penalties. Not Even Close. Interference calls are RARE. They also need to actually call Boarding. Double majors for high sticking would be nice, but that's something that might come up far too often; not sure how would you make drawing blood random enough to be reasonable.

And the Protect the Puck action/ability, while a nice addition, is a little too fool-proof.

The game can still be all kinds of fun, especially when you happen to get matched up against another team that tries to play Actual hockey.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: October 26, 2008, 09:32:16 PM

You're about to reach quintuple digits.  awesome, for real
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #536 on: October 27, 2008, 01:37:02 AM

Guitar Hero World Tour.

Never have I been so happy to pass on Rock Band 1 and 2.

Its way better so far.  Its evolutionary, not revolutionary, but the genre pretty much is solidified now.  I kinda want an actual microphone though.   The Controller mic aint all that.  My vocalist is a cutie though.

So far the only thing I don't like is how Midori and Pandora's outfits are all fucked up.  Midori got sleazed up quite a bit, and Pandora went retardo gothic.

After Halloween I shall have money for VMWare Fusion since my trial ended last week and I will probably finish up Icewind Dale.  My Bard and Druid are level 11 now.  I am in the 2nd main area of the Dwarf mines.  The outdoors area with the pile of Trolls.  I hate Trolls.  Regeneration is butt.  And I only have so many flame arrows left.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #537 on: October 27, 2008, 02:06:57 AM

Sacred 2
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #538 on: October 27, 2008, 08:40:06 AM

Saint's Row 2.  I got this after reading a few posts here and I'm ready to say that SR2 is everything that I wanted GTAIV to be and more.  Rockstar can lick my balls.  My gangster looks like a cross between Al Sharpton and Grimmace.  I probably made a mistake by making him a high-talker: picking the female voice.  The comments referencing the old game and main character are funny even though I never finished the original and really have no idea who all these people are.  "Did you do something with your hair? You seem different, other than talking now."  "Yeah, I get that a lot." awesome, for real

Infinite Undiscovery
Mana Khemia
LotRO
Dead Space
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Rasix

Reply #539 on: October 27, 2008, 08:43:33 AM

Back to Disgaea 3 and just started the Mother 3 translation.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Considered reupping to WoW, but instead I'll just allow WoW and WAR subs to run out.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #540 on: October 27, 2008, 09:36:51 AM

I realized I never finished Bioshock, so I loaded it up to polish it off before Fallout 3 disappoints me. I might take 20 xbox games to get a dollar off Fallout.
Rasix

Reply #541 on: October 27, 2008, 09:53:28 AM

I might take 20 xbox games to get a dollar off Fallout.

That may be worth it for the annoyance factor alone.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #542 on: October 27, 2008, 10:12:26 AM

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #543 on: October 27, 2008, 10:23:10 AM

Sacred 2 is yet another Diablo clone, nothing spectacular. You punch some enemies until loot falls out, you get punchy until you amassed enough loot to supply all your characters (shared bank vault included), then you move on to the next thing that is not quite Diablo. Rinse and repeat until Diablo 3 arrives.

There is a story as well, but the sound in the intro is buggy and I can't understand what the wizardly old guy with the dusty tome in front of him tries to tell me. It has something to do with Angels coming down to earth and sharing their magic with everyone. I play an ancient statue that can replace body parts as upgrades. I use a flamethrower to roast elves and talk about directives from my creators. I go out and search for Sarah Connor. Who needs the crappy story when you can make it up yourself.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #544 on: October 27, 2008, 10:36:27 AM

Infinite Undiscovery got kicked to the curb by Fable II.

Considering all the upcoming games I'm not sure when I will make it back to IU.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #545 on: October 27, 2008, 11:00:27 PM

- Trackmania
- cs 1.6

Bored of cod4, back to cs.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #546 on: October 27, 2008, 11:54:49 PM

Trackmania is wonderful. Or would be if it didn't have Starforce.
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #547 on: October 29, 2008, 02:57:45 AM

Trackmania is wonderful. Or would be if it didn't have Starforce.
I don't think it does. I got the free one from steam, don't see any starforce.

Or, AM I BLIND?  swamp poop
Strazos

Reply #548 on: October 29, 2008, 04:04:26 PM

Demo =! full version

Fear the Backstab!
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #549 on: October 30, 2008, 05:33:00 AM

yessir
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #550 on: November 01, 2008, 10:00:26 PM

Dead Space [PC] ... "giggity++".
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin [DS] ... damn thing locks up on me rarely when casting Bible and pisses me off.
Little Big Planet [PS3] ... bought an Eye and a third controller today just for this game.
Fallout 3 [360] ... I frown every time I hear a line of dialog or sound effect lifted directly from Oblivion.  I smile every time I dismember someone.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #551 on: November 03, 2008, 07:11:02 AM

Fallout 3
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #552 on: November 03, 2008, 07:16:37 AM

Fallout 3, second try, now with 100% more English language.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #553 on: November 03, 2008, 09:53:55 AM

Picked up Far Cry 2 for PC over the weekend and sunk many hours into it, fantastic game - is no one else playing? I didn't notice a main thread for it.

Still enjoying Fable 2 and Saints Row 2. Can't remember the last time I had so many great games to play all at once. It's wearing my wife out. My kids just know me as "that guy that sits in front of a screen" these days.
Rasix

Reply #554 on: November 03, 2008, 09:59:06 AM

Picked up Far Cry 2 for PC over the weekend and sunk many hours into it, fantastic game - is no one else playing? I didn't notice a main thread for it.

Still enjoying Fable 2 and Saints Row 2. Can't remember the last time I had so many great games to play all at once. It's wearing my wife out. My kids just know me as "that guy that sits in front of a screen" these days.

Heh, a lot of stuff I want to buy is going to stay on store shelves for the moment.  Not hurting for cash, but I find myself in a situation where feel the need to strengthen my cash reserves.

In that vein, Fallout 3 right now has my full attention.  I have Uncharted (borrowed from a friend) for when I'm finished with that title.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #555 on: November 03, 2008, 11:23:54 AM

I was wary of it not being developed by Crytek. How does it stack up against the two Crysis games? I enjoyed Far Cry alot (on cheat mode).

I've been hurting for cash for a while now, and time is always a crunch. Since I've started dedicating more time to guitar, that's got to come out of gaming time, which was only about an hour a night anyway. I did black out the living room for saturday morning Fallout 3 for like three hours. Most contiguous gaming I've done since last winter.

More for the short-term radar thread, but I might get the EQ2 expansion. Definitely getting GTA4 in december and probably Saints Row 2 in january, since I like the random driving around and messing with stuff aspects. Possibly Sacred 2.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #556 on: November 03, 2008, 01:00:30 PM

I was wary of it not being developed by Crytek. How does it stack up against the two Crysis games? I enjoyed Far Cry alot (on cheat mode).

Haven't played either Crysis so I couldn't tell you. And it's really "Far Cry" in name only, I guess just for the brand recognition.

I think they've done the whole open-world nonlinear environment really well. The game is gorgeous (and runs really smooth on my modest machine) and the environment itself is just fun to be in. It is definitely one of those player-directed kind of games, if you just want to just go from mission to mission and beat the game you'll be kind of bypassing what the game is really about (and probably get frustrated by travel times and dealing with patrols/checkpoints). It's fun to just take your time in the game, explore, collect diamond caches, and think of creative ways to kill all the angry men that will shoot you on sight, while soaking in the ambiance of the lush gameworld.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #557 on: November 06, 2008, 11:56:35 AM

Valkyria Chronicles <3
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #558 on: November 06, 2008, 09:29:00 PM

Fallout 3, Guitar Hero World Tour, Dragon Quest 4.

Once I get a few bucks 30 dollars for Orange Box and 30 for Mass Effect seems likely.

Getting back to Icewind Dale is a priority, as is eventually getting to Neverwinter Nights 2 and its expansions.  Snow Leopard OSX 10.6 and I will.

Not to mention all the rad stuff released on XBLA and Wii Ware/VC.

MY ASS IS BUSY.  Even moreso since I am making (poor) attempts at getting a life.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #559 on: November 07, 2008, 06:12:07 AM

A really long time ago, years and years, when we first moved to the US and got Comcast, they had this deal with Fileplanet.  If you had Comcast, you could have all the Fileplanet stuff - Insider, Founder's thingy, etc. - for free.  Well, that got discontinued and Comcast even shut down that Game whatever it was called whatchamahootsie, but they never turned it off so I still had it all for free.  A couple of months ago or so, we even discontinued Comcast and I still have all that stuff for free.  Anyway, I keep getting all these hit points stacked up and I decided, just in case it goes poof! soon, to use them.  Gordon had downloaded Deus Ex, I just downloaded Painkiller, Overdose, Beyond Good and Evil and The Awakened.  I don't know much about them except I'm pretty sure you have to put up with having a dick to play them.  I STILL HAVE 1200 HIT POINTS.  Bloody Hell.  I can't use these things up!

If they don't suddenly discontinue me, they'll plop down a bunch more hit points soon, I think.  They do that.  So here's a list of what they have left.  I've removed the ones we've downloaded - well, mostly me - and the games that we already have. 

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
HitPoints: 600

RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2: Wacky Worlds
HitPoints: 300

Driver™

Atari: 80 Classic Games in One
HitPoints: 500

Deer Hunter® 2004
HitPoints: 400

RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2

GUN
HitPoints: 350

Hitman: Blood Money

Praetorians

Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord

CRC 2005

Tomb Raider: Chronicles

Deus Ex: Invisible War

Thief: Deadly Shadows

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

Commandos 3: Destination Berlin

Marine Park Empire

Combat Mission: Afrika Korps

Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin

X2 - The Threat

Nemesis of the Roman Empire
HitPoints: 200

Strategic Command: European Theater

Commandos 2: Men of Courage

Singles - Flirt up your Life

Buccaneer's Bounty

Neighbors from Hell: On Vacation

I don't know why I suddenly got upset with hit points.  I've ignored them for the last six years!  I'm becoming paranoid, I think.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: