Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172759 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #420 on: September 03, 2008, 04:03:10 PM

Azazel, I think you just managed to pick the two most boring things in that folder besides The Guild 2.

But then, it's not a very exciting folder. Finish Bioshock, Battlefront, and all the other shitty games in there and uninstall them forever.

As for a sim game, I'd play Patrician III. I've been meaning to reinstall that myself. I think I'll do that tonight.

Edit: In other words, I agree with Azazel, just so you can uninstall them. HAR. Sometimes uninstalling is better than playing!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #421 on: September 03, 2008, 04:30:36 PM

I'd pick Kohan 2. It's awesome and pretty different from most of the other games in the genre. Speaking of which, I'll reinstall my own copy.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #422 on: September 03, 2008, 08:16:52 PM

Oh bollocks. Well, kinda.

As I said, SWBF2 is a good game for a single playthrough. It's a mindless but fun, short FPS. Probably a lot more fun if you like Star Wars, which fortunately, I do. (and if you don't why would you buy it?  swamp poop)

And yeah. Once it's finished, you can uninstall it.

Pirates on the other hand is a modern update of a classic, that still holds up well. Not as good as it was back in the day, but worth a playthrough, especially if you've never played it. I keep it installed, and every now and then every couple of months I play it for a couple of days. Then I forget about it again for a couple months, rinse, repeat. Play it for a week or so, then put it into low rotation and it's perfectly fine.

And yes, then you can choose another two games for high rotation...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: September 03, 2008, 08:36:19 PM

But then, it's not a very exciting folder.

I've always tended towards "boring" games. Playing Atari and Nintendo never did develop my reflexes like it did the other kids. By 9th grade I spent more time with wargames from SSI and SSG.

Some of the games I play now are literally played with spreadsheets.

I played SWBF2 a bit before, so I'll dabble in it, and try Medieval II for opposition. (I played the original Kohan almost all the way through, and really enjoyed it, but I've barely touched the Total War games.)

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #424 on: September 03, 2008, 11:29:40 PM

I just picked up Rome: Total War the Complete Pack off of Steam for $30. That's the original game, Barbarian Invasions, and Hannibal all together. I'm utterly loving it. Its really not that much more graphically behind than Medieval Total War. There's slightly less detail in the units, but from a slight distance, the effect is quite similar. Also, I just love the period more than medieval warfare. There's just something awesome about a full phalanx of legionnaires turtling up around a full enemy cavalry charge and surviving the blows till your own cavalry pinches the rear of the enemy cavalry from behind.

I still haven't played any of the Barbarian Invasion or Hannibal pack yet, since I'm still crushing northern Europe with the Julii, but I can't wait to get to the Elephant attack :)

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: September 04, 2008, 02:28:50 AM

I'd pick Kohan 2. It's awesome and pretty different from most of the other games in the genre.

Kohan 2 was frickin great, I loved it.  It always bums me out when I think about the fact we'll probably never get another iteration as I really liked the first two.

I'm going to take back my statement regarding WoW at 70.  Since discovering battlegrounds I've had a pretty good time with the game.  I like fact I can log in for an hour or two here and there and actually earn some honor.  On the other hand it's going to take me 6 months to purchase a piece of gear through rewards.  Until then I just think of it as DoD:S with swords and gay elves.

Mostly though I've been playing Disgaea 3 and Mercs 2.  They were my most anticipated games of the year and they both deliver in spades.  Between the two I'm having trouble deciding what to play.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #426 on: September 04, 2008, 02:37:16 AM

Finished Saints Row. Going to go and (re)start Just Cause now. Haven't bothered touching Dark Messiah of MM in months. (Re)Playing a touch of CoD4 now and then as well as a touch of BF2 online now and then as well.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: September 04, 2008, 08:16:51 AM

Playing Disgaea 3, and Tales of Vesperia at the moment.  Disgaea's a blast, and Vesperia's actually fun so far too.  Though, having not played a 360 game in awhile, I'd forgotten how damn noisy the thing can be. 
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: September 04, 2008, 09:57:19 AM

Castle Crashers is taking up most of my couch gaming time.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #429 on: September 04, 2008, 10:14:55 AM

I'm playing Create Spreadsheets for my Boss.   swamp poop

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #430 on: September 04, 2008, 01:41:46 PM

Disgaea 3
Oblivion
Final Fantasy IV DS
Castle Crashers

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: September 04, 2008, 03:39:17 PM

I'd pick Kohan 2. It's awesome and pretty different from most of the other games in the genre.

Kohan 2 was frickin great, I loved it.  It always bums me out when I think about the fact we'll probably never get another iteration as I really liked the first two.

I loved Kohan.

What is Timegate up to these days?

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #432 on: September 04, 2008, 04:24:37 PM

They're working on a Unreal Engine 3 FPS game and some sorta MMO-type thing.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: September 04, 2008, 06:51:27 PM

They're working on a Unreal Engine 3 FPS game and some sorta MMO-type thing.

Several FEAR expansions and Section 8.

The MMG has been a gleam in their eye for some time. I interviewed for a position on the preproduction team four years ago.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: September 05, 2008, 08:28:53 AM

So I really, really, really want to play Elite.

Apart from the obvious answer, what's a man to do ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: September 05, 2008, 01:16:49 PM

So I really, really, really want to play Elite.

Apart from the obvious answer, what's a man to do ?

Play Freelancer?

Sorry, that's just plain CRUEL of me to say.

And I am almost done with Sword of Vermilion and can maybe play something good next. 
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #436 on: September 05, 2008, 01:46:37 PM

Ironwood, cross your fingers for gog.com?

I'm finally playing through Jade Empire. I'm such a Bioware fanboi, it's a great game. Some really funny stuff in there.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #437 on: September 08, 2008, 10:41:59 PM

Still Disgaea 3, Final Fantasy IV DS and Oblivion... and LOTRO.  I got tired of EVE more quickly than usual and find myself in an unstoppable hobbity PVE mood.  I'm a farmer!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: September 09, 2008, 12:16:34 PM

Vermilion is complete.  And god why did I waste my time on it?  What was an interesting experiment for 90-91 is pretty much a primitive borefest now.

But I am keeping the old gaming going.  Hooked my Dreamcast back up (man I need S Video for it... HDTVS have no love for old systems.  They all look bad on them to various levels..)
and got some gaming going.  A little Crazy Taxi 2 this weekend, some Capcom vs SNK, and Evolution 2 which is a fun but simple RPG.

But seriously.  DO NOT play Marvel vs Capcom 2 with composite.  It looks like someone put a coating of vaseline over the screen.

At least S Video cables are cheap for the DC.  S Video did wonders for the Saturn.  See pixels and everything.  Too bad my reason for getting it (to play Super Robot Taisen F) lasted 2-3 sessions after that before I couldn't stand the interface anymore.  Banpresto is like freaking EA with sports games.  They merely inch the game design forward even though some of the shit that should have been standard didnt show up for close to 15 years after the series began!

schild
Administrator

Reply #439 on: September 09, 2008, 12:28:31 PM

Do yourself a favor and get an aftermarket VGA adapter. S-Video is only going to add a luminance channel and it'll still look like dick and a half.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #440 on: September 10, 2008, 09:13:44 AM

Do yourself a favor and get an aftermarket VGA adapter. S-Video is only going to add a luminance channel and it'll still look like dick and a half.

If I weren't at work right now I'd show you a picture of a "VGA adapter".  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #441 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:36 AM

If I weren't at work right now I'd show you a picture of a "VGA adapter".  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

I..

I am strangely curious about where that was going.
schild
Administrator

Reply #442 on: September 10, 2008, 10:24:34 AM

I know here it was going.

Anyway, I'm playing Lock's Quest on the DS among other things. It's not bad, it's not great either.
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: September 10, 2008, 03:23:44 PM

Someone hijacked my fucking WoW account last night.  Dog fucking mother fuckers can kiss my ass!!! Mob

So...  that gives me time to play more Disgaea 3. 

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #444 on: September 11, 2008, 08:11:06 AM

Fuck, does DQ9 really come out next Tuesday?
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #445 on: September 11, 2008, 08:23:49 AM

DQ IV does, I know that much.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: September 11, 2008, 08:28:20 AM

Went to best Buy for Spore and ended up getting Infinite Undiscovery on Monday because they were out of Spore and I've been jonesing for some CRPG XBOX play.

So far it's been pretty fucking annoying, it uses save points and it can be a LONG time between saves, at the beginning at least, so technically I'm only 15 minutes into the game after several hours of play.   ACK!

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: September 11, 2008, 08:55:46 AM

Speaking of saves, I'm playing a bit of Dead Rising for the first time, and while I dig the premise of the game, the save system is pissing me right the fuck off.  Am I doing it wrong?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #448 on: September 11, 2008, 09:08:52 AM

Possibly.  Do not reload from a save game in Dead Rising.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: September 11, 2008, 10:26:34 AM

Yeah, I learned that one the hard way already Cry

But what I'm really talking about is the general lack of good save points, as the story flows.  It just seems that the only save points available after an arc completes are way on the opposite side of the mall.  Or something.  I keep running towards possible save points only to find that the door is locked or welded shut (often after having to kill a fuckton of zombies to find out this info).  I also don't get why I can't seem to get back to the security room, where I am supposedly meant to be delivering my charges.  I don't love the map, either.

Oh well, I suppose I will figure it out.  Either that or run halfway across the mall everytime I need to save.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #450 on: September 11, 2008, 12:16:26 PM

Everything you need is always on the other end of the mall.  This is true even in video games.  Be sure to bring your katana or uzi.  There is a shotgun in the initial area, underneath a wad of feeding zombies at the base of the big bee.  Clear'em out with a bench, get the shotgun and then move on to the next part.

I also suggest you tell the survivors to go fuck themselves.  Makes the game much more enjoyable.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: September 11, 2008, 05:16:44 PM

Is the Dragon Quest 4 for the US, or for Moonspeak Land?

If its US I am all over that shit.  Even though I might find time to play it by, oh, 2012 or so.  And that's with me being cheap and barely buying any games anymore...
schild
Administrator

Reply #452 on: September 11, 2008, 05:30:11 PM

US.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: September 12, 2008, 07:48:31 PM

I've been playing UFO Defense (as per that thread) and enjoyed it so much I paid for the Steam pack shit. However that was entirely not worth it. Apoc is the only thing in ther ehalf good and it realy is pretty shit. The tactical mode is just balls when you have complicated maps.

So now I'm playing Fallout 2. I thought I played this when it came out but I remember nothing, so I think maybe it didn't. It's awesome (duh).
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #454 on: September 18, 2008, 10:56:06 AM

So I finally started fiddling with Fate:  Undiscovered Thingy even though I bought it AGES ago.  Does anyone know if the UI mods for Fate also work for this one?  I'm not going to use them yet, but you never know when you might find the urge to spice things up or cheat or sommat.  You know, for a laugh.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: