Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:53:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2173186 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #385 on: August 29, 2008, 12:51:12 PM

Talk to me about loot Yegolev. Would this tickle my lootbone?
Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: August 29, 2008, 01:06:17 PM

I think i have a small addiction to The Last Guy.  I spent wwaaayy too long on the Washington, DC level (the mall). fucking trees covering up teh wandering monsters.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #387 on: August 29, 2008, 01:40:26 PM

Talk to me about loot Yegolev. Would this tickle my lootbone?

That needed a reinforcement.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #388 on: August 29, 2008, 01:41:27 PM

Too Human and loot... that's the tricky bit. It's entirely probable that it will work for you, but the litmus test is the demo. You see every gameplay element in the demo.

Otherwise you have your staples in replayable areas and random loot and runes. There are also charms that require runes to activate and are interesting in that you activate them by accomplishing "quests" such as killing 200 enemies with a Ruiner attack. Once you do that you get the effect, and can equip two of them. To activate a Tier 2 charm, you have to socket X number of Tier 1 charms into it as well as whatever the quest thingy is.  I find charms to be kind of weak.

There are regular loot drops which sadly become less relevant as you level due to blueprints. Blueprints are essentially item drops that you have to "craft", which is quoted because you only need enough cash to make the item. In practice it just adds another layer before you can use the item.

In comparison to D2:LoD, it's shorter but far more attractive.  It's a good diversion, that's for sure, and in combat I always feel super-powerful unless I am rushing the main story. Is it worth $60? More like $50, really.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #389 on: August 29, 2008, 01:42:29 PM

I'm probably going to wait for Sacred 2 then.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #390 on: August 29, 2008, 01:44:28 PM

If you are either budget-minded or Old School, then yes.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: August 29, 2008, 01:45:40 PM

Finally playing Mask of the Betrayer. I know it's Obsidian and as usual (at least from what I've read) probably 2/3 of a good game. But... I'm dying for some RPG and it's been sitting in the box for quite a while now, so I threw it in the machine (Dwarven fighter/Weaponmaster/Defender if anyone is actually curious). From the interviews, I'm also looking forward to the next NWN2 expansion pack, so that kind of renewed my desire to play it. I think Obsidian can do great things in the RPG world, but have never been given the time to do it. I've been convinced that KotOR2 would have been epic if given more time.

Anyways... that's what I'm playing atm...
schild
Administrator

Reply #392 on: August 29, 2008, 01:48:07 PM

If you are either budget-minded or Old School, then yes.
Sacred is a straight up Diablo Clone, not necessarily old-school, just 'school.' Budget though? Whu? I thought it was $50.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #393 on: August 29, 2008, 03:44:49 PM

I don't know how much Sacred 2 will cost, but Too Human is $60.  I kinda feel like it's a $45 title, unless there's some juicy DL content.  My synopsis might have seemed negative, however it's more than enough fun to compensate, for me.  You, schild, are more of a stickler.  The controls might throw you, or the story, or the ring-inventory.  Really, play the demo and you'll know if you want it or not.  It's not much more complex than that.

I don't know how much time Obsidian needed to craft a sequel to a game where they didn't have to do much, if any, alteration on the engine and little in the way of art.

schild
Administrator

Reply #394 on: August 29, 2008, 04:28:49 PM

I got Too Human for $5 by returning an unopened game without a receipt. It better be worth $5.

Gonna trade my second unopened game into Target and get Spore. Winner is me.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #395 on: August 29, 2008, 04:32:39 PM

I got Too Human for $5 by returning an unopened game without a receipt. It better be worth $5.

Hehe.  So Target does exchanges like that?  Where else?
schild
Administrator

Reply #396 on: August 29, 2008, 04:33:30 PM

Walmart, Target, wherever. Gamestop if you shop there enough. Costco is great also, but their selection is questionable, you need to know what you're after.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #397 on: August 29, 2008, 04:37:01 PM

A winner is you!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #398 on: August 29, 2008, 06:30:25 PM

As of sometime today, I think, you can pre-order Sacred 2 on Amazon.com.  Is there no US collector's edition?  I could get a Euro one, I guess.  I don't even know what's in the CE.  I usually only buy ones that have something nice in-game.  I can't tell you how many silly little miniatures and other weird stuff I've stomped on and tossed in the rubbish in anger due to the lack of cool in-game shit.  I'm trying to keep my stress levels down, too.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #399 on: August 29, 2008, 08:30:32 PM

We put the new furniture on the credit card so we could defer the payment until this paycheck. Paid it off today and it bumped my rewards just high enough to qualify for another $50 amazon card.

Thanks, credit card. Free Spore!

Credit card companies hate people like me.
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: August 29, 2008, 11:03:27 PM

Finally, after 3 years of flirting with it, I made level 70 with my Priest in WoW.  Holy shit does WoW suck at 70.  There doesn't seem to be much to do other than grind rep, PvP, or wait for my silly little guild to get their shit together and do Kara.  Zzzzzzzzz...

I have 4 days off and plan to devote them to Disgaea 3.  I fucking love Disgaea.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #401 on: September 02, 2008, 10:07:33 PM

Finally, after 3 years of flirting with it, I made level 70 with my Priest in WoW.

You haven't aged as much as you think, you've only been flirting with 61-70 for 18 months.

I agree, WoW at 70 without having been 70 through the TBC era is the suck. They need to fix this with The Melting Polar Ice Caps or whatever that second expansion is called.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: September 03, 2008, 12:06:16 AM

I tried the demo for Eschalon Book 1.  Its pretty good for an indies RPG.  I may buy it.  Which means I have two, two, TWO indies games that run on the Mac to buy.

I have made it further in Sword of Vermillion to about the halfway point.  The idea of having to reach the end sort of scares me.  Its got action RPG combat, except the combat.. really sux.

So its either buy some indies shareware games, or work on some of my other games.  Im plagued with indecision.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #403 on: September 03, 2008, 12:11:55 AM

Castle Crashers.  Really about all I have time for given how terrible work's been lately.

Still, it's fine little game. I love the art style, and this game brings back all the right memories of Final Fight and the AD&D beat'em ups in the arcades.  Odd considering I hated Alien Hominid.  I hear the game is a bit buggy, but I've yet to run into any yet.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: September 03, 2008, 07:15:58 AM

I think I only made it halfway through Sword of Vermillion on the genesis when it came out. I liked Joe Montana Football, but the other console titles solidified my pro-pc stance (though it was a C64 at the time). I did like Battlemaster for some reason, fun and quirky.

Playing a ridiculous game as Rome on Islands that had me mass-nuking Germany. Didn't realize every nuke gave me -1 relations with anyone friendly with Germany (all but two weak civs), so now the world is furious with me. But I've been stockpiling the shit out of nukes and can pump them out of my biggest cities every 2-4 turns. I think I have me a 'nuke the world' game on my hands.

Kinda got bored after 60+ nukes, so I played a little Jade Empire. Forgot I needed to finish that one so I started a new game.

Just waiting for Spore, mostly.  why so serious?
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: September 03, 2008, 09:49:16 AM

Pick my next game!

After a few weeks of intensive LotRO (It was summer festival. I wanted wallpaper and vegetable gardens. STOP FUCKING STARING AT ME.) I feel the need to take some time off and do something else, lest I get burned out.

I've installed a shit-ton of games on the new machine, most of which I never played or barely played. There's too many to wrap my head around, too many directions I want to go in... so I'd like suggestions. Caveat, I haven't tested to see if all these in Vista-64. I've already found games from publishers small (Darkstar One) and large (Act of War: Direct Action) that won't run.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #406 on: September 03, 2008, 10:04:37 AM

Just got the bridge to the mountains built in Harvest Moon, Island of Happiness so now I can burn through all my stamina mining ore when it's winter. Think I'll knock up my cow and build the bridge to the jungle next.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #407 on: September 03, 2008, 10:20:26 AM

Man Stormwaltz you buy lots of bad sims.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: September 03, 2008, 10:24:07 AM

I wouldn't have to if they'd make more good ones...

- Henry Cobb
schild
Administrator

Reply #409 on: September 03, 2008, 10:25:04 AM

Speaking of bad sim titles, I need to get Anno 1701 gold.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #410 on: September 03, 2008, 11:24:17 AM

I wouldn't have to if they'd make more good ones...

Why don't I spy Europa 1400: The Guild on that list? And dear god, not The Guild 2. NOT 2.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: September 03, 2008, 11:33:37 AM

I hear Mass Effect sucks, stay away from that one  why so serious?

I've toyed with the idea of 1701 Gold. I liked the first couple once I figured out how to set up build order so I didn't get tool-deprived and lose early. New one looks a bit too user-friendly if that's possible with the Anno series. I've played the demo a couple times and can't work up much caring.

When I started playing JE, the next disc on the list was Thief:DS. Look for the texture upgrades, very nice touch. If I had blinds on my french doors, I'd have played that instead (too much sun).

Pirates! is fun. I saw it at walmart as a $10 jewel case dealie. I've got X2 or X3, I'd like to surmount the curve on that, but with Spore around the corner, there's no way. I also have the Guild 2, very quirky and never got past the tutorials on it.

I vote for Sid Meier's SimGolf!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #412 on: September 03, 2008, 11:34:21 AM

Stormwaltz, I'd suggest Medieval 2. That games kicks all kinds of ass. I need to get back to it, but I've been grinding away at unlocks on BF2142.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: September 03, 2008, 12:42:24 PM

Why don't I spy Europa 1400: The Guild on that list?

I've got that too, actually, just not installed.

- Henry Cobb
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #414 on: September 03, 2008, 12:54:07 PM

Why don't I spy Europa 1400: The Guild on that list?

I've got that too, actually, just not installed.

What server for LoTRO do you play?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: September 03, 2008, 01:25:45 PM

What server for LoTRO do you play?

Gladden.

Mayda - 46 Lore-Master
Maessa - 22 Captain
Celefinnel - 20 Hunter

- Henry Cobb
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #416 on: September 03, 2008, 01:34:27 PM

A few f13 folk are rolling/transferring characters to Brandywine.  Just sayin'.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: September 03, 2008, 01:37:23 PM

I saw, but I'm part of a small kin of ex-AC1 players. I don't really want to move. :/

- Henry Cobb
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #418 on: September 03, 2008, 02:47:16 PM

I've been playing CoX again now and then.  Missions now and then but only so I get stuff to play the Auction House.  Mostly I'm still playing with socks, though.  I paint eyes on them and sometimes try and talk to my kitties.  They usually get upset and run off so I mostly just have my hands talk to each other in silly voices.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #419 on: September 03, 2008, 03:58:59 PM

Pick my next game!

I suggest you use the method I do. Play two games at once. One "visceral" game that you can drop in and out of, and one "thinking" game. This way you can bounce in and out of each, depending on your mood at the time.

For the visceral game, I'd actually suggest Star Wars Battlefront 2, despite the fact that I doubt anyone else would suggest it up front. This is because the SP campaign is actually pretty fun, and you'll finish the whole game in a week easily, even if you're not h4rdc0r3 about playing it. The MP/Online community for it is pretty much dead, and it's not that oarsome anyway online, so you can skip that aspect entirely.

This way, in a week you'll have played it, enjoyed it, and be done with it and you will be able to choose another "visceral" game. BF2 or 2142 or something, if you're still in a FPS mood.

Of your thinking games, most of the ones that I've got that you also have I haven't gotten around to playing, either. I'd suggest Sid Meier's Pirates! since it's good fun, though it's a pretty much open-ended sandbox, so it's a game you can play for a long time without ever "finishing".

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: