Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172689 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #12600 on: May 21, 2018, 08:50:40 AM

I tried to get into God of War over the weekend but didn't like the combat at all.  Way too much mashing the shoulder buttons.  Does that ever get better?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #12601 on: May 21, 2018, 09:01:44 AM

768 hours into Rocket League and it's still the only game I play regularly. Holy cow thats a lot. And I still suck.

- Viin
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #12602 on: May 21, 2018, 09:02:57 AM

768 hours into Rocket League and it's still the only game I play regularly. Holy cow thats a lot. And I still suck.

No way man, I've gotten way better than when we played last year.  I peaked around Diamond 3.  At this point I need to (1) practice separately to get better at stuff or (2) performance enhancing drugs.

It's still probably the most fun game I play. 
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12603 on: May 21, 2018, 09:03:05 AM

Yeah, it does. Game is a little stilted combat-wise until you start making it to the point where you have a bit more freedom. About 4 hours in, give or take an hour. At the point where I am now, it's really just a fun game to play.  I'll admit that due to really doing a lot of the side content, I'm a bit overpowered at this point in the story.

-Rasix
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #12604 on: May 21, 2018, 11:12:52 AM

You can switch combat to the face button scheme if you want, I played that way for a little while but ended up back on the shoulder buttons so that I could move the camera.

I thought I was going to Platinum God of War but the  stuff kind of burned me out.  I'll probably go back and finish it off at some point but I needed a break.

Currently playing Into the Breach.  My first few runs through were fun, I don't know if there is enough variety to hold my attention very long though.  I need to try a few of the other squads and see how much different it makes the game.  I can appreciate how they keep the game moving with only 3 units but at the same time I think the game could be a lot deeper if it had fewer longer matches with more units.  Maybe I should just go play Advance Wars again.

Also playing Beyond Two Souls.  I like it, but I'm also glad it was free through PS Plus.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12605 on: May 22, 2018, 10:46:34 AM

I started up Beyond as well and am also glad it was free.

Finished (more or less) FarCry 5 and my wife is now into FarCry.  I dusted off a FC Primal disk that I hadn't ever booted up, but she's more into FC4.  I like how colorful 4 is, and it's also nice that you're not constantly surrounded by a raging hurricane of enemies like in 5.

I scrolled through all the games installed on my PS4 and ended up playing AC Origins last night. I'm just not ready to put a lot of effort into a game right now.

I'm hoping to spend time with (and enjoy) Gorgora tonight.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12606 on: May 24, 2018, 06:13:26 AM

What's the chat on Remastered ?  Is it the Dark Souls you all wanted or is it just a shit patch ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
lesion

Reply #12607 on: May 24, 2018, 07:25:23 AM

I don't have it (yet?) but this sounds exactly right:
Most of the criticisms leveled at the remastered version are valid, this really does feel like $ 20 patch ( a bad patch might I add, since bugs and exploits are still present). With that being said, I was only interested in a stable 60 FPS and a network system similar to the one present in DS3 and bloodborne, and that's what I got. Worth a buy if your interests happen to allign with mine.

I'm content to play through Deadfire (again (again)) instead of get ass-smashed by Dark Souls script kiddies
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:27:19 AM by lesion »

steam|a grue \[T]/
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12608 on: May 24, 2018, 11:59:53 AM

Perhaps predictably, Deathwing is crap.  It is even worse than our usual low standards for co-op ways to pass time.  Avoid.

Played Gogora all the way though.  I enjoyed it immensely and got my money's worth.  YMMV.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12609 on: May 24, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

You mean the Space Hulk one ?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12610 on: May 24, 2018, 12:45:21 PM

Very same.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #12611 on: May 30, 2018, 07:06:40 PM

So is Pillars of Eternity 2 a ok game, or just more of the same from Obsidian?
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #12612 on: June 01, 2018, 06:53:55 AM

Yes in both accounts.

If you didn't like their other games, this one won't change your mind. If you liked them but were annoyed by small things, you might find those small things improved upon.
lesion

Reply #12613 on: June 01, 2018, 08:19:57 AM

I feel like it's vastly improved personally. I didn't even finish my first PoE playthrough until I had let it sit for months, and I'm already three plays in with Deadfire (thanks, allergies).

Multi-classing, pirates, sacrificing party members to skeletons for giggles, cats, pirates, cannibals, dual pistols being horrible because they don't make sense but look cool, magic soul-talkin', druggie monk being a class, pirates. Fuck. I like it a lot.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12614 on: June 01, 2018, 12:28:21 PM

I might have simply embraced Warfarm as a casual waste of time.  I have decided that there are not very many, if any, things to do that are wastes of game-time except maybe transmuting mods. This helps me not worry about what I SHOULD BE DOING RIGHT NOW in the game.  Some of us (there are only two of us) are worrying that we will need more than two people in clan to progress further.

Similar approach to Stardew Valley.  Forcing myself to not OPTIMIZE CORN GROWTH is therapeutic.  Waste a day shaking trees?  More like day well spent.

Other things include FarCry 4 and AC Origins.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12615 on: June 01, 2018, 12:34:30 PM

I was way more zen in State of Decay 2 until I realized it was really starting to amp up the spawns as the weeks dragged on. Part of me wants to just drag that on forever as loot doesn't respawn, so you'd pick the entire map clean and have to rely on your base and limited outposts for any new stuff and the increasing zombie counts just overwhelm your resources. Basically a kind of iron man 'how many days can you last' thing.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #12616 on: June 01, 2018, 01:06:20 PM

I’ve been trying out the Mario Tennis Aces tournament demo and it’s very disappointing. Matchmaking is very bad, I get regularly matched to players with a vastly higher tournament score than me that I have absolutely no chance against. Netcode is shit as well. If the connection indicator is low you can’t even move or return a ball reliably.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #12617 on: June 03, 2018, 06:15:22 PM

I'm playing a bunch of stuff, but also keeping my eye on the Vampyr reviews. Initial plays on Twitch look somewhat interesting.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12618 on: June 04, 2018, 03:21:07 AM

Playing Stellaris again and it's like the AI had a lobotomy.  The whole game was easy AF.  So, I just bought the Robot expansion and played through as a murder machine that keeps humies as pets.  I also noticed that my default game had 'Idiot AI' and 'No, it's going to stay idiot the entire game' which made the previous game a little more clear.

Murder Machine expansion is fun, but I'm like, er…. is that it ?  One of the problems of making all the 'rest' of the stuff free in the base game is that when you do fork out cash, it really feels like you got diddled.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #12619 on: June 04, 2018, 03:33:41 AM

I am trying to play too many things at once but mostly I am back to Black Desert.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12620 on: June 04, 2018, 08:15:33 AM

Playing SO MUCH Conan Exiles with my RL buddies on a private server. This game has hooked me like no MMOG has in fucking years.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #12621 on: June 08, 2018, 10:59:11 AM

I want to have a tough conversation with the team that wrote the story for FarCry 5. I know the story goes very stupid towards the end but for now I'm having a tough time getting through the Faith/Bliss portions.

All they had to do was make it a prepper cult, why the mystical drug goofy crap? I just want to roam the country and take down some cultists. But no, I have the constant ghost chatter showing up and distracting me. Dumb dumb dumb.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12622 on: June 08, 2018, 12:40:41 PM

That reminds me, I have to check if I got the DLCs for that. The Vietnam one looks interesting. Too deep into SoD2 right now, though. It's just about perfect for my gaming session lengths. Too perfect, I need to get my ass in the studio more regularly.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12623 on: June 08, 2018, 01:19:26 PM

Disliking the story and protagonist motivations are a hallmark of the FarCry series.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12624 on: June 08, 2018, 05:54:08 PM

Disliking the story and protagonist motivations are a hallmark of the FarCry series.

The last few have had interesting antagonists wrapped up in stupid stories.  I took a break for a bit, but will definitely be powering through the Faith zone to get it over with when I start back up.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12625 on: June 08, 2018, 08:33:02 PM

I stand by my earlier assessment that the best character in Far Cry 5 was the randomized npc I used for most of the game as a companion, Amy the overweight white trash broad with the mouth of a dirty dirty angel. "Let's fuck some shit up!" It was like being a kid in Coonrod again.

I actually grew up in a place called Coonrod.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #12626 on: June 17, 2018, 12:08:52 PM

After all talk I finally started playing the last of us. Its one of those games I heard so much about and never could play because I didnt have a console, except now I do own a console.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #12627 on: June 17, 2018, 02:37:54 PM

After all talk I finally started playing the last of us. Its one of those games I heard so much about and never could play because I didnt have a console, except now I do own a console.

Just bear in mind that the game is quite a few years old at this point, so later games have surpassed it in a lot of gameplay specific ways. But in some ways it's still ahead of its time -- for instance about halfway through I realized that I was actually watching the character faces during dialog like I would a movie. There is actually nuance and meaning communicated through subtle expression changes.

Even Horizon Zero Dawn couldn't pull that off consistently.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12628 on: June 17, 2018, 02:45:36 PM

Just bear in mind that the game is quite a few years old at this point, so later games have surpassed it in a lot of gameplay specific ways. But in some ways it's still ahead of its time -- for instance about halfway through I realized that I was actually watching the character faces during dialog like I would a movie. There is actually nuance and meaning communicated through subtle expression changes.

Even Horizon Zero Dawn couldn't pull that off consistently.

Naughty Dog has always excelled here. Even back in Uncharted 1, Nathan was extremely emotive.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12629 on: June 18, 2018, 09:49:28 AM

Still totally digging State of Decay 2. Solid sandbox to dick around in. Great emergent stuff crops up pretty regularly.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12630 on: June 18, 2018, 11:20:41 AM

Asking for a casual gaming friend: She just found out Marvel Heroes was cancelled and had planned on playing it a bit (she's played on and off since launch). She likes Diablo 1 & 2 but didn't like 3 on launch (loot system less fun and too EVERYTHING IS EVIL aesthetic (her words)).

I recommended Path of Exile, any other suggestions?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12631 on: June 18, 2018, 12:24:08 PM

MH was way more casual than something like PoE. Torchlight I/II may be an option. Grim Dawn falls into the Diablo III evil aesthetic (might as well just play Diablo III).
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #12632 on: June 18, 2018, 12:30:35 PM

I recommended Path of Exile, any other suggestions?

I really liked the first Van Helsing game.  Edit - It is kind of evil I guess. 
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12633 on: June 18, 2018, 12:42:30 PM

If she's going to try Path of Exile, make sure she follows a guide.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #12634 on: June 18, 2018, 12:57:09 PM

I liked Victor Vran. It's also evil, I suppose, but also kind of silly.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: