Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:05:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172934 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12425 on: March 13, 2018, 07:39:55 AM

Going to give the Sea of Thieves final beta a whirl. An art friend is playing and the ocean graphics just looked to sweet to pass up.
This was actually fun, though I was never able to meet up with my pals thanks to, you know, having a life and whatnot. Goddamned kids.

Since you're pretty much thrown in without any tutorials at all, I made a cool looking guy, chased some chickens around trying to catch them, the next morning I learned you need a cage to catch them and ran around an island with a cage but no chickens, then I put the cage on my boat and sailed around looking for an island with chickens to chase, never did manage to catch one and complete the first mission.

The sailing was fun, a bit hectic for one person to juggle sails, plotting course and the wheel. Never did see another player (I think it bubble wraps at first), so no idea about the cannons. Graphics are nice, mix of atmospheric (sunset was intense, storms are, ehm, stormy) and stylized almost wind wakerish (the wind mechanic in particular). The wave mechanics were the star, the difference in sailing on a sunny afternoon and a stormy night were stark and amazing.

I almost bought it just based on tooling around in my little sloop because the environment was so good. If you're into ship combat and have a dedicated couple of friends to jam with (seems tuned for 2-4 players), it might be worth a shot. Rare looks to be pushing a lot of content post-release.

But I'm going back to minecraft  Cthulu
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12426 on: March 14, 2018, 05:56:01 PM

Been playing Super Mario Odyssey.  It's definitely not terrible.

Also looking forward to FarCry 5.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12427 on: March 14, 2018, 08:44:44 PM

Playing Long Dark's story mode. This game is pretty damn brutal, and this feels like the forgiving newbie mode. Fuck wolves.

Also for yuks, I'm leveling a new LoL account. It's lovely that 75% of the people I play with in co-op games are bots. I'm wondering if I should start staring into the void or put that off a while longer.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12428 on: March 15, 2018, 05:22:02 AM

Pretty Damn Brutal is an understatement.

You're going to die.

DOOOOOM.

And, yes, Story Mode is EZ mode.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12429 on: March 15, 2018, 06:39:15 AM

Playing Long Dark's story mode. This game is pretty damn brutal, and this feels like the forgiving newbie mode. Fuck wolves.

Also for yuks, I'm leveling a new LoL account. It's lovely that 75% of the people I play with in co-op games are bots. I'm wondering if I should start staring into the void or put that off a while longer.

The sooner you start playing standard games the better... sadly, that's when the toxicity reaches new highs. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12430 on: March 15, 2018, 08:54:33 AM

Do not venture into ranked ever again. I manage it because I've become a toxic fucktard in games but it is literally like staring into the yawning mouth of madness and what stares back isn't Cthulhu, but Cthulhu's 20-something stoner who is just smart enough to not be considered legally retarded, but he probably should be.

In short, this is the ranked player base.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEo_thYmg3s

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #12431 on: March 19, 2018, 10:01:14 AM

Has anyone tried Surviving Mars? It's the new Paradox game about building and running the first Martian colony. Basically a city builder and very addictive. I accidentally played it all night over the weekend and I haven't done that with a game in years. This is the 1.0 release though so expect a few bugs and annoyances. Paradox has a good record on supporting their games though so I'm not too worried.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12432 on: March 19, 2018, 02:18:27 PM

I tried, didn’t realize there was no tutorial, and stopped. Game also seems to have other issues based on some of the Steam feedback. Going to wait for the miracle patch before trying again.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #12433 on: March 19, 2018, 02:50:35 PM

I watched the youtube tutorial that Quill made and I would never have been able to figure things out without it. A miracle patch would be nice though. Later in the game weirdness start to appear and buildings stop working for no apparent reason and stuff like that. Still, it`s the best city builder I`ve played since the early Civs and SimCities.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12434 on: March 19, 2018, 07:07:24 PM

I saw a review saying 'make sure to watch someone play it before playing' and nope.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #12435 on: March 20, 2018, 11:18:48 AM

Bit late to the party but playing bloodborne now. So weird playing games sitting on a sofa

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #12436 on: March 20, 2018, 11:25:17 AM

I'm tempted to do another Bloodborne playthrough since it came out for free on PSN Plus, to help all the newbs.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #12437 on: March 20, 2018, 06:15:00 PM

I am soooo late to this party, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is RPG Jesus. I picked up a second hand PS4 a few weeks ago, relearned how controllers work, and have been shirking family, friends and real life responsibilities ever since.

Glinthawks can just go fuck themselves though.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #12438 on: March 21, 2018, 10:52:27 AM

Glinthawks can just go fuck themselves though.

Fire mods on a bow with fire arrows and they’ll drop out of the sky in a single hit.

Slowly working through Pesrona 5.  Actually worried about SMT5 because this is going to be a really hard act to follow.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12439 on: March 21, 2018, 12:25:55 PM

Somehow playing both Fortnite and Warframe at the same time.  When I just can't be bothered, it's AC Origins.

Read lots of good things and watched one or two demos of X-COM 2.  Picked it up and figured out there are timers.  I hate timers.  It's fine, though.  I think I can do it.  I already got over my issue with not letting anyone die.  I credit Mordheim for this.

Played many hours of No Man's Sky last weekend and I'm once again OK without it for a while.  I guess it's like that old girlfriend that you forget the bad traits of after a while, then you remember them and have to just abruptly fuck off during a meal.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #12440 on: March 21, 2018, 07:51:03 PM

You can mod the timers out or extend them if you find them too annoying. Basically they're there as a kinda cheap/lame way of preventing overwatch creep. Another good mod simply only has the timers start when you break concealment.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12441 on: March 21, 2018, 10:00:19 PM

I got fallout 4 and I think I'm in love. However, being me I think I screwed myself. I did a maxed out luck and Intelegence build with a bit of charisma, and I have the experience galloping up but I cant really use VATS as I've not much AP nor hit stuff reliably or carry much. I'm probably going to finish out the Minuteman line and then go for a more balanced build for my next playthrough. Its pretty fun though. Though I didnt appreciate bieng sent into Lexington and then finding myself chased in circles by waves of Ferals and then saying hi to machine-gun turrets and a guy in power armour tossing Mini Nukes.

Life is cheap in the wastelands...

Hic sunt dracones.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12442 on: March 22, 2018, 06:45:51 AM

You can mod the timers out or extend them if you find them too annoying. Basically they're there as a kinda cheap/lame way of preventing overwatch creep. Another good mod simply only has the timers start when you break concealment.

Only Master Race gets mods.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12443 on: March 22, 2018, 06:46:48 AM

I got fallout 4 and I think I'm in love. However, being me I think I screwed myself. I did a maxed out luck and Intelegence build with a bit of charisma, and I have the experience galloping up but I cant really use VATS as I've not much AP nor hit stuff reliably or carry much. I'm probably going to finish out the Minuteman line and then go for a more balanced build for my next playthrough. Its pretty fun though. Though I didnt appreciate bieng sent into Lexington and then finding myself chased in circles by waves of Ferals and then saying hi to machine-gun turrets and a guy in power armour tossing Mini Nukes.

Your problems will disappear if you play in Survival mode.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #12444 on: March 22, 2018, 07:54:35 AM

On a bit of a Stellaris bender after the new DLC hit.

Thinking about going the next step in complexity and trying Crusader Kings 2 to bide my time until the 2.0.2 patch for Stellaris goes out of Beta amd fixes the worst bugs. Or should I buy Europa Universalis 4 instead? Which is the one more friendly to people coming from the kids table of Paradox strategy games?

Rasix

Reply #12445 on: March 22, 2018, 11:53:01 AM

Still playing the same stuff: The Long Dark, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 new game +, and LoL. LoL is starting to wear thin. Just got the account where it can play most everything except ranked. Blind pick is cancer. People even find a way to flame and be toxic in ARAMs and vs. AI. Not to mention the last 2 are overrun with people botting up accounts. I've had games were I'm literally the only human being behind the computer.

Since there's a big Ubisoft sale going on, anyone recommend anything strongly? I've been looking at trying a Far Cry game since I've never played one, and I'm in the mood for some open worldly stuff.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12446 on: March 22, 2018, 01:27:18 PM

Thinking about going the next step in complexity and trying Crusader Kings 2 to bide my time until the 2.0.2 patch for Stellaris goes out of Beta amd fixes the worst bugs. Or should I buy Europa Universalis 4 instead? Which is the one more friendly to people coming from the kids table of Paradox strategy games?

You can watch a bunch of Let's Plays from Arumba on YouTube. You can learn alot by watching.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12447 on: March 22, 2018, 02:55:23 PM

Since there's a big Ubisoft sale going on, anyone recommend anything strongly? I've been looking at trying a Far Cry game since I've never played one, and I'm in the mood for some open worldly stuff.

I've been eyeballing Ghost Recon Wildlands, though it seems more aimed at co-op. Also haven't played a Far Cry since 1 & 2, thinking about maybe Primal.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12448 on: March 22, 2018, 07:09:30 PM

Crusader Kings 2 has a lot more personality than EU4, IMO. I'm not entirely sure why but while complex and spreadsheety, it still feels more relatable and personal to me.

Rasix

Reply #12449 on: March 22, 2018, 08:23:16 PM

I'm guessing Assassin's Creed: Origins needs a fairly decent PC to run well, correct? I haven't played any in that series since the first.

-Rasix
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12450 on: March 22, 2018, 09:35:23 PM

I would play Assassins creed 2 or 4 rather than Origins as 4 is regarded as the best, with AC 2 following very close behind. AC 2 concentrates on the same stiff as the original with a stonger story, while AC 4 is you are a pirate on the high seas, giving Manowars what for with a brace of cannon! that occasionally does some Assassinating when the plot drags him ashore kicking and screaming. Origins is pretty much more of the same, except with multiplayer and wimmin.

Hic sunt dracones.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #12451 on: March 22, 2018, 11:07:52 PM

Crusader Kings 2 has a lot more personality than EU4, IMO. I'm not entirely sure why but while complex and spreadsheety, it still feels more relatable and personal to me.
CK2 you play a dynasty instead of a nation so random things happening to the head of the family can lead to unexpected things (and it's actually fun to "roleplay" it instead of doing the optimal thing once in a while)
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #12452 on: March 23, 2018, 02:28:37 AM

Whelp, the first refund I asked for and luckily it did work. I almost feared I would be settled with 100 Euros worth of DLC I'll never use.

Seems like I'm not a Grand Strategy guy, the immense fun I have with Stellaris evaporated as soon as I relocated to Earth. Strange.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12453 on: March 23, 2018, 02:19:46 PM

I feel like I need to point out that the combat in AC Black Flag and Origins is completely different.  Black Flag combat is basically the same as all of the others, but Origins is more like real games where you swing your weapon whenever and the enemies have hitboxes.  So, while Black Flag is by far the most awesome AC game, Origins does have that combat going for it if you have a problem with traditional AC combat.

Bayek is at best a Franklin Clinton to Kenway's CJ.  Game looks awesome, though.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #12454 on: March 23, 2018, 09:19:56 PM

If anyone out there doesn't actually have Divinity Original Sin 2 - I got a 25% off coupon for Steam. Let me know if anyone needs it.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12455 on: March 24, 2018, 04:09:41 AM

I think we all did.  I used mine last night.

Game is boring as fuck thus far.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12456 on: March 25, 2018, 05:31:55 AM

Further news.  This is a shit game.  Utter fucking shit. 

So, it's going to be the first steam game I'm going to get a refund over.  Not only is it boring.  Not only is it limited and awful.  Not only is the combat and systems just dreadful.  Not only that, but it just lost 3 hours of frustrating unfun play because apparently the quicksave doesn't work even though you hit quicksave and it says 'yeah, that's cool, carry on'.

Then it dumps you back into Fort Joy even though you escaped hours ago.

Fuck this game.  To those who got the token, don't waste your fucking time.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #12457 on: March 25, 2018, 08:40:57 PM

In about 300 hours, I can count on two hands the amount of times I actually used VATS in Fallout 4. It is drastically less useful compared to previous iterations, and I detest how criticals are tied to it.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12458 on: March 26, 2018, 07:25:35 AM

Further news.  This is a shit game.  Utter fucking shit. 

So, it's going to be the first steam game I'm going to get a refund over.  Not only is it boring.  Not only is it limited and awful.  Not only is the combat and systems just dreadful.  Not only that, but it just lost 3 hours of frustrating unfun play because apparently the quicksave doesn't work even though you hit quicksave and it says 'yeah, that's cool, carry on'.

Then it dumps you back into Fort Joy even though you escaped hours ago.

Fuck this game.  To those who got the token, don't waste your fucking time.
I propose we use this for the new review format. "But is it utter shit?"
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12459 on: March 26, 2018, 07:56:10 AM

Feel free to disagree.  Since I got knocked back for the refund.

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: