Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:38:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172839 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12285 on: January 04, 2018, 06:46:48 AM

I don't play 7 Days with assholes.  Problem solved.

I have pretty much been reduced to the likes of LEGO games and Assassin's Creed, with the brightest star and best hope for me being Mafia III.  But after that?  Probably AC and AC-ish games, like Mad Max or something.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12286 on: January 04, 2018, 06:59:06 AM

Yep. And half of me likes the bugs in 7 Days that allows a safe base, half of me wants them closed. But that game would be so brutal without them.

I've long said that only f13 servers have been worth playing multiplayer, at least since I used to play in a bf1942 clan. League/ladder level play on team servers is really fucking awesome, pubbing sucks hard (unless you're a clan rolling onto a pub for lols, but that kinda sucks for the pubbers).
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #12287 on: January 04, 2018, 09:51:44 AM

Funny, the first time I ever played Left 4 Dead was with f13 folks and one of them TK'd me with a molotov cocktail right at the end of the game.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12288 on: January 04, 2018, 12:05:19 PM

For all but a very few f13ers, I'd laugh about that just as if I was playing split-screen with someone. It's different when someone you like is doing it, vs some random sociopath or known sociopath.

I've only had two negative experiences with f13 servers/guilds. But one was a known dickbag and the other was a ringer brought in to have more warm bodies. On the whole I've had great experiences playing stuff with f13 folks.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12289 on: January 04, 2018, 03:29:49 PM

For all but a very few f13ers, I'd laugh about that just as if I was playing split-screen with someone. It's different when someone you like is doing it, vs some random sociopath or known sociopath.

I've only had two negative experiences with f13 servers/guilds. But one was a known dickbag and the other was a ringer brought in to have more warm bodies. On the whole I've had great experiences playing stuff with f13 folks.

:thinking emoji:
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #12290 on: January 05, 2018, 03:48:46 PM

Played through steamworld dig 2, its alrighte but hollow knight was better in all ways, cheaper, more content, areas were far more interesting and more challenging.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #12291 on: January 05, 2018, 10:59:40 PM

Picked up an SNES Classic today although I probably won't get around to opening it, let alone hooking it up and playing it, for quite a while.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12292 on: January 08, 2018, 02:28:37 AM

A weekend that contained some attempts to have a father/daughter duo game of Epic Fortnite. 

Which turned into a marathon session and then a further marathon session with Husband/wife team because 'it looked fun'.

It is fun.  Enormous fun.  Though you really ought to prepare yourself to get utterly owned by two Chinese Teenagers.

It's also a strange game where you can come fourth just by avoiding most people.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12293 on: January 08, 2018, 06:45:16 AM

A weekend that contained some attempts to have a father/daughter duo game of Epic Fortnite. 

Which turned into a marathon session and then a further marathon session with Husband/wife team because 'it looked fun'.

It is fun.  Enormous fun.  Though you really ought to prepare yourself to get utterly owned by two Chinese Teenagers.

It's also a strange game where you can come fourth just by avoiding most people.

Hahah weirdly I can report having almost the same weekend just replace Fortnite with PUBG. My daughter and I played 10 rounds and got thoroughly trounced by all the teenagers. Our best finish was in a game where we both AFKed for about 10 minutes and came 5th.

I love the fact that you can play the game as an explorer/stealth player using some intelligence and patience. I've come 2nd twice with only 1 or 2 kills. (At some point though you gotta beat someone in a gun fight, I prefer it to be the last someone)

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12294 on: January 08, 2018, 07:11:20 AM

I was slightly concerned that PUBG is both more complex and more realistic.

However, the cartoon style of Fortnite really impressed Elena, so the decision was made.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12295 on: January 08, 2018, 07:15:17 AM

So a quick look I notice that it's available for PC (but not on steam, boo), the PvP version is free?Huh What's the catch?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12296 on: January 08, 2018, 07:59:46 AM

Yes, the lack of steam pissed me off since I spent ages looking for it on there, but the signup and launcher isn't as bad as the usual shite, so that's good.

The PvP BattleRoyale bit is free.  I suspect due to the fact that marks like Elena will look at the youtube for the zombie game and say 'Dad, we could get that.'  Meaning, 'Dad, get that now you cunt.'

So it's a good marketing tool I guess.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12297 on: January 08, 2018, 08:04:46 AM

The PvP BattleRoyale bit is free.  I suspect due to the fact that marks like Elena will look at the youtube for the zombie game and say 'Dad, we could get that.'  Meaning, 'Dad, get that now you cunt.'

I'll give it a try, hopefully less traumatic on my 4year old PC too. Good to know that I'm not the only one with a daughter like that, Cecelia is 8 going on 18.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12298 on: January 08, 2018, 09:08:09 AM

Family is back to being addicted to Stardew Valley. Wife is the worst as the cell phone/ipad/book has been replaced by the Switch for idle time. No, you cannot play one more day, it's dinner time.

Otherwise it's Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (nearly at 100 hours) and Minecraft with the son. I'll be getting back to Risen once I've cleared something off the current lineup. Then perhaps Mario Odyssey once Risen is done.

-Rasix
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #12299 on: January 08, 2018, 09:39:40 AM

I finished Night in the Woods, Battle Chef Brigade & Pyre, all of which I liked quite a bit.  Also played some Mario Odyssey and Mario and Rabids with the kids.  I cannot stand the Rabids, which is a shame because otherwise I think the game would be pretty decent.

Currently playing some Persona 4 and a little SFV here and there.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12300 on: January 08, 2018, 10:25:29 AM

That's normal for this kind of game.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12301 on: January 08, 2018, 10:30:51 AM

So a quick look I notice that it's available for PC (but not on steam, boo), the PvP version is free?Huh What's the catch?
No catch (yet). The PvE game which came out first and is the worst of the worst in terms of progression tied to loot boxes and RNG is basically subsidizing the development of the Battle Royale mode (technically it's a different team but it's the same company).
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12302 on: January 08, 2018, 02:13:39 PM

Started playing Astroneer.

Send help.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12303 on: January 08, 2018, 08:53:19 PM

Geez, you people.  You should go outside and get some sun.  It'll dry up the spots on your face.    Your kids need vitamin D.  It'll give you energy and clear some of the blood clots in your legs.  Wear sunglasses because you don't want to shock your eyes and go blind.  Take a shower.  Clean out your cupboard and toss the Doritos and beer. 

HA!  I'm too funny.  I crack myself up!!   Raspberry

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12304 on: January 09, 2018, 01:11:26 AM

Scotland ;  what fucking sun ?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12305 on: January 09, 2018, 06:34:12 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12306 on: January 10, 2018, 06:42:57 PM

I spend too much time outside already.  Outside sucks.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12307 on: January 11, 2018, 01:40:02 AM

Yeah, the resolutions all messed up and the sound is a bit wonky and, frankly, someone should have worked a bit harder to make it more fun and gamey.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12308 on: January 11, 2018, 06:42:46 AM

Btw art is a great socially-acceptable reason to shun people and spend time at home locked away in the most awesome room in the house.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #12309 on: January 11, 2018, 05:41:49 PM

Finally been getting in to Divinity:OS 2.

All of the criticisms of the game are true, but I'm having a great time with it.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12310 on: January 12, 2018, 06:36:37 AM

Yeah, I liked it much more than the one before this. Though I gave up on the last fight for now, it's too much of a pain in the neck.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12311 on: January 12, 2018, 07:38:57 AM

I actually got hooked on a playthrough of Baldur's Gate: EE. It's interesting to see how some of the things from that game, beloved as it is by people, were also things that successive waves of design have worked to take out (thankfully). Inventory management is so stabby, dealing with redistributing everything when someone dies is an enormous pain in the ass, some spells are ridiculously overpowered (as per D&D rules, I guess), and while it was fun to hear Minsc again for an hour or two, listening to the catch-phrases for most of the NPCs gets really, really old after a while. etc.

Still fun to do it--it's been so long that I don't remember a lot of the specifics--but it's also great to realize how much better a lot of basic RPG design has gotten on some of the smaller mechanics.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12312 on: January 12, 2018, 01:45:20 PM

I picked up Overcooked on my PS4, partly because I dimly remembered hearing someone here talking about it.  Playing it in short bursts with the GF, who is a complete video game noob.  We're both having a blast.  A+.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12313 on: January 13, 2018, 01:49:21 AM

I am really not good at Dark Souls.

EDIT ;  but apparently I'm much, much better when I play a Cleric.  So there's that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:40:26 AM by Ironwood »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #12314 on: January 13, 2018, 09:48:43 AM

I picked up Overcooked on my PS4, partly because I dimly remembered hearing someone here talking about it.  Playing it in short bursts with the GF, who is a complete video game noob.  We're both having a blast.  A+.

I got it for the Switch. Kids and wife love it. Controls are good, even with the joy-cons.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #12315 on: January 14, 2018, 07:57:01 AM

Currently playing a low-key TRPG called "Children of Zodiarcs," the Ogre Battle game on PSP, and Chrono Trigger on iPad.

I may need help.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #12316 on: January 14, 2018, 08:16:42 AM

I would master-tier support a Kickstarter by Square-Enix to remaster Chrono Trigger with modern day flair. Not that cheesy graphic shite they did with the recent FFV or FFVI remakes; something akin to what they're doing with FFVII. All time best game ever, bar none.

Currently playing through Zelda on the Switch, and The Division on PC when Switch is charging or something else is going on.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12317 on: January 14, 2018, 10:14:39 AM

I thought I would, but haven't yet, give Conan Exiles another go since they claim to have worked hard on it since my last bout.  I'm wondering whether to use a few mods that have been made to make it a bit easier to get started and play in single player mode.  I haven't been playing much of anything lately.  I can't seem to maintain interest.  I play some of my past MMORPGs and twenty minute :sad_panda:s later I've wandered off.  I've modded the fuck out of some but eventually I lose interest.  I feel like a dinosaur waiting for a meteor. 

I think maybe a survival game that isn't horror, has crafting, building, single player or no pvp and can be played casually.  But not one of those cartoon-y or block-y ones.  Nothing too intense.  Is that Conan?

I have no groove left. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12318 on: January 14, 2018, 02:17:16 PM

Maybe private server Rust would be for you, if that's possible?

I feel the same though. There's little out there that sparks my interest anymore.

Hic sunt dracones.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12319 on: January 14, 2018, 09:20:03 PM

I feel like I'd like something in that space--that had other players, that wasn't sociopathic, that wasn't full of zombies, that let you build interesting things, that had a big world to explore with lots of surprises.

One of the really off-putting things about some of the big games in this domain is the "if you're offline, people can kill you/rob you/lock you up and destroy everything you've built" approach to persistance. That seems like such a bad bad idea at the core of it, even though I get how that makes persistence into something really...persistent!
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: