Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172666 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12180 on: November 29, 2017, 09:47:06 AM

Yesterday I played WoW. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12181 on: November 29, 2017, 02:09:40 PM

Yesterday I played WoW. 

ZombieSigne

I finished Little Nightmares.  It was good.  Had some allegorical stuff that's fun to pick over if you like that sort of thing (but not, like, Bioshock Infinite levels of being up its own butt).  Some really cool stuff with the camera too -- there aren't any cutscenes, but they'll do interesting things with how they frame particular sections (like messing with the distance and the depth of field) that make it feel very cinematic.  I could actually see myself playing through it again just to enjoy how nice it all looks.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12182 on: November 30, 2017, 03:44:50 PM

I didn't like GTA4, but I do like GTA 5 so much that I bought it once on 360 and then the updated one for PS4.  Of course: Grove Street 4 Lyfe, but Franklin and Lamar are pretty good.  You can, in fact, visit the Grove Street cul-de-sac but it does look different.

AC Syndicate is a long-ass game.  Maybe it seems longer because it is similar enough to Unity that I feel like I'm playing one very long game.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12183 on: November 30, 2017, 04:08:11 PM

Yeah, I found it kind of odd how the hood was so engraved in my mind that I got upset that it was done wrong and there was no body armor around the corner in the river. Like, give me a goddamned Rider easter egg, an EZ lookin dude smoking outside his house or something! Even some OG tagging. Bah.

I had to exert willpower to not buy it for the XBoneX thus far. We'll see how it goes after I finish RDR. Now that I'm a dirty console whore, I'll likely buy VI for console and again when the better PC version comes out.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12184 on: November 30, 2017, 08:38:08 PM

The new Hitman content is pretty good.  Super dumb stuff, but in the best way.  The sniper scenario is kinda meh, but everything else is rad.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12185 on: December 01, 2017, 11:14:04 AM

Yesterday I played WoW. 

Have you played it since?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12186 on: December 01, 2017, 12:02:59 PM

Yes.  I played it today. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
lesion

Reply #12187 on: December 02, 2017, 06:22:54 AM

It's okay Signe. It's still a solid time-waster.

steam|a grue \[T]/
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12188 on: December 02, 2017, 12:34:04 PM

I didn't like GTA4, but I do like GTA 5 so much that I bought it once on 360 and then the updated one for PS4.  Of course: Grove Street 4 Lyfe, but Franklin and Lamar are pretty good.  You can, in fact, visit the Grove Street cul-de-sac but it does look different.

AC Syndicate is a long-ass game.  Maybe it seems longer because it is similar enough to Unity that I feel like I'm playing one very long game.

I managed to triple-dip on GTAV - 360, XB1 and PC.  Still jump into GTAO on occasion just to fart around and blow shit up.

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #12189 on: December 03, 2017, 02:44:32 AM

Had a games night last night with some friends, which I think I haven't done in a decade. Hooked the PC up to the 4K TV and had an absolute ball playing rocket league, overcooked, jackbox party pack and lethal league. Would've played some Sonic Racing as well but my PC couldn't take it with the graphics at max on 4K!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #12190 on: December 03, 2017, 05:43:29 AM

Dominions 5 just came out so I'm going to uselessly flail around with that for a while.

I am the .00000001428%
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #12191 on: December 03, 2017, 06:32:27 AM

Dominions 5 just came out so I'm going to uselessly flail around with that for a while.

Same here, waiting for a dom5 game to start (some people are slow to upload their pretenders) and waiting for the last dom4 game to end (astral corruption by the abysian player really ground the game progression to halt).

Other than that it's CK2 (until the next Stellaris or HOI4 patch comes out)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12192 on: December 04, 2017, 06:52:11 AM

Finished up Elex. Kinda gets wonky with dialog choices at the big showdown, but it also sets up what I had strongly hoped would be a trilogy. Definitely the strongest PB game yet, and the pew pew and jetpacks kept it fun. After 80-90 hours or whatever, not sure I'm going to try another playthrough, but it's tempting. Great game.

After all these years, FINALLY starting up RDR! Love the atmosphere and music, the older graphics really aren't very noticeable imo (more the console limitations than the age, I think). Just spent the afternoon hanging out outside the ranch doing some hunting and enjoying the random events that pop up. Tutorials seem a bit weak, just kinda fumbling through, lock on target seems real iffy compared to GTA. I was getting swarmed by outlaws after doing a bounty, must've killed a couple dozen before some bystander got in the way, got shot which put a bounty on me, and instantly a posse showed up and took me out. Meh.

Also really wish I could lock the minimap to north, hate spinny maps (and afaik all PC GTA ports have allowed locking it). And the big one, no quicksave. I don't know why console games have such a need to be casual unfriendly like that. Not even to save scum, just to drop out when I want to, rather than be forced to haul all the way back to the ranch to sleep. Makes no sense, and coming from Elex where I could save at will, it's glaring.

Still, can overlook most of the flaws because it seems to have nailed the atmosphere and it's some fun tooling around the desert with good voice work.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12193 on: December 04, 2017, 07:57:38 AM

Got started on Assassin's Creed Origins.

I like it well enough--maybe as much as Black Flag, so far; much more than Syndicate, which I really disliked.

I am just never going to love the way that one style of game (the Batman Arkham games, AC, Mad Max, etc.) does 'open world', though--where you don't so much 'discover' a world that feels world-like as wander from attraction to attraction in a very very elaborate amusement park. I do at least love wiping out a base of guards--it's a nice combination of twitchy game play and strategic thinking. I don't know that I could ever fully explain why Skyrim/Fallout completely satisfy me in how they think about being a "world" and AC never will unless it makes a shift of some kind.

I think I need to get a Switch and play Breath of the Wild, but we'll see.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12194 on: December 04, 2017, 09:57:41 AM

I guess I must be one of the broken ones, because I really liked Risen and will probably continue through the Piranha Bytes catalog at a later time. I got all of the Risen games in a the Autumn sale for $12.50, and the first one has been worth that. The last chapter (and chapter 3 for that matter) is kind of a slog. The auto-leveled lizard dudes don't really stop doing a butt load of damage to you unless you fight everything super carefully. Nothing, however, is really hard to fight anymore and when you have a companion, it's a cakewalk. Something about the game just works, maybe it's the exploration, maybe it's the novelty of the game despite its jankiness. The build diversity is a little lacking as you're kind of shoehorned into a role via faction choice, but I've liked playing a melee rogue thus far.

Started Xenoblade Chronicles 2 over the weekend. I don't remember Chronicles X being this weaboo-ish, but goddamn this game is Japanese in a way that I reserved for Persona games alone. The character designs are ridiculous, especially Pyra. There's just a ton of boobage and wacky Anime cutscene stuff here going on. Despite that, this appears to be a pretty well done and complex game. It's like X but a lot more of everything. The combat is fine, but there is a lot of information being presented to you, and I don't quite have the timing down. This game might be best played in the undocked state as there seems to be some button lag (at least with salvaging) on the pro controller. Mobile, I can only play for so long, due to neck issues. I would be hesitant to recommend this game to just anyone, as you pretty much need to be really comfortable with JRPGs (think Persona/Shadow Hearts/Grandia level of comfortable). Unlike some reviewers, I really haven't had an issue with pacing. It opens up at a pretty decent rate, and you're knee deep in shit to do by around the 3-4 hour mark depending on how fast you play.  You barely notice it, however, and the time has been passing by rapidly. Death is painless and the fast travel options are numerous, so it's not particularly ponderous to play.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:00:02 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12195 on: December 04, 2017, 11:19:53 AM

They went back to non-scaled for Elex. Also, faction = class is kinda their thing, but it's been eased a bit in Elex, so if you like melee, you can always do that. But there are optimal paths, like Clerics allow you to add elemental damage to tech swords, Outlaws can craft projectiles, etc. I got a ranged buff for being a cleric, but I used a single named gun with storebought ammo most of the game.

I finished Risen and made it like 90% through Risen 2 before I just couldn't take the setting anymore. I had also finished Gothic 1 & 2 (including the expansion which was cool),
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #12196 on: December 04, 2017, 11:44:55 AM

I'm not even sure how related any of the Xeno games are to each other but I didn't like Xenogears so I've always ignored that series.  I think I need to give Chronicles 2 a chance, it seems like my kind of game. 

I'm currently playing League again  awesome, for real.  I think there's like 15 new champions since I played last but the items haven't changed too much, so my first couple ARAMs went well.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12197 on: December 05, 2017, 03:43:30 PM

Had a games night last night with some friends, which I think I haven't done in a decade. Hooked the PC up to the 4K TV and had an absolute ball playing rocket league, overcooked, jackbox party pack and lethal league. Would've played some Sonic Racing as well but my PC couldn't take it with the graphics at max on 4K!

I love doing that stuff.  You might want to take a look at Ultimate Chicken Horse, Duck Game and BroForce, which have all been hits with my crew for 4-player couch gaming.  Gang Beasts is also pretty fun.

Rasix

Reply #12198 on: December 07, 2017, 12:07:49 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 might be the best non-Persona JRPG that I've played since the PS2 era. Granted, that's not saying a whole lot, but so far it's really outstanding.

It's hard to put down, and considering I'l probably still be trying to finish it  during winter vacation time; I can just take it with me. Apparently the mobile graphics are significantly degraded, but I really didn't notice it during the 2 hours of my son's chess class.

Anyone get Skyrim on the Switch and have any crashing issues? I've heard some reviews saying it crashes a lot and some that haven't run into any crashing, just your standard Bethsoft bugs.

-Rasix
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #12199 on: December 07, 2017, 01:22:58 PM

No crashing so far, weird sound glitches on occasion though. Only once or twice a loud static noise took over for footsteps. Jarring, but not game breaking. The resolution is noticeably downgraded in handheld, but I mean... playing Skyrim on the go? Yeah, it's freaking cool.

It's the same old Skyrim though, nothing new there.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12200 on: December 07, 2017, 06:15:45 PM

had no issues so far, its great
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12201 on: December 08, 2017, 01:08:49 PM

Finished as much as I am going to of AC Syndicate, minus Jack the Ripper.  But I'm going to put it down now.

I picked up Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker again and wasted a little time on it.  That was nice.

Still working through LEGO City Undercover with my wife, as well as my own save file because I missed some trophies somehow in multiplayer.

I'm not set on what I'm playing next.  Might be AC Origins but there is a great chance that I'll pick up Fallout 4 again.  There are also a few other LEGO games that I want to work on.

Cheddar told me about Lineage 2 on mobile and for some reason I downloaded it.  I almost made it through character generation.  Will try again later.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12202 on: December 08, 2017, 01:29:18 PM

Origins is continuing to be fun, though if I NEVER again have to play a game where my character gets poisoned/knocked out/betrayed by someone who is obviously the secret villain I'm hunting but nevertheless the game compels my character to trust him naively, I will be a happy gamer. It is the dumbest of all dumb story cliches and in a game that ostensibly lets me move about freely it's especially dumb. If a game's writers really want to surprise me, at least try hard not to make the NPC who is supposed to be an ally twirl his mustache and drop hints about how villainous he is.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #12203 on: December 10, 2017, 05:16:54 PM

I'm not even sure how related any of the Xeno games are to each other but I didn't like Xenogears so I've always ignored that series.  I think I need to give Chronicles 2 a chance, it seems like my kind of game. 

Hmm, yeah, I didn't even realize they were related at all... I think I played one on the PS2 ten or fifteen years ago?  Question for anyone who's played it, but is Xenoblade Chronicle 2 playable without knowing anything about Xenoblade Chronicles the first, aside from I guess Shulk's move list in Smash Bros?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12204 on: December 10, 2017, 05:50:09 PM

Question for anyone who's played it, but is Xenoblade Chronicle 2 playable without knowing anything about Xenoblade Chronicles the first, aside from I guess Shulk's move list in Smash Bros?
Yes. While technically a sequel the world is new as are the characters and story.
Rasix

Reply #12205 on: December 11, 2017, 08:46:20 AM

The combat feels similar and the world mechanics are somewhat similar, but you don't need any knowledge of the other to enjoy this one.

Too much boobage to play this one in front of the family. They really ramped up the T&A factor. Almost every non-male blade is wearing the bare minimum for clothing.

-Rasix
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #12206 on: December 12, 2017, 10:30:43 PM

I am going to try to resist jizzing all over this thread, but guys...Fallout 4 came out on VR yesterday.  You may have heard grumbling and some mixed reviews due to some day one graphics bugs...and while that is a fair complaint, they already have a beta patch that fixed the issues.  With that out of the way, what remains is the most profound experience I have ever had in a video game, ever.  It looks unbelievable, I literally cannot wrap my head around what they have pulled off.  Un-fucking-real.

I have been fortunate enough to try some really cool stuff by being a part of this first wave of VR, but god damn.  I was looking forward to this like crazy, but I never expected Bethesda would actually exceed my expectations.  The thought of Skyrim coming (non PS4, thx) and maybe even re-doing FO3....fuggedaboutit.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #12207 on: December 13, 2017, 12:18:12 AM

was that a 'post your avatar' challenge
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12208 on: December 13, 2017, 05:35:53 AM

I almost feel like taking the VR plunge...
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #12209 on: December 13, 2017, 07:21:47 AM

Been waiting for the next gen of the systems.  Give them more times to work out the kinks and get bigger libraries.  Then I'll make the plunge (maybe I'll buy one to take with me to my box in Iraq if I choose to go there next).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #12210 on: December 13, 2017, 07:28:59 AM

Hey Cyrrex, are you playing on Vive or Oculus, and what video card?

I'm as big a FO4 addict as there is, but I'm remaining patient waiting for some Oculus optimizations to show up. It was heartening to hear that apparently they didn't restrict mods in any ways.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12211 on: December 13, 2017, 07:51:29 AM

I'm also in the 'next gen' camp. This gen looks decent, so once they get some kinks worked out I'll probably hop on.

Also, more interested in Rockstar getting into the ring, Bethesda's stuff always gets old quick for me but I always go back to GTA at least once a year. Also, a good implementation of java minecraft in VR. Then I'd be good with it.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #12212 on: December 13, 2017, 10:13:45 PM

Hey Cyrrex, are you playing on Vive or Oculus, and what video card?

I'm as big a FO4 addict as there is, but I'm remaining patient waiting for some Oculus optimizations to show up. It was heartening to hear that apparently they didn't restrict mods in any ways.

Vive, and on a 1080.  Not really sure what the deal is with the Oculus stuff, I just figured it being Zenimax that Oculus would get the official middle finger.  That said, can you not just play it through Steam and take advantage of the beta fixes?

The graphical leap they pulled off with this one actually feels Next Gen.  I can't believe how sharp it is, way better than anything else I have seen.  It will start to get fuzzy off in the distance, but that can't be helped.

Also, a good implementation of java minecraft in VR. Then I'd be good with it.

Que?  I am not sure what you mean here, maybe I misunderstand...the VR implementation of minecraft is basically perfect.  If I wasn't already over minecraft, I would play the shit out of it in VR.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12213 on: December 14, 2017, 09:11:10 AM

I can't build a tech base with computers and nuclear power with a teleporter to my magic base with a thaumaturgic lab in vanilla minecraft. And I mean, no jetpacks? Why even. https://imgur.com/a/iLMPF

Vanilla minecraft is great for 5 year olds or 2012.

I'm also not sold on the movement yet.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #12214 on: December 14, 2017, 09:53:55 PM

Well, Vivecraft is itself a mod.  And I suspect it, too, is moddable. 

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: