Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172969 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12110 on: October 25, 2017, 03:10:09 PM

Well, no-one playing Cogmind, that's for sure.  Even ADOM got better pics than this.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12111 on: October 25, 2017, 04:51:42 PM

Mudding. I realized that with the older player base and smaller one that the amount of asshats is siiiiiiignificantly lower on a MUD. Who needs graphics.

I wonder if I can still do that. Which mud? Do you use a client? Which one? How would a person do that in 2017 (who hasn't done it this century, I mean).
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12112 on: October 25, 2017, 07:35:04 PM

Arctic.  mud.arctic.org 2700

Mushclient

Look for Myth clan and tell em Dave sent you..:D

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12113 on: October 26, 2017, 01:39:33 PM

I think I'm close to completing Horizon, maybe.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12114 on: October 26, 2017, 02:19:35 PM

Warframe on PC. I had tried it ages ago and it didn't stick, but now I'm having a blast. I put it on my backup PC as well so I can play with my stepson; he's loving it too.

Nearly done with Metroid: Samus Returns on 3ds; it's exactly what I want from a Metroidvania. Etrian Odyssey V is next on the agenda.

Also playing Crush Crush on the laptop at work; it's an idle/clicker game in the vein of Huniepop. For the low price of free, it kills time.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #12115 on: October 26, 2017, 02:39:34 PM

I think I am as well.  At least, I need to go talk to a guy because omg end of the world soon or somesuch.

Also, there is DLC on, I believe, the 7th.  So you aren't done yet!
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #12116 on: October 26, 2017, 03:06:59 PM

World of tanks for a about an hour with a buddy in Canada.  Don't play every night but when I do it is for an hour. Hour and a half tops. I just can't do the marathon crap anymore.  I shudder to think about the hours I spent in MMOs in my 30s.

Overwatch - I still enjoy this game but man is the community toxic.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12117 on: October 26, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

God, I want to love Divinity 2 but the brutally uneven scaling annoys the fuck out of me. It's like you go from:

a) assfucked! Sorry! Maybe there's lube in a crate!
b) awesome! kill it all!
c) sail across the ocean! Assfucked! Maybe there's lube in a crypt!

and so on. Which the first game had too.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12118 on: October 27, 2017, 12:35:52 AM

God, I want to love Divinity 2 but the brutally uneven scaling annoys the fuck out of me. It's like you go from:

a) assfucked! Sorry! Maybe there's lube in a crate!
b) awesome! kill it all!
c) sail across the ocean! Assfucked! Maybe there's lube in a crypt!

and so on. Which the first game had too.

I have a party that hasn't had many issues since I got toward the end of Reaper's Coast. I think by completing all of the side quests I could find; I ended up ahead of the curve.

But man.. the bugs. I source consumed some random guy and all of the sudden I know that NPC X is actually a bad guy? WTF. THANKS GAME, next time spoiler alert that. I seriously didn't even have that revelation on my radar. I also had a major quest bug out in the third area that had somewhat large story impact. Then there's times when stuff just auto-advances for no apparent reason or because you simply walked into an area.

Story still decent. Games still fun. But this game needed some more QA. Some of these breakages are bad and could get caught by any tester-monkey.

-Rasix
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #12119 on: October 27, 2017, 01:56:35 PM

I have a bunch of games on my list, hoping to play some this weekend.

Assassin's Creed - bought, haven't played yet. Appears to be standard fare for the series.

Shadow of War - Loot box bullshit is skippable, Gollum is back and is terrible. Otherwise, its fine and will be a good sale game if you enjoyed the first.

Super Mario Odyssey - Only ~2 hours in, it's fantastic and fun. It feels more like playing the great PS1/2 platformers (Jak and Daxter, Spyro, Rachet&Clank) than a Mario game. Lots to explore and so far it feels a bit easy. We'll see how that holds up.

SteamWorld Dig 2 - Great game, almost at the end of it. If you liked the first, this is a must-have.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12120 on: October 27, 2017, 04:15:26 PM

I played the shit out of GW2, and decided fuck it and actually loaded up SOMA again for 3 hours tonight. It was a weird feeling.. I suddenly remembered what the concept of FUN is.   ACK!

Hic sunt dracones.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12121 on: October 27, 2017, 10:19:50 PM

Playing Dragon's Dogma (PC). Pretty fun, even if it gives the vibe of doing dungeons in random_mmo_01 only with the party members replaced by AI. Though considering the average pug experience, it's a definite improvement.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

e: also, why do none of you fuckers fine folks have pawns I can steal only to get them horribly murdered
e2: also also, chests/mobs respawn so often it definitely feels like an mmo.  Where are my purpz dammit!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 08:50:03 AM by Zetor »

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12122 on: October 28, 2017, 05:30:27 AM

Arctic.  mud.arctic.org 2700

Mushclient

Look for Myth clan and tell em Dave sent you..:D

If that's the same MUD, I played that one in the mid 90s.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #12123 on: October 29, 2017, 07:41:40 PM

Prey, which is pretty good! Not $60 good, but $20-30 good.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12124 on: October 30, 2017, 02:48:13 PM

I think I am as well.  At least, I need to go talk to a guy because omg end of the world soon or somesuch.

Also, there is DLC on, I believe, the 7th.  So you aren't done yet!

Finished story, still missing 2 trophies.  Not counting the New Game+ ones.

Finished story in LEGO City Undercover also.  39% completion, so not done yet.

A little GTAV.  Might do that one again.

Wife is playing AC: Origins.  I think I need to finish Syndicate first, also will give time to patch the bugs.

The boy, of course, is playing Super Mario Bros. Odyssey.  It's taken over the middle school.  Looks pretty good to me, too.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12125 on: October 30, 2017, 02:51:26 PM

I really disliked AC Syndicate, more than the usual.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #12126 on: October 30, 2017, 04:28:32 PM

I haven't played any LEGO games - are they younger kid friendly? Currently playing Stardew Valley with my daughter (5yo) and looking for something else to give a whirl.

- Viin
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #12127 on: October 30, 2017, 05:04:07 PM

I haven't played any LEGO games - are they younger kid friendly? Currently playing Stardew Valley with my daughter (5yo) and looking for something else to give a whirl.

I tried having my son play Lego Marvel Super Heroes at 5, and it was too complex for him - even with me helping.  He's 7 now and its great for him now.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #12128 on: October 31, 2017, 12:02:16 PM

Playing Black Desert Online again. While its biggest flaw is certainly the very weirdly limited player interaction, I still think it's one of the most underrated MMORPGs ever. Easily best action combat and best world in the genre.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12129 on: October 31, 2017, 08:19:09 PM

Finished Divinity Original Sin 2. 104 hours... wtf.  I did start over once, but that is a lot of time toward one time through. I did pretty much complete everything and this game isn't particularly fast paced in the first place.

Good game. Didn't particularly like the ending, but it didn't ruin it. End fight was a bit on the easy side. Don't know if I want to move on to something else or give this another go at a higher difficulty level or just different party composition.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #12130 on: November 01, 2017, 07:01:33 AM

I got one of the SNES mini things so I'm playing a lot of Super Mario World.

Next up Link to the Past which I never played. If I get into it I may Radicalthon my journey.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12131 on: November 01, 2017, 04:50:56 PM

Playing Black Desert Online again. While its biggest flaw is certainly the very weirdly limited player interaction, I still think it's one of the most underrated MMORPGs ever. Easily best action combat and best world in the genre.

I played for about 2 months, put in around 200 hours, and I felt the exact same way. I loved the freedom, the challenge of no fast travel, and the sense of accomplishment with every milestone. Then, I came to realize that every system in the game eventually turns into a soul-crushing grind. Don't get me wrong, I love a good grind, but this was a two-steps forward, 20 steps back kind of grind based on building stacks of failure for a better chance at a single success. It's also possible I have become an old, filthy casual that can no longer tolerate long periods without fun for the delayed gratification.

I will give them credit, they made mastering everything in the game a near impossible feat, which I can respect.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #12132 on: November 01, 2017, 05:17:53 PM

I think that gone are the days when we could stay on the same MMORPG for more than two months. It used to happen because they were the new magic. Now, it only happens because of friends or community, not because of the gameplay. I praise Black Desert for being worthy of my two months. A rare feat these days.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12133 on: November 01, 2017, 05:36:09 PM

I don't even pay attention to the MMO space any more, sadly.  I just don't have that kinda time as of late.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12134 on: November 01, 2017, 07:55:57 PM

There really isn't anything to pay much attention to in that space.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12135 on: November 01, 2017, 09:14:42 PM

I flirted with some GW2, which is a decent game but is a bit too generic mmo worldy for me. If SWTOR wasn't giving me odd network issues, I'd play that a couple months a year.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #12136 on: November 02, 2017, 12:55:32 AM

I just played FF14 for 6 months after last time playing it when it first (catastrophically) launched. It was fun to play thru all the content including the new expansion which launched while I was playing but now once I've caught up I'm losing my interest  (and letting my subscription lapse). All in all it's a good PVE MMO but I personally do not like repeating pve content ad nauseam. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12137 on: November 03, 2017, 08:05:46 AM

They definitely are.  Even the movie properties are LEGO-humor-ed so as to be cute or goofy where questionable.

Gameplay is basically smash things and build things.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12138 on: November 03, 2017, 08:08:59 AM

Well, everything is worse than Black Flag.  I haven't put any time into Origins, but my wife is the terror of Egypt.  Her favorite is/was Unity, though, so check that bias before you make any decisions.

I feel like Syndicate is pretty good if you just play as Jacob and act the part of London street thug.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12139 on: November 03, 2017, 08:52:11 AM

Well, everything is worse than Black Flag.  I haven't put any time into Origins, but my wife is the terror of Egypt.  Her favorite is/was Unity, though, so check that bias before you make any decisions.

I feel like Syndicate is pretty good if you just play as Jacob and act the part of London street thug.

Oddly, I fired up Black Flag for the first time last weekend (I bought it a year or so ago for $10), and man - it's just great.  Someone needs to make a game that's just sailing around fucking shit up.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12140 on: November 03, 2017, 12:44:29 PM

I was going to play through the American saga, as I love the setting of the colonial one...but I stalled out in it after a few hours. Maybe I should just dip into Black Flag at some point...

I got so tired of pirate themed stuff thanks to 3 entire looong games by Piranha Bytes. Love the games, hate the setting now.l
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12141 on: November 04, 2017, 11:43:11 AM

You know what kind of annoys me in a whole different range of games?

You maneuver your character(s) through a difficult series of quests and challenges trying to get at some secret base, some hidden power, some must-get-there-before-the-bads-do goal. There's literally only one way to get there. You see signs here and there of your enemy or enemies, but they don't seem to be ahead of you. You get into the secret base, the final lair, the sacred ruin--you've gotten a hold of the only key, you've done the ritual that only you could possibly do, you've gained the power to open the gate through defeating the ageless guardian.

And you walk up to the altar of ascension or the control panel of the ancient Aztecs or the treasure vault of the First Ones or the gate to godhood. And the bad guy and bad guy henchmen walk out of the shadows ahead of you, monologue a bit, smack you down in a cut scene, and take the MacGuffin or destroy the gate or set off the control panel and run on to the real climax, leaving you trapped/temporarily defeated/near-dead.

Yeah, I get it, it's a pulp-fiction staple but in a game context it comes off as especially dumb, because you've seen that there is literally no other way possible to get in this place besides the way you did it, and the way you did it is single-user only (or at least anyone else would have to parallel your adventures 100% exactly as you did it). I would really love to see this whole design idea disappear from game narratives. (Divinity 2 is my latest encounter with it, but hardly the only one.)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12142 on: November 04, 2017, 05:00:52 PM

That is definitely something that my wife and I both dislike.  As are the places where issues could be resolved if characters would just mention some super-important thing that they know to another character.

I'm taking a weekend in the mountains and so am just playing Siralim 2 on my Vita.  Son is playing Super Mario Odyssey, which is says is the best thing ever.  Wife is playing AC: Origins and is very much murdering the entire region around Alexandria.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #12143 on: November 06, 2017, 03:27:59 AM

I hate it, because it breaks game logic to satisfy a trodden-out story trope. It's usually even worse, because most often all of that end of the world shit would have been preventable if the main protagonist simply stopped looking for the ancient secret.

There wouldn't have been a threat of Russian super soldiers if Nathan Drake had stopped looking for Shangri-La for example and Raiders of the Lost Ark wouldn't have happened because the Nazi's wouldn't have been able to find the Ark of the Covenant if it weren't for Indiana Jones.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12144 on: November 06, 2017, 03:40:14 AM

Jones I can forgive because he's just obsessed with the relics plus he doesn't think the Ark of the Covenant has magical powers, at least not until near the end. Though the idea that Jones is skeptical about magical powers seems stupid, considering that we later find out that he's absolutely fucking witnessed other ancient reilcs having unmistakeably magical powers.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: