Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:29:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172836 times)
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #11900 on: June 22, 2017, 09:06:40 AM

Bloodborne - Horizon - Persona 5 is the holy trinity that makes PS4 worthwhile.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11901 on: June 22, 2017, 10:35:59 AM

I never preorder anything but last night I preordered the Horizon expansion via PSN.  I won't even get a disc to unwrap.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11902 on: June 27, 2017, 04:50:24 AM

Chemically addicted to PoE.  Found a nice Shadow Build that's similar to my Wizard build in Diablo 3 (you run around exploding and blowing everything up in an orgasmic shower of loot) and it's just great.

I honestly think this might be 'the most improved game' I've ever played.  Or maybe I was just jonesing for a better Diablo 2 for ages.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11903 on: June 27, 2017, 07:36:25 AM

I love th game. I'm taking a break until 3.0.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #11904 on: July 02, 2017, 01:48:26 PM

Finished salt and sanctuary or as it might have been called, souls and sanctuary. Interesting area design combined with the brands but the boss design wore a bit thin during the second half of the game. It was good but not great.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #11905 on: July 02, 2017, 08:58:10 PM

Started playing Ever Oasis on 3DS. It kinda feels like a cross between Dark Cloud and Animal Crossing. I'm only a few hours in so far but it's pretty fun.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11906 on: July 03, 2017, 06:12:37 AM

New experimental build of 7D2D. Holy crap is this new Alpha amazing. When it hits stable, well worth checking out.

New spawn system, POIs and traps, which seem cool and normal Alpha updates. But they all come together in some of the new building POIs to create a whole new angle to the gaming. The construction site is kind of a platformer, nicely laid out and tense as you keep having to fight on higher and higher ground.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #11907 on: July 03, 2017, 04:52:03 PM

Super late on some of this stuff, but I finally went through Mass Effect 3. I know people griped about it at release, so maybe it was the DLC, but I was pretty happy with it overall. Only gripe is that I didn't think to go scrounging for save files before starting up (didn't have my own available), so I wasn't able to take full advantage of decisions made in Mass Effect 1 and 2. I was pretty happy with how it wrapped up.

Continuing in a vein of overdue playthroughs, I've started Dragon Age: Inquisition. The combat is OK, I like some of the characters and mechanics they introduced. My only issue so far is that the zones are much larger than the previous games, so the completionist in me demands that I do as much of the first zone as possible before moving on. I'm digging the War Table so far, but we'll see how relevant it is moving forward. I think one of my favorite touches so far is the art for the tarot cards representing each character - they're a nice touch.

Also, random matches of World of Tanks. A game that is getting pretty annoying with the introduction of several premium tanks that are often superior to the normal tanks, which is a definite departure from past practice of releasing premium tanks that were competitive without being clearly OP.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #11908 on: July 04, 2017, 08:28:23 AM

So Hollow Knight is fantastic.  Imagine if Super Metroid had modern graphics/sound and enough variety in the combat and traversal mechanics to keep it fresh for a dozen or more hours instead of four.

The level design is smart, with a charming and melancholic aesthetic based around insects.  There’s lots of interconnectivity both in the world map and at room scale.  Particularly tricky sections are usually gated such that you can easily skip them after doing it the proper way once. 

Killing enemies constantly refills a small resource pool that’s used either for offensive moves or for healing.  This lets you recover from mistakes easily but if your play is bad or if you’re overextending it catches up with you.  This happens organically rather than all at once though, which smooths things out.  It also lets you zip around and feel really powerful once you get a few moves and become familiar with the enemies’ movesets.

My only real gripe is the way the mapping is handled.  You don’t start with a map but build it up by buying one from a vendor in each zone.  They are always partially filled in but only update at checkpoints rather than as you explore, and they don’t start filling in until you’ve bought the map.  The deeper zones were complex enough that I felt like I was diving for the cartographer then reversing course back to a checkpoint so I could get my bearings.  The check-pointing is good but fast travel is sparse.  This leads to a decent amount of backtracking for those interested in collecting All The Things but combat/platforming was fun enough that I didn’t mind at all.

Highly recommend to anyone with an interest in Metroidvanias.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #11909 on: July 04, 2017, 10:06:41 AM

Strazos, do yourself a favour and get out of that first zone as soon as you can. It's the most boring in the game and if you insist on completing it you'll burn out and never finish the game. Go back and finish it in short bursts between the better stuff.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #11910 on: July 05, 2017, 01:06:55 PM

Arinon, are you playing Hollow Knight with keyboard or a controller?  I fiddled around with it on my laptop the other day and didn't enjoy the keyboard controls that much.  It may just be practice, though.
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #11911 on: July 05, 2017, 02:48:41 PM

Controller.  I didn't try keyboard but that sounds painful.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11912 on: July 06, 2017, 09:00:56 AM

Bought a PS4 and Persona 5 finally. Got about an hour into it and HOLY SHIT, is this game just one of the most amazing visual masterpieces of design ever or what? Gameplay wise it's Persona, so it'll be good once I actually get into the gameplay portion of the game. It's entire meta narrative nature is just cool as shit.

I got GTA5 for free with it (which is also amazing looking), Madden 17 and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster because Gamestop was running a B2G1 Free promo on used games so figured why not. In addition, I started a play through of Final Fantasy VII on the PC ($6 Steam sale so why not), Pike and Shot Campaigns, Football Manager 2017, Hex, League of Legends and whatever else tickles my fancy when I have time. Not that I have nearly enough time for any of these things.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #11913 on: July 06, 2017, 09:09:33 AM

Been playing Injustice 2 on the XBone, because I'm a sucker for fighting games even though I'm nothing but a sucky button masher.

I like that the campaign is basically just an animated DC movie, with fights interspersed. The game also has a massive grinding random loot box system, that I'm also a sucker for.

Unfortunately, I'm now suffering from controller thumb.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11914 on: July 06, 2017, 03:22:24 PM

Bought a PS4 and Persona 5 finally. Got about an hour into it and HOLY SHIT, is this game just one of the most amazing visual masterpieces of design ever or what?

I'll be waiting here after you play Horizon Zero Dawn.

As usual, I get distracted.  Playing Vermintide a little, and it's fun playing Victor slicing off skaven heads.

Then I started playing Mordheim, which is pretty fun.  My warband is full of incompetents and sometimes I feel it is just for them to lose an eye or leg because of it.

I finally got over whatever my hangup was and downloaded Symphony of the Night on my Vita.  That's still fun.  I switched back and to SotN and Salt & Sanctuary over the weekend.

Then I get home and put an hour into Atelier Sophie.  Not sure when I'm going to be able to co-op 7 Days again.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11915 on: July 07, 2017, 08:59:17 AM

Bought a PS4 and Persona 5 finally. Got about an hour into it and HOLY SHIT, is this game just one of the most amazing visual masterpieces of design ever or what?

I'll be waiting here after you play Horizon Zero Dawn.

You know, for some reason, that one just doesn't seem to interest me at all. I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise (not that I need anymore new games to play now).  why so serious?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11916 on: July 07, 2017, 09:01:12 AM

I'm sure it doesn't seem interesting, but you haven't fucking played it.  If you don't have the time, don't buy it.  But don't let me see you buy something else first. awesome, for real

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11917 on: July 07, 2017, 09:07:36 AM

There's absolutely no way I can promise that. I have a problem with impulse purchase control.  awesome, for real

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #11918 on: July 07, 2017, 12:27:56 PM

You should play Horizon Zero Dawn.  If you own a PS4, go fucking buy it.

It is a very good game.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11919 on: July 07, 2017, 02:22:09 PM

Smells like understatement in this thread.

I'm going to try playing Elite Dangerous on PS4.  What's the worst that can happen?

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #11920 on: July 07, 2017, 07:57:21 PM

Strazos, do yourself a favour and get out of that first zone as soon as you can. It's the most boring in the game and if you insist on completing it you'll burn out and never finish the game. Go back and finish it in short bursts between the better stuff.

Yeah, it's weird how the zones after Hinterlands (the swamp, sea shore, and the desert oasis) are all much more reasonable in scope. The difference is quite stark, and I cannot figure out why.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #11921 on: July 07, 2017, 08:14:39 PM

I've been playing a lot of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Randomizer.

A mod that adds a lot of QoL improvements (Skips text automatically, streamlines a few bits and pieces) and most importantly randomizes item locations.

Locations are randomized and a few things patched in a way so that you can complete alll dungeons and the game without glitches or sequence breaks. It also adds custom sprites for the player, new modes and it also adds a completion tracker (displayed during the credits) and a spoiler feature (text file listing all item locations)

Modes include.

Classic: normal game except randomized.
Open: skips the escape out of Hyrule and starts you swordless  up you can find a sword later
Swordless: swords are removed from the game, all bosses have to be killed using items only
Time attack: you have limited time but can collect time extension items.
1 hit k.o.: one hit kills you.

You need an emulator and a jaoanese 1.0 ROM to run this but it's loads of fun.

http://vt.alttp.run
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:16:19 PM by Jeff Kelly »
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #11922 on: July 08, 2017, 03:07:38 PM

Been playing lots of hollow knight, really lovely game.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #11923 on: July 09, 2017, 01:19:45 PM

Horizon: Zero Dawn is good stuff.  Not only enjoyable gameplay, but some fantastic sci-fi story telling in a game. 

It and Hollow Knight are at the top of my list of GOTY2017.

I am really enjoying Persona 5 as well, and 70-ish hours into it, but while it represents huge quality of life improvements over the existing Persona systems and is indeed stylish as all hell, it suffers from a lot of really clunky aimed-at-middleschool-boys JRPG writing, which has detracted from the experience throughout.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11924 on: July 10, 2017, 08:56:55 AM

I am really enjoying Persona 5 as well, and 70-ish hours into it, but while it represents huge quality of life improvements over the existing Persona systems and is indeed stylish as all hell, it suffers from a lot of really clunky aimed-at-middleschool-boys JRPG writing, which has detracted from the experience throughout.

You say the bolded part as if that isn't the very definition of a Persona game.  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11925 on: July 13, 2017, 06:56:54 AM

7 Days to Die released the stable build of the current Alpha. It's pretty stable, I've been playing the experimental builds without much in the way of problems (from the game, but I think it's time for a new PSU).

It's a huge content release with several new systems that work well together (new POIs, spawn system, traps).

So looks like it's time to dig into it in earnest after screwing around with experimentals for the last couple weeks!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #11926 on: July 18, 2017, 11:22:24 AM

I just got my first Chicken Dinner (Last man standing) in Playerunknown's Battleground (fuck that title).

I've been playing that, a bit of Rimworld and Rocket League.  Gaming is good.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #11927 on: July 18, 2017, 07:18:23 PM

Nice, closest I've gotten in PUBG is #3.

- Viin
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #11928 on: July 18, 2017, 09:53:11 PM

Best I've done solo in PUBG is 5th, which happened on my second damn game. 

Did get a chicken dinner tonight as a duo though.

I've probably put in about 15h since the steam sale ended.  Getting better but I'll never be that good.  My ability to pick out hidden movement is garbage.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11929 on: July 19, 2017, 04:53:21 PM

Secret to winning games in pubg is to avoid being seen until late game.  The game has a serious design flaw in that it rewards camping quite heavily.  I'm pretty terrible at the game and have still managed a few wins in duo and team just by staying out of sight until the late game.  I hope that the developers recognize this and do more to reward players that venture out and/or get more kills.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #11930 on: July 19, 2017, 05:41:51 PM

You do get more points for more kills, but the points are a joke right now. Usually I try to jump out of the plane somewhere away from the "main" thrust of players so I can grab some gear in peace. Usually works unless the first zone ends up being the other side of the map and I can't find a damn vehicle. That strategy usually gets me in the last 50 (out of 99) before I encounter anyone.

- Viin
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #11931 on: July 19, 2017, 05:55:44 PM

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #11932 on: July 19, 2017, 07:21:02 PM

You do get more points for more kills, but the points are a joke right now. Usually I try to jump out of the plane somewhere away from the "main" thrust of players so I can grab some gear in peace. Usually works unless the first zone ends up being the other side of the map and I can't find a damn vehicle. That strategy usually gets me in the last 50 (out of 99) before I encounter anyone.

Ya, but that's boring. I've been jumping into big towns because it's super tense.  Works out sometimes, sometimes it doesn't.

I'd say camping is a strategy yes, but you need to be looting as much as possible: med packs + pain killers near the end make a huge difference in the 20m circle fights.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #11933 on: July 19, 2017, 10:04:31 PM

I'm playing on a vanilla WoW server. I can't believe how much I like the game in base state.

Also I'm playing FFxii remake, which I obviously played on PS2 because I remember tidbits. However, I really can't remember the specifics of the game at all. Which is strange, because I really like it. The gambit system is really flipping cool after having gone to school for programming since the last time I played this.

Another thing I didn't realize is how much of FF14 is lifted from FF12. The aesthetics, icons, the feel of the characters and art... Very cool.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11934 on: July 20, 2017, 01:47:32 PM

I'm playing on a vanilla WoW server. I can't believe how much I like the game in base state.

It really was a gloriously fun game for a long while. They just listened to the part of the fanbase that spoke to their own id rather than listening to their business sense.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: